Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 12:45 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by lavag
I was rebooked from R to D class for one of my legs. YMMV
me too.. originally R-R-R-R after the change D-D-R-R
Old May 16, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer, KrisFlyer, Bonvoy (ugh), Mileage Plan
I had some success yesterday booking IST-SIN and changing it to IST-SYD. Original fare was all in R and rebooked fare was in D (outbound) and I (inbound).

My auntie (who I purchased the original ticket for) had no love from the Turkish QR office staff but the Polish call center staff were pretty helpful, and only waited 2 minutes to get through too. He changed the fare to my requested dates and flight numbers no muss, no fuss!

After searching all pairs between IST and <5000 miles to SYD I found that IST-SIN was the cheapest at $2525 AUD (approx $1620 USD). Checking again today it looks like they have zeroed out the cheaper fare classes and am seeing a lot of routes with only tickets available in J/C, some in D. The same original IST-SIN ticket now costs $7260!

This gives me hope that the promotion will persist however, it's clear that QR have cottoned on and are intent on extracting more $ from us for the trouble...
Old May 16, 2020, 1:18 am

Just to clarify - if I make a new booking today, can I use this offer?
Old May 16, 2020, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by lavag
I was rebooked from R to D class for one of my legs. YMMV
Similar to me... I was rebooked from R to J class for one leg!
Old May 16, 2020, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have MXP to CMB booked in J. Will it be possible to change to LHR to CMB? If not for the outbound then perhaps for the inbound?

Also can Qatar make this change for me even if I booked through an online travel agent?

Thanks
Old May 16, 2020, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Adstring
I have MXP to CMB booked in J. Will it be possible to change to LHR to CMB? If not for the outbound then perhaps for the inbound?

Also can Qatar make this change for me even if I booked through an online travel agent?

Thanks
by my understanding only destination and not the origin can be changed.. also this is applicable only to tickets booked directly on QR website
Old May 16, 2020, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by sluneckov
by my understanding only destination and not the origin can be changed.. also this is applicable only to tickets booked directly on QR website
Origin can be changed within same country and also applies to agent bookings but you have to get them to make the change
NWplatinum likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Man, saw a 1500€ FRA-HKG flight last night that I wanted to change to SYD... now up to 5500€ this morning. Should have pulled the trigger. Can’t find any cheap flights ex FRA or MUC (or any airports in Western Europe for that matter) to Asia now. Oh well.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Ben21
Man, saw a 1500€ FRA-HKG flight last night that I wanted to change to SYD... now up to 5500€ this morning. Should have pulled the trigger. Can’t find any cheap flights ex FRA or MUC (or any airports in Western Europe for that matter) to Asia now. Oh well.
Dont feel too bad. I put a $600 J PNH-SGN on hold to change to go PNH-DOH-AKL which some bloggers had success doing. But didn’t pull the trigger because I was unsure how this would develop. Then today they said fifth freedom routes were not eligible, but they were yesterday.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
Origin can be changed within same country and also applies to agent bookings but you have to get them to make the change
you are right, I am just faster writing then thinking
Old May 16, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by victairinternational
Just to clarify - if I make a new booking today, can I use this offer?
Yes. It’s part of their new guarantee program for tickets purchased up until September 30 2020 with flying having to be completed by December 31 2020
Old May 16, 2020, 3:18 am

What is everyone using to calculate the distance? Just a simple Google search or an actual website? I’ve seen a couple of websites that give quite different figures to Google so I want to be absolutely sure I am well within the 5,000 miles.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Ben_W
What is everyone using to calculate the distance? Just a simple Google search or an actual website? I’ve seen a couple of websites that give quite different figures to Google so I want to be absolutely sure I am well within the 5,000 miles.
Great Circle Mapper
NWplatinum likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
Do you think they would change the return leg though so I can go CMB to LHR rather than CMB to MXP?
Old May 16, 2020, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Adstring
Do you think they would change the return leg though so I can go CMB to LHR rather than CMB to MXP?
Yes, that is exactly what I did. Doing SIN-LHR now rather than SIN-MXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.