Search

Stuck in BNE - Last flight - Help?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Stuck in BNE - Last flight - Help?

Hello,

Former frequent flyer trying to help out a friend in these difficult times.

She was in POM, managed to get a flight to BNE. Final destination ZRH.

She was involuntarily denied boarding on today's QR913 due to overbooking in Y. When I pull up her PNR on the website it just says "flight passed" without any change options - just cancel/refund.

Tomorrow's (LAST) QR913 seems to be full in Y but still selling F and J/C. I'm trying to get her reservation modified so we can get her checked in with an optimal SEQ number.

She was brought to a hotel in BNE in a paddy wagon and there's guards keeping them in their rooms. She can't talk to a reservations agent, apparently it was DNATA at BNE and told her to pound sand on the way out,

I'm reaching out to anyone I can in hoping to get my friend home. If she doesn't get this flight it's going to be complicated to get her to SYD for another.

If you can help out (giving out a +800 number does not qualify) please contact me.

I'll send you a few pound of maple syrup or swiss chocolate in return
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYZ_TVGuy
Former frequent flyer trying to help out a friend in these difficult times.

She was in POM, managed to get a flight to BNE. Final destination ZRH.

She was involuntarily denied boarding on today's QR913 due to overbooking in Y. When I pull up her PNR on the website it just says "flight passed" without any change options - just cancel/refund.

Tomorrow's (LAST) QR913 seems to be full in Y but still selling F and J/C. I'm trying to get her reservation modified so we can get her checked in with an optimal SEQ number.

She was brought to a hotel in BNE in a paddy wagon and there's guards keeping them in their rooms. She can't talk to a reservations agent, apparently it was DNATA at BNE and told her to pound sand on the way out,

I'm reaching out to anyone I can in hoping to get my friend home. If she doesn't get this flight it's going to be complicated to get her to SYD for another.

If you can help out (giving out a +800 number does not qualify) please contact me.

I'll send you a few pound of maple syrup or swiss chocolate in return
Was POM-BNE-DOH-ZRH all one ticket? Issued by who?
Was she expecting to do an airside transit at BNE?
Everyone who enters Australia now must do 14 days isolation in a state government paid hotel at the city of arrival. That will prevent her flying to SYD. Going back to BNE airport to get an outgoing international flight may be OK. Or not. Anyway very few domestic flights in Australia.
Does she have admission to Australia (visa etc)

Route---> Great Circle Mapper

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 14, 2020 at 3:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.