FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Refund Voucher Currency (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2015567-refund-voucher-currency.html)

wijibintheair Apr 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Refund Voucher Currency

Not been able to see an answer to this here, please point me in the right direction if I have missed it.

My question is if anyone knows how QR handle the voucher currency issue. I have received the voucher for my flights that were ex OSL and the voucher is in NOK. However, when I come to use it, I may want a flight out of Spain or Sweden or somewhere else, but as the voucher is specifically in NOK would there be a problem redeeming it for a ticket in € or SEK?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Atlantic 101 Apr 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Should not be a problem. They will just covert to whatever currency. I was in a similar position for an Ex ARN.

It's essentially the same as you booking a flight in NOK from the UK for example. It's just converted.

Hope this answers your question.

ft101 Apr 11, 2020 7:46 pm

That's odd. It was posted a few days ago that all vouchers appeared to be in QAR, but confirmed the website would convert as required. I wonder how some are in a "home" currency and others not?

wijibintheair Apr 12, 2020 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic 101 (Post 32285210)
Should not be a problem. They will just covert to whatever currency. I was in a similar position for an Ex ARN.

It's essentially the same as you booking a flight in NOK from the UK for example. It's just converted.

Hope this answers your question.

Great thank you!

wijibintheair Apr 12, 2020 3:08 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 32285710)
That's odd. It was posted a few days ago that all vouchers appeared to be in QAR, but confirmed the website would convert as required. I wonder how some are in a "home" currency and others not?

I hadn't seen that, but mine came through yesterday in NOK.

peter h Apr 12, 2020 5:53 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 32286170)

Same for me - I got the voucher overnight.

spec119 Apr 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by peter h (Post 32286391)
Same for me - I got the voucher overnight.

I've been waiting over 3 weeks for mine

peter h Apr 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by spec119 (Post 32287451)

It was proactively issued in my case.

It was a bit spooky though. My flights (OSL-SIN return) were for mid May but, with the QR voucher offer in mind, I was biding my time over claiming it. However, I thought I'd check yesterday and looked for the seat maps on ExpertFlyer and I saw that some of the flights were unavailable, so I went to look at the booking on the QR site. I saw that my booking was 'confirmed', but the flights weren't. I woke this morning to find the emails about the cancelled flights and the voucher!

One question though: I had a hotel in Doha booked on my return journey using the Discover Qatar programme - do I need to cancel that myself, or will it be done automatically?

ChrisBub Apr 13, 2020 3:43 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 32286170)

Indeed, a bit strange. I had paid in NOK for my tickets and voucher came through in QAR last week. Maybe they switched it recently? The QR representative here told me that vouchers would be issued in QAR and could be spent from any origin and the currency of the voucher would be converted. Anyway, at least the vouchers are coming through :)

babyg_wc Apr 13, 2020 4:40 am

My refund for ARN-MEL came automatically yesterday - it was automatic as my flights were cancelled by qatar. It it came in Swedish Krona and included the 10%, im in two minds of voucher vs cash, i like the fact i can book the same route in the future and i i will not be required to pay any fare difference - it mean i could fly at xmas for may prices, but cash is always king..

Atlantic 101 Apr 13, 2020 7:47 am

babyg_wc Just bear in mind that if it is within 3 months of the original date you wont pay extra, however if it is less than the voucher value you don't get to keep the difference thats left.

If its beyond 3 months of your original flight date i believe you will get the difference back if it's less.

I got in this situation last week, where i booked less than ideal flight times because it was cheaper. The plan was to use whats left towards another trip I was planning to take.

No big deal really, but i would have taken the better timed flights, which were more expensive, had i know what i know now.

Hope this helps.

spec119 Apr 13, 2020 9:51 am

Originally Posted by spec119 (Post 32287451)

I just noticed today my booking has changed from confirmed to not confirmed so hopefully voucher on the way

Julien O Apr 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by spec119 (Post 32289295)
I just noticed today my booking has changed from confirmed to not confirmed so hopefully voucher on the way

Mine changed from confirmed to not confirmed, then now cancelled and I m still waiting for my voucher.. And also raised the request 3w+ ago..

​​​​​​If no voucher tomorrow, will call them.

wijibintheair Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Julien O (Post 32289927)
Mine changed from confirmed to not confirmed, then now cancelled and I m still waiting for my voucher.. And also raised the request 3w+ ago..

​​​​​​If no voucher tomorrow, will call them.

Mine took a month to come through if that is any consolation!

spec119 Apr 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 32290008)
Mine took a month to come through if that is any consolation!

Thanks for that I now I can't really book anything at the moment but at least having the voucher gives something to look forward to