Can a voucher be split into 2-3 trips?

Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Can a voucher be split into 2-3 trips?

I have a $3,900 Q suite trip coming up that Ill have to cancel and get a voucher for, can I just use that voucher for one trip, or could I for example take 2 or 3 economy trips in one year to make up the $3,900? Im pretty sure the answer is I can only use it on one ticket but figured Id ask, thank you!
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Travis123
I have a $3,900 Q suite trip coming up that Ill have to cancel and get a voucher for, can I just use that voucher for one trip, or could I for example take 2 or 3 economy trips in one year to make up the $3,900? Im pretty sure the answer is I can only use it on one ticket but figured Id ask, thank you!
I'm pretty sure it's explained in one of the other threads, but if you call to book (online isn't supported just now anyway) and the value spent is less than the value on the voucher, another voucher can be raised for the balance. This allows you to do what you want.
Travis123, blackdog047 and tmac100 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:53 am

I'm pretty sure you are wrong

Here's the official line from Qatar, you will get another voucher with the residual balance if your new flights cost less than the voucher: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...oney-refunded-

Plenty of info in their FAQ here: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...Travel-Voucher
Travis123 and blackdog047 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:24 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Hi Travis123,

If your Travel Voucher has a residual value after purchasing your ticket, you can get the difference in another voucher good for future travel.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...-future-travel-
Travis123 and plunet like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone, I’m glad that I was mistaken! Appreciate everyone’s feedback,
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Hi Travis123,

If your Travel Voucher has a residual value after purchasing your ticket, you can get the difference in another voucher good for future travel.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...-future-travel-
Will that new voucher be valid for another 12 months, or will validity end as of the original voucher?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Will that new voucher be valid for another 12 months, or will validity end as of the original voucher?
Hello @FlyingScientist,

Should you receive a residual value Travel Voucher, this will be valid until the same date of the original voucher.

Last edited by goingplacestogether; Apr 5, 2020 at 6:34 am
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Hello @FlyingScientist,

Should you receive a residual value Travel Voucher, this will be valid until the same date of the original voucher.
This is really useful information for all your customersgoingplacestogether , can I suggest you get your web team to add it to the information on your website about the voucher terms.

It might also be useful to signpost that you can only book using the voucher offline at the moment but you expect to enable online booking at a later date.

Thanks for sharing this info with us here on FT, your input has been invaluable during this difficult period for all concerned.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:41 pm

Thanks for your feedback plunet , we appreciate your comments,.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.