Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
The EOC policy has ended. See the wiki for the new replacement policy.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:27 pm

Looks like the policy still stands for flights scheduled to depart prior to Oct 1st. had no problem calling in and refunding a ticket and having all fees waived yesterday.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by pstation
Looks like the policy still stands for flights scheduled to depart prior to Oct 1st. had no problem calling in and refunding a ticket and having all fees waived yesterday.
Your post is hard to understand. DId you call today to refund a flight departing before 1 October (over 2 weeks ago)?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
The EOC policy has ended. See the wiki for the new replacement policy.
Does that mean that there is not even one free (with fare difference) voluntary change?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I recently tried to change a flight booked in 05/21 under one of their more generous EOC policy's. (did change it once for free to nov22). Parts of the flight BER DOH BKK and return, where already changed and cxl and changed again multiple times by QR (email) without me touching the booking in between. Normally one would think the rules at times of booking would apply (they apply ALWAYS at the customers side of the contract...) But no, now I had two choices, confirm the new flight times (last change under 2h) or get a refund. I did not ask if it would be a full refund, as per original EOC, but even then, for that amount of money you could not book a new flight nowadays.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
Normally one would think the rules at times of booking would apply (they apply ALWAYS at the customers side of the contract...)
I suspect QR would say that all tickets have always been subject to the fare rules applicable to the fare bucket you booked in on the date you booked, but that they have also made some customer service gestures (eg. waving of penatlies) for changes made during certain date ranges. Those gestures have now all been wound down, as with most other airlines, and the ticketed fare rules apply.

It is a bit of a shock to the system to be back to the normal rules after 2+ years, but those rules were still always part of the ticket contract, QR just chose to waive some of them for a while.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I recently tried to change a flight booked in 05/21 under one of their more generous EOC policy's. (did change it once for free to nov22). Parts of the flight BER DOH BKK and return, where already changed and cxl and changed again multiple times by QR (email) without me touching the booking in between. Normally one would think the rules at times of booking would apply (they apply ALWAYS at the customers side of the contract...) But no, now I had two choices, confirm the new flight times (last change under 2h) or get a refund. I did not ask if it would be a full refund, as per original EOC, but even then, for that amount of money you could not book a new flight nowadays.
You might try calling again, and/or calling QR's offices in a different country. You might get a more favorable answer, given the schedule changes that were made.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:49 am

I just got the "qsuite changed - 1 comp flight change" email for my doh-BER flight, the flight is bkk-doh-ber, does that mean i can change the WHOLE bkk>ber flight or only the doh-ber part of it?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
I just got the "qsuite changed - 1 comp flight change" email for my doh-BER flight, the flight is bkk-doh-ber, does that mean i can change the WHOLE bkk>ber flight or only the doh-ber part of it?
whole itinerary as much as you want. Depends on the agents.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:00 am

Thank you fridgy and everyone here: The agent first said they might only be changing my flight to another qsuite flight but will ask her supervisor. She got the OK and I could basically change everything, but was only interested in another date for my return flight. Surprised it was relatively easy, especially since the return is during the FIFA WC. But I also checked flight availability in my booking class beforehand (expertflyer) and gave her some options.
Compared to my and others sometimes not sooo perfect ground experiences with QR, this was perfect!
fridgy likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:29 am

anyone fighting with QR on refund based on Covid policy? - I booked DOH-MNL return ticket, i flew the first half and wanted to refund the rest of the ticket, the agent calculated and confirmed exactly the half of the price on the phone, but I just recieved a refund of a few dollars (based on fare rules)... Any ideas what is happening and how to solve this?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by fridgy
anyone fighting with QR on refund based on Covid policy? - I booked DOH-MNL return ticket, i flew the first half and wanted to refund the rest of the ticket, the agent calculated and confirmed exactly the half of the price on the phone, but I just recieved a refund of a few dollars (based on fare rules)... Any ideas what is happening and how to solve this?
When was the return date, before or after 30 Sep?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
When was the return date, before or after 30 Sep?
on 27th of Sep and i requested a refund on 23rd of september. Everything was confirmed on the phone with the agent... I tried to call QR and they "filed a complaint" but I am kinda worried whats gonna happen... So if anyone has similar experience, id love to know the outcome.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by fridgy
on 27th of Sep and i requested a refund on 23rd of september. Everything was confirmed on the phone with the agent... I tried to call QR and they "filed a complaint" but I am kinda worried whats gonna happen... So if anyone has similar experience, id love to know the outcome.
Without all the detail it seems like you probably should be covered by the covid policy then, but I had a bit of pushback on something that particular week too that was subsequently resolved.

It's worth querying, and if there is a copy of the pre 30 Sep rules floating quoting that.
nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.