Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19: Free Status Renewal / Extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid-19: Free Status Renewal / Extension

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:40 am

goingplacestogether Any plans on extending Qcredits?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Rebooting?

“Update in Progress”
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Based in VIE - Up until today, I got no offer to extend my gold membership beyond the deadline (June in my case).

(...)
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by RCAQ01
Based in VIE - Up until today, I got no offer to extend my gold membership beyond the deadline (June in my case).

(...)
Initially it said "only valid if you recieved email" but now they flag it on the openeing page. So maybe look in your "My offers" and it might be there?

kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
For further clarification on any Privilege Club offers you receive, including our latest tier extension communication, please do not hesitate to contact Membersvcs.

You can create a service request via the "contact center" tab on your dashboard.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...lege-Club.html

I have done this, but sadly the service center only updated my question to "Resolved" without giving me any answer!

So now I hope @goingplacestogether can give a straight answer - will the offer of extended tier also extend the qpoints (and qcredits and lounge-passes)?

If not, how can I cancel the offer?
kaffir76 likes this.

Last edited by intuition; Mar 15, 2020 at 2:13 pm
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by intuition
I have done this, but sadly the service center only updated my question to "Resolved" without giving me any answer!

So now I hope @goingplacestogether can give a straight answer - will the offer of extended tier also extend the qpoints (and qcredits and lounge-passes)?

If not, how can I cancel the offer?
Exactly! I don't think the Contact Center is trying very hard to help us.
And shouldn't it be the customer who should decide if the case has been resolved & not the Contact Center?
It must be awesome to have 100% hit rate of all RESOLVED cases then!

Looked in My Offers page after logging in - nope ...

Originally Posted by RCAQ01
(...)
Welcome to the un-loved & forgotten QR PC club
Askin001 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:19 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot relating to dashboard display. We are aware a number of our members are facing the same issue and apologize for this inconvenience.
Our IT department are currently working to rectify this as quickly as possible.

Please visit Qmiles.com in the meantime to view your membership details while we work to resolve our mobile app error.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Initially it said "only valid if you recieved email" but now they flag it on the openeing page. So maybe look in your "My offers" and it might be there?
Nope, nothing there.

I'm aware of the volume of requests and the situation, but: The way QR handles this certainly has some upside potential.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:40 am

Talking UPDATE

So I got a reply today in my Contact Center -

On 16.03.2020 we answered:Dear Mr. Kaffir76
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
We noticed that you have been already registered for the tier extension offer ( 2002XXXX ).
Do let us know if we can assist you any further.
Sincerely,
XXXX
Privilege Club Team
www.qmiles.com

Not sure who registered for the extension offer but it sure wasn't me! I didn't get the email so I wouldn't have known the link to click on to register
Anyway it's done - so let's wait & see when the new expiry date will be reflected in my acct.
I'm still not clear if the extension is for 6 or 3 months?

I've read reports that it's 6 if you have not re-qualified & 3 if you have ...
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:27 pm

I was also wondering why I didn't get the email. Thanks for sharing the screenshot, my status does expire 2 days too late on 2 February 2021 :-(.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

After at few back-and-forth with the contact center here is what I learned and my conclusions.
I've been told:
a) Tier extension affects tier benefits - nothing else
b) Expiration of Q-points does not change.

My conclusions are (YMMV):
a1) To me, this means benefits associated with the tier card are extended, not benefits like Q-credits, lounge passes and so on. Check your account carefully after being extended so you don't lose credits/miles/passes
a2) With the tier extension, your renewal date will also shift 3/6 months into the future. This has significance in b)

b) Q-points actually do not have an expiration per se but there are the 12/24 month rules evaluating your tier. I take the response to mean that these rules do not change.

If you are upgrading, q-points are evaluated daily and you are neither better nor worse off with extension.
If you are retaining a tier though, an extension can very possibly render you worse off.

If you are using the 12 month rule to renew: When/if your renewal date shifts 3/6 months all q-points earned in the first 3/6 months of your regular period will "expire". You will only benefit from tier extension if you earn more q-points in the extension period than you did in the first months of your current period.

If you are using the 24 month rule to renew: When/if your renewal date shifts 3/6 months all q-points earned in the first 3/6 months of your previous period will "expire". You will only benefit from tier extension if you earn more q-points in the extension period than you did in the first months of your last year period.

The closer you already are to renewal and the further away your renwal date is, the more risky it is to ask for extension. You need to do your homework before asking to join this offer!

The only slam dunk with the offer is for someone knowing they won't renew anyway but will enjoy a few more months of tier benefits.
kaffir76 likes this.

Last edited by intuition; Mar 18, 2020 at 7:39 am
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:14 pm

The only slam dunk with the offer is for someone knowing they won't renew anyway but will enjoy a few more months of tier benefits.
Also for someone who has re-qualified in the first three months after achieving status and will not fly enough to re-qualify if these miles are "lost".
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:27 pm

Lightbulb

After at few back-and-forth with the contact center here is what I learned and my conclusions.
I've been told:
a) Tier extension affects tier benefits - nothing else
b) Expiration of Q-points does not change.

My conclusions are (YMMV):
a1) To me, this means benefits associated with the tier card are extended, not benefits like Q-credits, lounge passes and so on. Check your account carefully after being extended so you don't lose credits/miles/passes
a2) With the tier extension, your renewal date will also shift 3/6 months into the future. This has significance in b)

b) Q-points actually do not have an expiration per se but there are the 12/24 month rules evaluating your tier. I take the response to mean that these rules do not change.

If you are upgrading, q-points are evaluated daily and you are neither better nor worse off with extension.
If you are retaining a tier though, an extension can very possibly render you worse off.

If you are using the 12 month rule to renew: When/if your renewal date shifts 3/6 months all q-points earned in the first 3/6 months of your regular period will "expire". You will only benefit from tier extension if you earn more q-points in the extension period than you did in the first months of your current period.

If you are using the 24 month rule to renew: When/if your renewal date shifts 3/6 months all q-points earned in the first 3/6 months of your previous period will "expire". You will only benefit from tier extension if you earn more q-points in the extension period than you did in the first months of your last year period.

The closer you already are to renewal and the further away your renwal date is, the more risky it is to ask for extension. You need to do your homework before asking to join this offer!

Thanks for the update - now is a "slam dunk" the same as a "grand slam"?
I assume both are good for the member, in terms of renewal & retention etc.

Anyway for my case specifically, if I get the 6 month extension I may not even re-qual if I have to cancel the upcoming trip in May
(1 J class r/t ticket each within ASIA + onward to Europe)
I will have to complete all my trips as booked until Sep. & only then will I retain PLAT.
That's about 5 trips / 8 flights all in J r/t except for 2 one way trips in PE/Y)

Originally Posted by ft101
Also for someone who has re-qualified in the first three months after achieving status and will not fly enough to re-qualify if these miles are "lost".
If a member did indeed re-qual in the 1st 3 months then he is indeed very valuable to QR PC, no?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:31 pm

Lightbulb

UPDATE :

On 17.03.2020 we answered:

Dear Mr. KAFFIR76,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
Due to the Tier reinstatement offer, your membership will be extended for 6 month from the tier expiry date.
We are glad to inform you that the changes will take place on the 01-Apr-20.

We appreciate your understanding and co-operation.

Sincerely,

Privilege Club Team
www.qmiles.com
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
If a member did indeed re-qual in the 1st 3 months then he is indeed very valuable to QR PC, no?
Not me, that's for sure! Yes, I requalified (for Gold) within 3 months but only due to one round trip on a triple points offer combined with some lessons learnt here on flyertalk. Large spend or excessive travelling did not come in to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.