Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19: Your Options to Refund/Rebook/Cancel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid-19: Your Options to Refund/Rebook/Cancel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:35 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flashware
That's a shame, even if wanting to book for October for example you would have liked to think that would be OK.
agreed. I proposed some options in July via Twitter DM, and actually received updated flights back, but they suggested I call to confirm. Still hoping I can make this change. I agree, later this year...especially October would seemingly be fine. Maybe I will call back and try again later.
flashware likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Got my voucher plus 10% this evening. All told took about 3 weeks.

I take the Perth flight twice a year anyway so I will get use out of it.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:45 pm

Seems like they've been banging quite a few of them out today.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The call center in India probably reopened
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:33 am

I also received my voucher(s) today. I spoke with them on Monday afternoon, so two days is not too bad.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Also got my voucher with + 10%. I do have a question though. It's given to me in QAR rather than the currency I paid in (NOK). How do they plan on making that work in terms of using the voucher to book? I assume I can still book with anywhere as origin and destination and I'm not limited to buying fares for sale only in QAR?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:06 am

I'm still waiting for my voucher. I sent my request in March 10th. I called last week about my request and I was told it can take up to 30 days to get my voucher.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Also got my voucher with + 10%. I do have a question though. It's given to me in QAR rather than the currency I paid in (NOK). How do they plan on making that work in terms of using the voucher to book? I assume I can still book with anywhere as origin and destination and I'm not limited to buying fares for sale only in QAR?
Good question and if you find out please post back! There's no instructions as to how they can be used, that I could see either - so may need to be call in to use as well.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:23 pm

I got my voucher plus 10%. I'm planning to rebook the flights I had to Bali, but I'm adding a stopover in Doha. Can I use the extra $800 on the voucher for a hotel? Anyone know?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Update from my side, seems like Amex travel got the money back from QR this week and redeposited on my account the full 4 tickets value minus 12 Euros service fees. So overall, it took a bit more than 2 weeks to get the money. Cannot complain, at least QR respects the rules here, unlike many other airlines (looking at you KLM).
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:49 am

After several attempts to query the dates that flights need to be taken by, with regards to the issue/expiry date of the voucher, I got this short reply from Qatar on Twitter:
"Hello xxxxxxxx, Once voucher will issue you need to use and make booking within it's validity. Hope it will give you a clear idea now."

This is still a bit unclear.
The question I had asked included a very specific scenario including travel booked within 12 months of the voucher being issued, but the flights to be completed within a few months after the expiry date of the voucher.
i.e. request a voucher in April; make a booking in December 2020 for flights in June 2021.
That short reply from Qatar sounds as if it is indicating that the flights need to be booked before the expiry date of the voucher, but doesn't say anything about the flights needing to be completed within 12 months of the voucher being issued.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:25 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi Chris,

Although the voucher is issued in QAR (Qatari Riyals), it can be converted to any other currency.
flashware and ChrisBub like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Hi Chris,

Although the voucher is issued in QAR (Qatari Riyals), it can be converted to any other currency.
How does one use it to make a booking? Is over the phone the only option? It does unfortunately leave us open to currency movements too so may end up devaluing.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Update from my side, seems like Amex travel got the money back from QR this week and redeposited on my account the full 4 tickets value minus 12 Euros service fees. So overall, it took a bit more than 2 weeks to get the money. Cannot complain, at least QR respects the rules here, unlike many other airlines (looking at you KLM).
I also just received an e-mail from AmEx (the credit card company) that AmEx Travel issued a credit for the tickets minus the booking fee.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:58 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by flashware
How does one use it to make a booking? Is over the phone the only option? It does unfortunately leave us open to currency movements too so may end up devaluing.
Currently, travel vouchers can only be redeemed at our offices or by contacting any of our call centers. Our teams are working to enable customers to redeem their vouchers online. This option will be available soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.