Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will QR and LH allow a change of origin?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1, OZ Diamond
Will QR and LH allow a change of origin?

Has anyone had any luck getting QR to rebook to start an OSL trip from another origin?
I'm due to fly QR out of OSL on the 19th - LH have cancelled my flight into OSL and I'm thinking I might be able to convince both to rebook me via HEL, as it's within 500 miles.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by rfarlz
Has anyone had any luck getting QR to rebook to start an OSL trip from another origin?
I'm due to fly QR out of OSL on the 19th - LH have cancelled my flight into OSL and I'm thinking I might be able to convince both to rebook me via HEL, as it's within 500 miles.
Is this on one or two tickets?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:59 pm

I’m supposed to catch a return QR flight from SIN to OSL via DOH tonight. I was hoping that I could transit in order to catch my ba flight back to LHR but given the wording on the Norwegian gov site isn’t very explicit and looking at other users comments I’ve decided not to take the chance. I’ve booked another flight home.

Given this new restriction was within 3 days of departure. Do you think QR will still provide a partial refund or flight voucher. I’m not sure how to go about this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:14 pm

looking to get a voucher for the SIN-DOH-OSL segment. Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Is this on one or two tickets?
It's on two tickets.
The Lufthansa ticket should offer a bit of flexibility, as my Oslo flight was cancelled today.
It's QR I'm worried about, I've never had much luck with their call centres for anything remotely out of the box.
​​​
​​​​
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HP28
I’m supposed to catch a return QR flight from SIN to OSL via DOH tonight. I was hoping that I could transit in order to catch my ba flight back to LHR but given the wording on the Norwegian gov site isn’t very explicit and looking at other users comments I’ve decided not to take the chance. I’ve booked another flight home.

Given this new restriction was within 3 days of departure. Do you think QR will still provide a partial refund or flight voucher. I’m not sure how to go about this.
Welcome to the QR Forum rfarlz and HP28

You'll find information in this thread, relevant to your issues - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...june-30th.html

The QR rebooking policy is pretty generous, but where you have flights booked with another carrier, the issue isn't related to QR; so in the case of LH to OSL being cancelled, I think it might be a push to get QR to take responsibility.

msm2000uk
QR Forum Moderator
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
You can get a voucher valid for 100% of the fare paid for 12 months from QR.

You knew the risk of taking advantage of the cheap ex-OSL fares when you booked and it really isn’t QR’s problem that your positioning flight got cancelled. Sorry to be blunt, but those are the facts.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SKT-DK

You knew the risk of taking advantage of the cheap ex-OSL fares when you booked and it really isn’t QR’s problem that your positioning flight got cancelled. Sorry to be blunt, but those are the facts.
To be fair absolutely none of us anticipated the virus, let alone disruption it would cause. Yes, there is an element of risk booking flights with separate tickets but even on a bad day the cost of a new flight because your flight from DOH into OSL was late would have been the worst of it. These times are truly unprecedented.

OP's question is not unreasonable in the circumstances. I too share your pessimism of QR's helpfulness, but it's worth a try.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:52 am

It's not unlikely that QR will cancel your OSL flight. The Norwegian government don't recommend anyone to travel outside of the country and people coming inn need to quarantine for 14 days.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Norway to shut airports from Monday morning to stop coronavirus
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSO9N2B5002
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Norway to shut airports from Monday morning to stop coronavirus
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSO9N2B5002
Only a few small airports are closing down. OSL will stay open.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Aerospatiale
Only a few small airports are closing down. OSL will stay open.
My reading is that OSL remains open but will only accept returning Nordics. QR is still flying there
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Ex-OSL travellers might want to review this BA Forum thread as it is pertinent. However don't post QR only questions on there or the BA mods will intervene.

Norway quarantine effect on OSL Transfers?

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 15, 2020 at 1:24 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:09 am

I am in the same situation as the OP with a departure scheduled for tomorrow to OSL from LHR and return on March 25.

I spoke to QR and they told me that I can get a full refund or I can reroute to another airport within 500 miles max of OSL which I guess means ARN or HEL.

Otherwise I would have to pay the difference in fares between the original ticket and the new rerouted ticket which, in my case, since I am looking ideally to leave from London and flying Business would mean an additional £2000!

I chose to change my departure city to LHR but downgrade to Y for the outbound. I have left my return as is via OSL anticipating that QR will likely cancel that flight at which point they will drop the 500 mile requirement and route me straight back to London.

Last edited by jfs5; Mar 15, 2020 at 3:14 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK

I guess I should have factored an unprecedented global pandemic into my risk assessment when I booked 6 months ago. For me Oslo was a stop on a multi city trip and I had three days planned there, I think this was being very very safe at the time as opposed to doing a B2B or something similar.

Originally Posted by brunos
My reading is that OSL remains open but will only accept returning Nordics. QR is still flying there
That is my reading too - unfortunately QR seem pretty happy to be flying empty planes around and I don't like my odds of the flight being cancelled

Originally Posted by plunet
Ex-OSL travellers might want to review this BA Forum thread as it is pertinent. However don't post QR only questions on there or the BA mods will intervene.

Norway quarantine effect on OSL Transfers?
This thread was actually created as an off topic post I made in that thread, so off topic posts are definitely being moved!

Originally Posted by jfs5
I am in the same situation as the OP with a departure scheduled for tomorrow to OSL from LHR and return on March 25.

I spoke to QR and they told me that I can get a full refund or I can reroute to another airport within 500 miles max of OSL which I guess means ARN or HEL.

Otherwise I would have to pay the difference in fares between the original ticket and the new rerouted ticket which, in my case, since I am looking ideally to leave from London and flying Business would mean an additional £2000!

I chose to change my departure city to LHR but downgrade to Y for the outbound. I have left my return as is via OSL anticipating that QR will likely cancel that flight at which point they will drop the 500 mile requirement and route me straight back to London.
I'm about to get on the phone to QR (and then LH) to change my flights to go via ARN. It looks like their government is reluctant to introduce restrictions on movement, so hopefully this plan sticks!
Schwann and Aston100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.