Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Lawyergirl
Sadly, the rep in the states had no idea what the issue was. He did, nonetheless, mention that the voucher is simply a credit with Qatar and should not be limited in any shape of form. Anyways, they are currently looking into the matter and have promised to get back to me shortly.
Glad to see QR staff know what’s going on as usual.
Lawyergirl likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by 10000Ants
For clarification, you're saying that if you had a ticket A-B and have voluntarily changed to to A-C under the Book with Confidence, but are unable to fly (involuntary: due to travel restrictions) from A-C and request a refund (A-B is open and the route is flyable). QR is treating this as if you are requesting a refund on A-B which is voluntary and thus carries the refund penalties?
There are examples on here of people who have been charged penalties on refunds for involuntary cancellations later after making voluntary changes earlier.

However, a number of posters here also feel this can not be not correct so I withdraw my comments to avoid any confusion.

Good luck everyone
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
There are examples on here of people who have been charged penalties on refunds for involuntary cancellations later after making voluntary changes earlier.

However, a number of posters here also feel this can not be not correct so I withdraw my comments to avoid any confusion.

Good luck everyone
That was a complicated way of saying “I was wrong, disregard my post.”
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:35 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Sorry I'm a bit late on this whole discussion of the voluntary rerouting option offered, if done within 14 days of the initial booking.

If I book a ZRH-GYD-ZRH for $1400 and then call them 3 days later to change it to ZRH-MLE-ZRH, I don't need to pay anything? Ok maybe some change fees maybe?
It says that only if the same booking class is not available, then fare and taxes differences may apply.

Am I understanding this correctly? I mean worse comes to worse i can always cancel the initial booking and request a travel voucher +10% value right? and then book the ZRH-MLE-ZRH using that same voucher.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Sorry I'm a bit late on this whole discussion of the voluntary rerouting option offered, if done within 14 days of the initial booking.

If I book a ZRH-GYD-ZRH for $1400 and then call them 3 days later to change it to ZRH-MLE-ZRH, I don't need to pay anything? Ok maybe some change fees maybe?
It says that only if the same booking class is not available, then fare and taxes differences may apply.

Am I understanding this correctly? I mean worse comes to worse i can always cancel the initial booking and request a travel voucher +10% value right? and then book the ZRH-MLE-ZRH using that same voucher.
No, you can only do any voluntary changes after 14 days of the initial booking.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Hyatt
Originally Posted by realgaga
No, you can only do any voluntary changes after 14 days of the initial booking.
Not that isn’t correct. There is an exception if your new travel dates are within 14 days of the original booking date. Then you can change it right away.

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...1.7.6%20v2.pdf
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:16 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Thanks for the input there. Yes the new flight date would be within 14 days of the original booking date and I just saw the waiver for difference in fees as well.

Worse comes to worse I'll request the voucher option...
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anabolism
Just as a small point of clarification, it could be that the voucher is limited in applicability to itineraries with the same country of origin, not necessarily the same routing. It's been common for multiple airlines that when issuing a voucher for a cancelled itinerary, that the voucher can't be used for itineraries that originate in a different country.
Just as a DP, someone I know had a voucher from a one-way itinerary that originated from SA which meant it was in ZAR. However, they were able to use it on a round-trip itinerary originating from the US which meant the itinerary was priced in USD. The currency conversion was good as it was slightly higher than what XE and other sites mentioned.

I was surprised their website was able to take the voucher using the e-ticket #, convert the funds, then take the difference via credit card.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:28 pm

This has been heaven.

I started with PHL-DOH-KBP then IAH-DOH-SEZ then IAH-DOH-ZNZ and finally settled DFW-DOH-JRO

i wish I’d bought more of the $1500 tickets.

most beautiful promo ever
haroon145 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: A3*Gold, LATAM*Black
fingers crossed you'd be this lucky with border re openings and regulations around it too
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by coltonatx
This has been heaven.

I started with PHL-DOH-KBP then IAH-DOH-SEZ then IAH-DOH-ZNZ and finally settled DFW-DOH-JRO

i wish I’d bought more of the $1500 tickets.

most beautiful promo ever
Have you flown anywhere yet?
IAN-UK, Dan72 and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:32 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Thank you. Here's the response I got even though I cannot enter Doha due to travel restriction imposed by the government of Qatar.

"As your flight still confirmed, if you wish to refund the ticket, the cancellation fee of USD 245 will apply. Alternatively, you may contact us back one week before the departure time (to assist you based on the status of the flight/ entry restrictions), or we may exchange your ticket into non-transferable travel voucher with an additional 10% value (excluding taxes) valid for 2 years. Thank you."

They are charging the refund fee.
Update on my situation. Got an email from QR:

Dear Valued Customer,
Due to the passenger capacity limitation, we are sorry to inform you that we have cancelled your booking.

Note that the flight is not canceled at all. They just canceled my itinerary. I guess due to me not admissible to the country of my destination.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Update on my situation. Got an email from QR:

Dear Valued Customer,
Due to the passenger capacity limitation, we are sorry to inform you that we have cancelled your booking.

Note that the flight is not canceled at all. They just canceled my itinerary. I guess due to me not admissible to the country of my destination.
At least you can get a full cash refund now
Old Aug 29, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: CX D, AF P, AA EP, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Ti, IHG Plat
I currently have a return R fare from Asia to IAD within the month of December. I now need to change to depart in December 2020 and return in January 2021. Given my return would go beyond December 31, it seems my needed date change would not be covered under QR's free change policy. If QR extends their free change policy into 2021, would I have to find R inventory to make a free date change (not changing destination) or does the fare inventory restriction only come into play when the destination is changed?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by hew204
I currently have a return R fare from Asia to IAD within the month of December. I now need to change to depart in December 2020 and return in January 2021. Given my return would go beyond December 31, it seems my needed date change would not be covered under QR's free change policy. If QR extends their free change policy into 2021, would I have to find R inventory to make a free date change (not changing destination) or does the fare inventory restriction only come into play when the destination is changed?
The only place you will get the answer for that is if/when QR updates their policy.

But, what you might be able to do for now to minimize cost (maybe even 0 additional cost depending on your fare rules?) - change your outbound to Dec 2020, fly it, then make a change to the inbound into 2021.
hew204 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.