Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2020, 6:42 am

Trying to change a PHL-ADE ticket to PHL-AKL within the same RBD for flight dates in 2020. AKL is within 2,500 miles of ADE and it’s a round trip ticket (onward in business and return in economy).

Just got told by two agents in Qatar that they will not allow that change as I am changing the destination country and that I will have to pay the fare difference! I thought the first agent didn’t know what they were talking about so I hung up and called again. Only to be told the exact same thing by the second agent. Can anyone help with what am I missing here and why the change is being denied?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cesc
Trying to change a PHL-ADE ticket to PHL-AKL within the same RBD for flight dates in 2020. AKL is within 2,500 miles of ADE and it’s a round trip ticket (onward in business and return in economy).

Just got told by two agents in Qatar that they will not allow that change as I am changing the destination country and that I will have to pay the fare difference! I thought the first agent didn’t know what they were talking about so I hung up and called again. Only to be told the exact same thing by the second agent. Can anyone help with what am I missing here and why the change is being denied?
When did you book the ticket? If it was within the last 15 days, you would need to wait until it has been 15 days after you booked the ticket.
Also, the new route should be in the same fare bucket. If you have booked the PHL-ADL routing in "R" fare bucket, the PHL-AKL routing should be in "R" fare bucket as well.
Plus, you must return to Philadelphia or your final destination by 31 December 2020, otherwise, a fare difference would apply when changing tickets.

I just wrote the most common issues above.
If the issues above are not your case, call again at a different time period so you could speak with another set of agents and if you have status in QRPC use the dedicated phone line or the WhatsApp line as you are directly connected to Doha rather than outsourced rest-of-world call centers.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you have booked the PHL-ADL routing in "R" fare bucket, the PHL-AKL routing should be in "R" fare bucket as well.
Is it really so that original inventory is required? I'm reading the QR guidelines and I understand them so that if R is not available, they'll rebook into next category without any extra charge.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 10:09 am

When did you book the ticket? If it was within the last 15 days, you would need to wait until it has been 15 days after you booked the ticket.
Also, the new route should be in the same fare bucket. If you have booked the PHL-ADL routing in "R" fare bucket, the PHL-AKL routing should be in "R" fare bucket as well.
Plus, you must return to Philadelphia or your final destination by 31 December 2020, otherwise, a fare difference would apply when changing tickets.

I just wrote the most common issues above.
If the issues above are not your case, call again at a different time period so you could speak with another set of agents and if you have status in QRPC use the dedicated phone line or the WhatsApp line as you are directly connected to Doha rather than outsourced rest-of-world call centers.
Ticket was booked over 3 weeks ago for travel dates all within 2020. I am keeping the travel dates and origin the same (PHL) but just wanting to change the destination from Adelaide to Auckland.

I do have status and called the platinum number. Both the agents that I spoke to were based in Doha and both stated that I will be charged the fare difference as I am changing the destination country. I was surprised and asked them to read their policy on the website. They said according to the policy they have they will have to collect the fare difference for voluntary changes to the destination country.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Ticket was booked over 3 weeks ago for travel dates all within 2020. I am keeping the travel dates and origin the same (PHL) but just wanting to change the destination from Adelaide to Auckland.

I do have status and called the platinum number. Both the agents that I spoke to were based in Doha and both stated that I will be charged the fare difference as I am changing the destination country. I was surprised and asked them to read their policy on the website. They said according to the policy they have they will have to collect the fare difference for voluntary changes to the destination country.
Unless there is something very special about your specific ticket then it seems that it's a case of politely thanking the agent for their time, confirm no changes to your ticket, putting the phone down, taking a deep breath and trying again (possibly later, possibly a different global call centre)
Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by ffay005
Is it really so that original inventory is required? I'm reading the QR guidelines and I understand them so that if R is not available, they'll rebook into next category without any extra charge.
They can only rebook you on a lower RBD class, not a higher one.
IIRC the lowest is R.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)

Try calling another call centre (in another country).
Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
My reading is that original inventory is required for voluntary changes. Involuntary changes allow booking into an alternative inventory in the same cabin.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

Originally Posted by anabolism
My reading is that original inventory is required for voluntary changes. Involuntary changes allow booking into an alternative inventory in the same cabin.
From the Qatar Airways website:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...onfidence.html

Rerouting for voluntary purposes (i.e. where there has been no flight disruption) is possible 14 (fourteen) days after making the booking. New flights must be booked in the same booking class (RBD), be operated by Qatar Airways via Doha only and can be changed within the same country of origin and/or within a 5,000 (five thousand) mile radius from the original destination booking. If the same booking class is not available, a fare and taxes difference may apply.
Unfortunately, a fare difference would apply if there is no availability in the same booking class.
However, I am not sure if both flights ( DOH-ADL and DOH-AKL ) have the same fare bucket available.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:56 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Anyone has the link of the PDF of the T&Cs? Have they been updated since the last available one in this thread (I believe that T&C was dated July 19, 2020).

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Anyone has the link of the PDF of the T&Cs? Have they been updated since the last available one in this thread (I believe that T&C was dated July 19, 2020).

Thanks
When I spoke to Amex Travel on Thursday this week they confirmed that the version of the book with confidence policy they were looking at as a travel agent is v1.7.6 dated 19 July 2020 - the link for which is in the wiki for this thread (top of page 1)
Old Aug 30, 2020, 6:36 pm

Looks like flying into BKK is pretty much out of the equation for 2020 at least for leisure travelers.
Wonder what they'll do with all those people that got funneled to BKK as the destination.

Hoping QR will extend the policy instead of issuing refunds tbh.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by 10000Ants
Looks like flying into BKK is pretty much out of the equation for 2020 at least for leisure travelers.
Wonder what they'll do with all those people that got funneled to BKK as the destination.

Hoping QR will extend the policy instead of issuing refunds tbh.
Me too... I shouldn’t have been sucked into this deal. I hope they let us go into 2021. I think there’s a chance thailand opens in the winter but it’s slim.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Me too... I shouldn’t have been sucked into this deal. I hope they let us go into 2021. I think there’s a chance thailand opens in the winter but it’s slim.
I hope it opens in January with notice of doing so by November. Currently booked for NZ/Australia on different airlines, but I'm thinking it is way less than 50/50 that borders will be open. Especially in New Zealand. Keeping my eye out for back up destinations and airlines. Since I love Thailand I'll be ok with another back to back to back to back trip in 3 years.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:00 am

Unfortunately, a fare difference would apply if there is no availability in the same booking class.
However, I am not sure if both flights ( DOH-ADL and DOH-AKL ) have the same fare bucket available.
Same fare bucket (R) is available for my travel dates. Both agents stated that a fare difference applies as I am changing the destination country. That is contrary to what the written policy T&Cs state.

As suggested I will try another time/call center. I have also simultaneously emailed [email protected] to get the reason for not allowing this change in writing. If they state the same over email then I will initiate a chargeback with my card issuer citing deceptive advertising. Good thing is their T&Cs for this policy are still up there on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.