Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version


Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Old May 16, 2020, 11:00 am
  #691  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Would still love to know what it is about BKK they keep wanting to shuttle people there for. Isnít Thailand taking a strict approach to COVID? What if they donít open?
Maybe they'll just end up cancelling that route in a week and we'll all be stuck with trips to Kiev.
NWplatinum likes this.
10000Ants is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 11:11 am
  #692  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: mileage plus
Posts: 22
just called london call center and was told i can't change a confirmed ticket
Kerry Kittles is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 11:22 am
  #693  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 294
OMG, it works!
I also booked JFK-KBP , but can change to LAX - DAD this morning, originally i want LAX-SGN but it is 5200 miles from KBP, DAD is right at 4800 miles LOL
Good luck folks, depend on the agent i guess.

Last edited by hondaman82; May 16, 2020 at 12:54 pm
hondaman82 is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 11:24 am
  #694  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 430
Originally Posted by Schwann
Had a OSL-DOH-SIN/SIN-DOH-GOT booking in November and just exchanged for OSL-DOH-LGK/KUL-DOH-GOT. Booked/changed via Amex Travel.

No idea if I will be able to go but worth a punt.
How did you get on with Amex Travel? was it straight forward and did they understand the request? Did they manage to change it immediately or was there some to & fro?
I presume this was on a phone call to the UK office?
Thanks.
Aston100 is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 11:44 am
  #695  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 882
This is getting ridiculous.

I was going to try to change my ticket dates from late Nov to mid Nov, but I donít anyone touching my ticket.

original ticket:
PHL-DOH-KBP

to

new ticket:
IAH-DOH-SEZ
coltonatx is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 11:56 am
  #696  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Laguna Beach CA
Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by hondaman82
OMG, it works!
I also booked JFK-KBP , but can to LAX - DAD this morning, originally i want LAX-SGN but it is 5200 miles from KBP, DAD is right at 4800 miles LOL
Good luck folks, depend on the agent i guess.
$30 and you fly Dad/Sgn....
dlflyer2 is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 12:00 pm
  #697  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,031
Originally Posted by Aston100
How did you get on with Amex Travel? was it straight forward and did they understand the request? Did they manage to change it immediately or was there some to & fro?
I presume this was on a phone call to the UK office?
Thanks.
Did it via the online chat. Done pretty much immediately.
Aston100 likes this.
Schwann is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 12:33 pm
  #698  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Cape Town
Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by SFO756FO
Fraud? Like PHL-KBP then change to LAX-BKK?
Not sure what he or QR is hinting to agents to mark as fraudulent. This might explain though why we are seeing some people request a change and then not have any luck then HUCA, but then that agent has flagged the booking and thus causing every time they call again to be told no as the new agent can see it has been marked as fraudulent...? Abuse is to be expected, but wouldn't really call it fraud.

Anyway with the amount of people going to Sydney in November on here, surely we could petition the Australian Gov for them to allow a special visa for flyertalk members as this is now a matter of national importance haha - think of the TAX hehe!
Flame3601 is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 12:40 pm
  #699  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Posts: 3,215
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Not sure what he or QR is hinting to agents to mark as fraudulent. This might explain though why we are seeing some people request a change and then not have any luck then HUCA, but then that agent has flagged the booking and thus causing every time they call again to be told no as the new agent can see it has been marked as fraudulent...? Abuse is to be expected, but wouldn't really call it fraud.

Anyway with the amount of people going to Sydney in November on here, surely we could petition the Australian Gov for them to allow a special visa for flyertalk members as this is now a matter of national importance haha - think of the TAX hehe!
Probably the SGN-PNH flight going to Auckland
NWplatinum is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 12:44 pm
  #700  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,077
DP: I was able to get my November JFK-KBP flight changed to JFK-BKK. Was also able to change the return date in the process.
I tried for HKT but the agent rejected it saying it was over 5000 miles but she could not tell me much the exact mileage (google says it is 4800 mi).
Booked my ticket directly with QR, put on A free 24hr hold yesterday and paid today $1657usd

What's the best program to credit mileage to?

Last edited by vivrant; May 16, 2020 at 1:07 pm
vivrant is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 1:21 pm
  #701  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Posts: 3,215
Have a PHL-KBP on hold. I already have a ticket LAX-BKK and wondering if itís worth to double dip? Can I get some opinions?
NWplatinum is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 1:35 pm
  #702  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 294
@NWplatinum , pls try and let us know LOL
hondaman82 is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 1:41 pm
  #703  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: LA/NY/CHI
Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,876
Originally Posted by Schwann
Had a OSL-DOH-SIN/SIN-DOH-GOT booking in November and just exchanged for OSL-DOH-LGK/KUL-DOH-GOT. Booked/changed via Amex Travel.

No idea if I will be able to go but worth a punt.
Originally Posted by Schwann
Did it via the online chat. Done pretty much immediately.
How were you able to get the chat function on Amex Travel? Couldn't seem to find it anywhere

I just got off the phone with a very nice agent, but after working on it for a while she said there's something in the system preventing her from making that change and she couldn't circumvent it.
She also referenced that their latest info is 500 miles radius, not 5000
jona970318 is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 1:42 pm
  #704  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,498
Originally Posted by Beer_gator
Has anyone found any remaining routes today? QR seem to have inflated their prices.
I wouldn't expect to find decent QR fares as long as frequent flyers are in a frenzy. If you check the competition instead, you might find prices at a fraction of what QR now charges, with comparable risk of loss.
MaxVO is offline  
Old May 16, 2020, 1:44 pm
  #705  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Posts: 3,215
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I wouldn't expect to find decent QR fares as long as frequent flyers are in a frenzy. If you check the competition instead, you might find prices at a fraction of what QR now charges, with comparable risk of loss.
Does this make my second ticket on hold more valuable? Highest bidder anyone? Or should I go for a second one. I just donít know where Iíd want to go.

I want to buy a second one and change it to Europe, but I would hate to have it turned into a voucher and giving QR free money if we donít end up traveling

Last edited by NWplatinum; May 16, 2020 at 2:04 pm
NWplatinum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.