Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by winben

I would agree that this is a direct violation of what the written rules is in the T&C and on the website saying "any other destination we fly to within a 5,000 mile radius of your original destination."
Sorry, but I'm not sure that is entirely unambiguous. It would take a tortured mind to interpret it as, say, the critical distance being BKK-DOH-HKG rather than BKK-HKG, but there are plenty of QR agents without English as first language who are desperate not to break rules.

"...any other destination currently served by QR..." would be simpler and clearer.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
QR uses the TPM for the distance measurement... the GCM may be less in some cases but the TPM is key to use for the eligibility.

Amadeus info on TPM: https://servicehub.amadeus.com/c/por...f-an-itinerary
(see the detailled explanation bar to decode the result I post below)

Using the KBP-BKK and DEL-DPS example for some insight:

Code:
>fqmdeldps
FQM   DEL   DPS

>FQW  DC   TPM   MPM DC   GCM
DEL 3
DPS 3 ** ?????  4348 EH  3616
>                                                 PAGE  1/ 1

>fqmdeldohdps
FQM   DEL   DOH   DPS

CTY   DC   TPM   CUM   MPM DC LVL  <HGL  >LWL   25M XTRA   GCM
DEL 3
DOH 2 EH  1585  1585  1902 EH  0M   317     0  2377    0  1587
DPS 3 EH  4875  6460  4348 EH EXC     0  1025  5435    0  4876

>fqmkbpbkk
FQM   IEV   BKK

IEV 2
BKK 3 FE  4610  4610  5532 FE  0M   922     0  6915    0  4627

>fqmkbpdohbkk
FQM   IEV   DOH   BKK                                                           

IEV 2                                                                           
DOH 2 EH  2062  2062  2474 EH  0M   412     0  3092    0  2068                  
BKK 3 EH  3275  5337  7016 EH  0M  1679     0  8770    0  3283                  
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:05 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Hey guys - does anyone know if you're able to change the DEPATURE city under these rules (keeping the same destination)?

Thanks,
JK
Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by energydj
So Mrs DJ came back on Wednesday.

All good on the flight but one thing was noteworthy.

Wear long sleeves!! She noticed a bit of a rash on her arms and on juniors arms after getting off the flights.

It cleared up in about 24 hours but just go to show the strength of the material they are using when cleaning the aircraft.
That's interesting. I flew DFW>DOH>DAR>ZNZ over the past few days and on the last 2 legs they walked through the cabin before take-off and sprayed some sort of sanitizer in the air. I saw them coming and covered my drink, but I have no idea what chemical it was.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by JK
Hey guys - does anyone know if you're able to change the DEPATURE city under these rules (keeping the same destination)?

Thanks,
JK
Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
"You can change your origin to another city within the same country or any other destination we fly to within a 5,000 mile radius of your original destination."
Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
"Rerouting for voluntary purposes (i.e. where there has been no flight disruption) is possible 14 (fourteen) days after making the booking. New flights must be booked in the same booking class (RBD), be operated by Qatar Airways via Doha only and can be changed within the same country of origin and/or within a 5,000 (five thousand) mile radius from the original destination booking. If the same booking class is not available, a fare and taxes difference may apply."
Your welcome.
JK likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JK

Thanks,
JK
i would be interested in this too.

our cph/sin flights have been partly cancelled / changed so that we are now departing 7hrs 40 mins earlier on a different flight number from cph and now have over 8 hours in Doha instead of 2 , same on the return . Also no longer Q suites

can we change the departure city as we won’t be able to make the new flight times
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by MsEllie
That's interesting. I flew DFW>DOH>DAR>ZNZ over the past few days and on the last 2 legs they walked through the cabin before take-off and sprayed some sort of sanitizer in the air. I saw them coming and covered my drink, but I have no idea what chemical it was.
That's always been quite common to/from various destinations. It's an insecticide for mosquitoes and the like, most probably nothing do with coronavirus.
MsEllie likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith

our cph/sin flights have been partly cancelled / changed so that we are now departing 7hrs 40 mins earlier on a different flight number from cph and now have over 8 hours in Doha instead of 2 , same on the return . Also no longer Q suites

can we change the departure city as we won’t be able to make the new flight times
Based on the Book with Confidence policy, only to another city within Denmark...
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:57 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
I just spent 59 minutes on the phone in the queue, to have a 3 minute conversation with a helpful agent. Was not allowed to change departure city without paying fare difference. Furthermore, my booking is for next year, so does not currently fall within the Book With Confidence policy rule set.

Just thought I'd add that for anecdotal evidence for others.

Thanks for the help above!
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC, Skywards
Another data point....on hold to UK Service Centre for about 80mins before answer. I asked to change LHR-(India)-LHR to LHR-(SE Asia)-LHR for flights this year. Was initially told they weren't allowed to reroute from India. I said I couldn't see that restriction in the policy. The agent went to ask a colleague and then agreed to make the change and said she had to look from a different Indian city to get the mileage check (<5000) to work. Initially said a fare difference would apply and I again said I couldn't see that in the policy. Turns out that the agent couldn't find my fare class so that was causing the fare change. We played around with dates and found ones that worked in the right fare class and e-ticket was issued immediately for new dates and destination. I rang prepared with a list of dates and flights that I had checked the fare class availability already and that definitely helped. All told the change itself took less than 10 mins.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by simonsmith

Originally Posted by absoluy
Based on the Book with Confidence policy, only to another city within Denmark...
Under the schedule change policy you should be able to change to depart from another airport served by QR within 500 miles of CPH.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by munchthepow
Another data point....on hold to UK Service Centre for about 80mins before answer. I asked to change LHR-(India)-LHR to LHR-(SE Asia)-LHR for flights this year. Was initially told they weren't allowed to reroute from India. I said I couldn't see that restriction in the policy. The agent went to ask a colleague and then agreed to make the change and said she had to look from a different Indian city to get the mileage check (<5000) to work. Initially said a fare difference would apply and I again said I couldn't see that in the policy. Turns out that the agent couldn't find my fare class so that was causing the fare change. We played around with dates and found ones that worked in the right fare class and e-ticket was issued immediately for new dates and destination. I rang prepared with a list of dates and flights that I had checked the fare class availability already and that definitely helped. All told the change itself took less than 10 mins.
Which city did she use? I am in the same situation. I want to rebook from DEL to DPS.

Last edited by abielewi; Jul 24, 2020 at 11:13 am
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
QR uses the TPM for the distance measurement... the GCM may be less in some cases but the TPM is key to use for the eligibility.

Amadeus info on TPM: https://servicehub.amadeus.com/c/por...f-an-itinerary
(see the detailled explanation bar to decode the result I post below)

Using the KBP-BKK and DEL-DPS example for some insight:

Code:
>fqmdeldps
FQM DEL DPS

>FQW DC TPM MPM DC GCM
DEL 3
DPS 3 ** ????? 4348 EH 3616
> PAGE 1/ 1

>fqmdeldohdps
FQM DEL DOH DPS

CTY DC TPM CUM MPM DC LVL <HGL >LWL 25M XTRA GCM
DEL 3
DOH 2 EH 1585 1585 1902 EH 0M 317 0 2377 0 1587
DPS 3 EH 4875 6460 4348 EH EXC 0 1025 5435 0 4876
> PAGE 1/ 1

>fqmkbpbkk
FQM IEV BKK

IEV 2
BKK 3 FE 4610 4610 5532 FE 0M 922 0 6915 0 4627
> PAGE 1/ 1

>fqmkbpdohbkk
FQM IEV DOH BKK

IEV 2
DOH 2 EH 2062 2062 2474 EH 0M 412 0 3092 0 2068
BKK 3 EH 3275 5337 7016 EH 0M 1679 0 8770 0 3283
> PAGE 1/ 1
They're the same, or a few miles out, as the miles we mere mortals get from good old GCmap.com

I'd have been gob-smacked if QR agents didn't have some way of divining the distance between any two airports. Clearly they have a tool that can carry out that task, courtesy of Amadeus.

So I'm baffled at the difficulty agents face in implementing what is essentially a simple rule.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
So Im looking at my ticket and it seems my outbound is ticketed in R and the return in I. So if there are no "R" class available on the outbound I cant change right? Have the original PHL-KBP changed to LAX-BKK, want to change to LAX-MLE. Cannot find any R class using Expertflyer in August. Any advice?
IF R is available will they even change it since I see a lot of people are having problems with MLE?

Last edited by KL808; Jul 24, 2020 at 1:47 pm
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TI, HILTON GLD
Originally Posted by KL808
So Im looking at my ticket and it seems my outbound is ticketed in R and the return in I. So if there are no "R" class available on the outbound I cant change right? Have the original PHL-KBP changed to LAX-BKK, want to change to LAX-MLE. Cannot find any R class using Expertflyer in August. Any advice?
IF R is available will they even change it since I see a lot of people are having problems with MLE?
According to the policy, no, they will not ticket it if there is no R available on the outbound. In terms of MLE, it does fit the policy, and I and others have successfully gotten to change tickets to a MLE destination (I did have to find dates with R availability in both directions since my original ticket was R in both directions).
HOWEVER, I'd say no one can answer your question of "will they even change it" because so far, what the policy is and what the agents are willing to do and what agents claim is the policy vary wildly. So it's anyone's guess. But the answer to the question of "should they" is yes, if you find R on the outbound, I on the inbound. Good luck! I hope you find dates! In my experience, R availability comes and goes a lot, so it's always worth checking many dates, very often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.