Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 22, 8:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: realgaga
Wiki Link
Travel With Confidence Policy replaced by new 'Extending Our Commitment' policy as of Oct 1st 2020.

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Latest update - Effective From April 12th 2022 (V6.5.1): Web Version PDF Version

Tracked Changes

Guidelines For Refund To Original Form Of Payment
  • Updated the refund conditions

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually. Refund requests can be sent using the cancellation form.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • Changes have to be made at least 3 hours before departure time, otherwise you will be counted as no-show.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga

Print Wikipost

Old May 19, 22, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I just dealt with this last nite. Cancelled DOH-JFK, and rebooked onto AA metal. Called QR reservations, asked them to take me off of AA DOH-JFK and put me on QR DOH-DFW. No issues, call lasted four minutes. (PAID Business).

I also noticed that my BOS-DOH went non Q suite but haven't had time to deal with that one yet...

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer View Post
I'm booked on QR flights JFK-DOH-ATH and return in September and just got hit with the QR703 cancellation. QR has substituted 703 with a booking on the AA DOH-JFK flight. I definitely do not want to fly AA after paying for QR metal. There are also alternative QR flights with better connections and better timings.

Does the Book With Confidence policy allow me to switch to other QR flights at no added cost because of the change to AA metal? I'm not looking to change the dates or destinations.
Old May 25, 22, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy View Post
Originally Posted by lento View Post
Well it was based on personal experience (fact ?). I changed Economy (O) to Economy (O), just date change and had to pay increased fare.
you shouldnt have. Same RBD to same RBD is without fare difference, IF the flight date is until 30th of september.

edit:// i changed my ticket at least 5 times this month, always voluntarily same booking class to same booking class. The new fare would cost me around 1000 euro more, but the agents always did it free of charge due to same booking class available.
I was able to change my booking under the Extending our Commitment policy. The same fare codes (RBD) were available, but the price for new bookings would have been much higher. No charge, no hassle.
fridgy likes this.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; May 25, 22 at 3:59 pm
Old May 31, 22, 12:23 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
I had a pleasant surprise from QR today. In March I had booked my family for SFO-MAA on Y and paid for an upgrade for all 3 of us to J. I had to cancel 2 of the tickets and of course got my refund on the airfares for both tickets as part of the Book with Confidence. I thought I had lost the almost $3k i spent on both upgrades since QR site mentioned that upgrade charges won't be refunded. Today I saw a credit back on my cc statement for both the upgrade charges on the 2 cancelled tickets.

Thank you QR! Just the amazing flexibility offered by them during these difficult times is enough for me to make them my primary choice of carrier.
fridgy likes this.
Old May 31, 22, 4:54 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by kaushik123 View Post
QR site mentioned that upgrade charges won't be refunded.
How on earth not ?
Old May 31, 22, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LukeO9 View Post
How on earth not ?
Discounted cash upgrades that are offered shortly before the departure date were always non-refundable.
Most airlines also don't refund this fee in case of a voluntary change/cancellation and as the OP mentioned, it's clearly stated that this fee is non-refundable at the time of purchasing the upgrade.
Old Jun 5, 22, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), HH Gold
Asking for a friend;

Does anyone have any data points if the travel by date of: 30 Sep 2022 under the ‘extending our commitment’ policy supersedes the 2 year ticket validity?

just trying to avoid a case of denied boarding at check in.

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 22, 9:52 pm

Programs: OZ & A3 Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriot & Accor Plat
Exclamation

Be careful: under the pre-April 12th policy they used to refund you the unutilized portion of your ticket if you had flown the outbound.

Now post-April 12th they seem to re-price the outbound first as a one-way ticket in calculating the refund for the inbound if you cancel your trip.

So refunds for partially used tickets will be significantly less!
JohnAx likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bobdh13 View Post
Be careful: under the pre-April 12th policy they used to refund you the unutilized portion of your ticket if you had flown the outbound.

Now post-April 12th they seem to re-price the outbound first as a one-way ticket in calculating the refund for the inbound if you cancel your trip.

So refunds for partially used tickets will be significantly less!
Did you have direct experience of this or did you read this part:

For all other scenarios, incl. voluntary refunds: o Unutilized refundable value shall be calculated by deducting the fare used for portion of journey travelled
Personally I read that as still being the old way..
Old Jul 14, 22, 4:51 am

I just canceled my return flight a couple weeks ago and I got the full refund! No whatsoever new fare calculation?
florin likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
Did you have direct experience of this or did you read this part:

Personally I read that as still being the old way..
Direct experience - just had a refund of cancelling the return flight from HKG-DOH-FRA-BLL/AMS-DOH-HKG which came back massively below expectations despite both being in the Business (P) class and when i booked it was roughly half the cost.... when i called QR in Hong Kong they said it was because they looked up the price of a one-way from HKG-BLL and deducted that from the refund and this was a new policy starting April 12th... the lady was pretty knowledgeable too..

Maybe linked to this wording in their policy:

"For all other scenarios, incl. voluntary refunds:
o Unutilized refundable value shall be calculated by deducting the fare used for portion of journey travelled"
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Personally I think they've interpreted it wrong. That could quite easily also mean they take the OUTBOUND fare used away from the inbound as you would have expected. So if the outbound cost $500 and the inbound $750 you get the $750 back.
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
Personally I think they've interpreted it wrong. That could quite easily also mean they take the OUTBOUND fare used away from the inbound as you would have expected. So if the outbound cost $500 and the inbound $750 you get the $750 back.
Yea i submitted a complaint to QR as I paid ~1800 EUR for the ticket (J class there and back) and when I booked it was roughly the same price each way. Only got a refund of 530 EUR...
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, OW Sapphire,Aeroplan Silver, VS Silver, ITA Gold
wow, i wanna take advantage of this policy for my next ticket.. would appreciate more updates on this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy View Post
wow, i wanna take advantage of this policy for my next ticket.. would appreciate more updates on this.
Will keep all informed (Y)

Search this Thread