Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
are the credit vouchers transferable or can they only be used by the person who was traveling????i'm going to end up canceling 9 business class del-dfw-del tickets for travel next month....i booked & paid for all tickets for my family....if the vouchers are restricted to each individual's name then i'm not sure they would all be able to use it within a year....
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:43 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Keyser
are the credit vouchers transferable or can they only be used by the person who was traveling????i'm going to end up canceling 9 business class del-dfw-del tickets for travel next month....i booked & paid for all tickets for my family....if the vouchers are restricted to each individual's name then i'm not sure they would all be able to use it within a year....
Hello @Keyser,

The Travel Voucher will be issued against the name of the passenger on the ticket and cannot be transferred to someone else.
More information regarding Travel Vouchers can be found on our website.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...ile_site=false
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:59 pm

My opinion is that these vouchers + 10% will be useless as airline prices go up, you will probably find the voucher's worth a lot less than the cash value, and who knows when this will all over?, If your flight gets cancelled then you are entitled to a full refund, take nothing less.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by lnt9000
.....take nothing less.
If traveling in the next 18 months, take more = +10%.
If prices do go up, the extra will help, especially If the follow is actually valid:
Originally Posted by Donegal
If you decide to rebook to your original travel destination, don’t worry about any difference in fare; we will try and book you with the same fare class.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lnt9000
My opinion is that these vouchers + 10% will be useless as airline prices go up, you will probably find the voucher's worth a lot less than the cash value, and who knows when this will all over?, If your flight gets cancelled then you are entitled to a full refund, take nothing less.
i agree....i got a fantastic deal when qatar had a sale in august last year....bought 9 del-dfw-del business class tickets for travel in may-june 2020....if i remember correctly the tickets were for around $1,900 each....now the cheapest rates i can find on same route is around $2,700....so even with the 10% extra voucher, i'll still end up spending another $5,400 extra to use all these tickets....
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Hello @Keyser,

The Travel Voucher will be issued against the name of the passenger on the ticket and cannot be transferred to someone else.
More information regarding Travel Vouchers can be found on our website.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...ile_site=false
And that's exactly the reason why for customers who paid trips with/for family members or friends the vouchers are close to useless.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lefly
And that's exactly the reason why for customers who paid trips with/for family members or friends the vouchers are close to useless.
so true....i spent $17k for my family & now i don't think they will be able to use the voucher before the 1 year period....i'm out a lot of money....
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:06 pm

so true....i spent $17k for my family & now i don't think they will be able to use the voucher before the 1 year period....i'm out a lot of money....
I'd be talking with my card issuer....
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:51 pm

Got so many flight voucher conditions lying around I can't find whether the QR voucher, that is valid for 12 months from issue, can be used to book any available flight or is restricted to flights being completed within the period of voucher validity.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I'd be talking with my card issuer....
qatar still hasn't cancelled the flight so i'm not sure what my card issuer can do....
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:12 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Got so many flight voucher conditions lying around I can't find whether the QR voucher, that is valid for 12 months from issue, can be used to book any available flight or is restricted to flights being completed within the period of voucher validity.
The Travel Voucher is valid for one year from the date of issue, this means that your future travel arrangements, booked using the voucher, should be made before the voucher expires.
https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...Travel-Voucher
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
...future travel arrangements, booked using the voucher, should be made before the voucher expires.
Meaning a booking using a valid voucher can be for travel beyond the voucher's expiry date?

Last edited by LukeO9; Apr 7, 2020 at 4:02 am
Old Apr 7, 2020, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Meaning a booking using a valid voucher can be for travel beyond the voucher's expiry date?
Yes, the wording on the voucher is very clear that your travel can be up to a year after the voucher expires, as long as you make the booking by the exiry date.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by geraldchan05
I am told that there will be two ways to utilise this voucher
1) Call service centre
2) Visit QR physical office

Booking via OTA nor Qatarairways.com will NOT work with the voucher
From the zendesk FAQ:

Can I redeem the travel voucher online?

Currently, travel vouchers can only be redeemed at our offices or by contacting any of our call centres. Our teams are working to enable customers to redeem their vouchers online. This option will be available soon.

Last edited by jkebk; Apr 8, 2020 at 5:36 am Reason: quoted message missing
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:40 am

I would contact QR support and tell them that you want a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.