LHR-DOH availability on EXF?

Old Mar 17, 20, 2:03 am
Original Poster

LHR-DOH availability on EXF?

What is going on with availability on LHR/LGW – DOH as shown in expertflyer?

Starting March 18 and for the foreseeable future it shows zero availability In all classes

What’s even stranger is that the corresponding inbound flights from DOH are showing availability?
Old Mar 17, 20, 2:23 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I could be that the flights are just fully booked?
Old Mar 17, 20, 2:33 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Mel - Doh seems to be the same. Qatar manage booking Seat map showed 10 free in biz for one of those 0 availability flights.
Old Mar 17, 20, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by jfs5 View Post
What is going on with availability on LHR/LGW – DOH as shown in expertflyer?

Starting March 18 and for the foreseeable future it shows zero availability In all classes

What’s even stranger is that the corresponding inbound flights from DOH are showing availability?
QR10 is showing plenty of availability on 20th March so is QR4
Old Mar 17, 20, 3:04 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
IMHO they zeroed availability on (almost if not all) direct flights to DOH to avoid non-Qatari booking these without knowing they won’t be allowed to enter Qatar.
You will find non zeroed availability of you look for a flight with a connection in DOH, like LHR-DOH-BKK...
FinExplorer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 20, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
IMHO they zeroed availability on (almost if not all) direct flights to DOH to avoid non-Qatari booking these without knowing they won’t be allowed to enter Qatar.
You will find non zeroed availability of you look for a flight with a connection in DOH, like LHR-DOH-BKK...
Thanks makes perfect sense
Old Apr 25, 20, 4:39 pm

QR802 is zeroed through the whole year ahead. Could it be that route is cancelled at all?
We've got this leg booked next year Feb, in MMB still shows as "confirmed", but can't book any flight with DOH-KIX leg.
Old Apr 25, 20, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by oruvin View Post
QR802 is zeroed through the whole year ahead. Could it be that route is cancelled at all?
We've got this leg booked next year Feb, in MMB still shows as "confirmed", but can't book any flight with DOH-KIX leg.
It is way to early to make guesses.
But you can count on fewer flights in the coming year.
Old Apr 28, 20, 4:26 am

Apparently QR802 was cancelled. On MMB flight was changed to DOH-NRT (instead of DOH-KIX). I didn't get any email from Qatar though... Called them, and they said there is no option to reroute, although alternative routes are for sale (DOH-HKG-KIX, DOH-ICN-KIX), and according to CSR the options I've got - accept the change, ask for a refund or wait and see if QR802 might be reinstated later through the year. How come they can't offer alternative routing (via HKG or ICN) if they have it for sale?
Old Apr 28, 20, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by oruvin View Post
Apparently QR802 was cancelled. On MMB flight was changed to DOH-NRT (instead of DOH-KIX). I didn't get any email from Qatar though... Called them, and they said there is no option to reroute, although alternative routes are for sale (DOH-HKG-KIX, DOH-ICN-KIX), and according to CSR the options I've got - accept the change, ask for a refund or wait and see if QR802 might be reinstated later through the year. How come they can't offer alternative routing (via HKG or ICN) if they have it for sale?
Transit is banned at HKG. I doubt that they would offer you that option until the ban is lifted. And that would mean rerouting you on another airline.
In normal time, they might consider it. but today?
The options they offer you seem reasonable and it might be worth waiting for a few months.
Old Apr 28, 20, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
Transit is banned at HKG. I doubt that they would offer you that option until the ban is lifted. And that would mean rerouting you on another airline.
In normal time, they might consider it. but today?
The options they offer you seem reasonable and it might be worth waiting for a few months.
Yeah, I've heard about transit being banned, but I was wondering if they sell DOH-HKG-KIX tickets (next year February), why can't they offer this reroute?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: