Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes you could change your origin for free within the same country.
There would be no change fees and no fare difference would be collected as your situation is involuntary.
For involuntary changes would you be able to utilise the ability to change embarkation within 500miles and simultaneously re-route to a new destination that’s more than 500miles from the disembarkation point? I.e. want to switch the destination to somewhere else and happy to pay the fare difference as it’s more than 500miles away from current disembarkation point (so wouldn’t be free of charge under the current policy) but it would be good since there is an involuntary change to start the journey from a more convenient airport that is within 500miles of the current embarkation point? Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlySimple
For involuntary changes would you be able to utilise the ability to change embarkation within 500miles and simultaneously re-route to a new destination that’s more than 500miles from the disembarkation point? I.e. want to switch the destination to somewhere else and happy to pay the fare difference as it’s more than 500miles away from current disembarkation point (so wouldn’t be free of charge under the current policy) but it would be good since there is an involuntary change to start the journey from a more convenient airport that is within 500miles of the current embarkation point? Thanks
As you basically want to change a ticket A to B, from C/A to D, the rules of "If re-issuing onto an alternative origin and/or destination:" would apply.
Basically, there will be no change fee and you can apply the value of the old ticket to the new ticket.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by brunos
As you basically want to change a ticket A to B, from C/A to D, the rules of "If re-issuing onto an alternative origin and/or destination:" would apply.
Basically, there will be no change fee and you can apply the value of the old ticket to the new ticket.
Thanks - there is a considerable price difference between A and C so if the ability to utilise the 500miles change on involuntary scenarios is superseded due to also moving from B to D, then there’s not much point switching from A to C - it was more of a nice to have/hope. Thanks again!
SamirD likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by realgaga
For the first 3 points, have you read the document in the wiki of this thread?
I read the wiki and the pdf from QR, I browsed the thread for answers, but it's not 100% clear to me.
I understand no fare difference is charged for date changes in case of an involuntary situation (original flight cancelled on the date I booked, changed to a different flight number, the next day).
Does this indeed imply near unlimited flexibility, or is there some limit beyond which date changes are considered voluntary?

For the last point, no as new fare families have been introduced. The exception to this are partially used tickets.
Originally Posted by gumbleby
- I was booked in the old R, with double Qpoints and Qmiles ; can I keep those advantages? What if I change the routing?
My question was not entirely clear, let me restate :
  1. My booking enjoys an offer of Double Qpoints, subject to the condition "Booking Period: xx October 2020 to yy October 2020".
    My question then becomes "Will the original booking date be carried forward", or does QR update the booking date?

2. The thread QR unbundles business class with new R fares refers to a QR note that states "The old fare families apply to tickets issued on/before 8 November 2020"
    The question here is "Will the original ticketing date be carried forward", or does QR update it?
I fear I won't like the answer, but I'd like to be certain.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gumbleby
I read the wiki and the pdf from QR, I browsed the thread for answers, but it's not 100% clear to me.
I understand no fare difference is charged for date changes in case of an involuntary situation (original flight cancelled on the date I booked, changed to a different flight number, the next day).
Does this indeed imply near unlimited flexibility, or is there some limit beyond which date changes are considered voluntary?

My question was not entirely clear, let me restate :
  1. My booking enjoys an offer of Double Qpoints, subject to the condition "Booking Period: xx October 2020 to yy October 2020".
    My question then becomes "Will the original booking date be carried forward", or does QR update the booking date?

2. The thread QR unbundles business class with new R fares refers to a QR note that states "The old fare families apply to tickets issued on/before 8 November 2020"
    The question here is "Will the original ticketing date be carried forward", or does QR update it?
I fear I won't like the answer, but I'd like to be certain.
1. Your original booking date would be considered so you would get double Qpoints. However, you should still complete travel during the travel period of the promo.
I have first-hand experience from the x5 Qmiles promo. I changed my flight at a later date with the EoC policy ( voluntarily ) and still got the x5 Qmiles.

2. Yes, the original date would be considered; however, at outstations, there might be complications. Ask the check-in agent or a supervisor to check your original booking date if you have issues. Also due to the online glitch, you might be asked to pay for seats, however, a contact form to the customer support team requesting your desired seats should solve the issue.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
QR said I cannot select my seat without paying even though I’m OW emerald because that doesn’t apply to J fares it only applies to Y fares. Then the Twitter team sent me the rules and it looks like they are correct.
This should be something very new then.
If there are more experiences from other posters, I'll update the chart in the "R" fare thread.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This should be something very new then.
If there are more experiences from other posters, I'll update the chart in the "R" fare thread.
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/df6b1488-e331-4e88-9b9c-62f8232402d1[/img]
I don’t know how to post this policy that QR sent me on Twitter about the seats
SamirD likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/df6b1488-e331-4e88-9b9c-62f8232402d1[/img]
I don’t know how to post this policy that QR sent me on Twitter about the seats
If this is a DM, take a screenshot and use the upload ( landscape ) button, not the attachment button to upload the screenshot.
If this is a publicly available message, just copy the link of QR's response. Twitter posts are FT friendly and would integrate into the text.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:18 am

Hi all,

Writing this post just to confirm that my current thought process is correct.

Qatar informed me of flight cancellations for my trip in December 2021. On the MMB page, I am given the option to 'Request a Refund' or 'Acknowledge Changes', which will rebook me onto two new suggested flights (different Flight Number). This results in a 6hr delay on the outbound, and 12hrs on the inbound.

Since my plans aren't firmed up yet, I plan to wait a while before making this involuntary change and utilize the fare waiver. I am also fully aware that any changes to EoC will supersede and apply in the future.

My only concern is:

SK AAR shared in their post (#2383) that they were given 7 days to accept any changes. I did not receive such a notification via email/on MMB.

Given that my booking was made during the early days of TWC, I'd prefer not to call in too many times and invite additional scrutiny. Can I assume I still have until 3 hours (non-Australia) before my originally scheduled flight to make this involuntary change?

Thanks all!
Old May 27, 2021, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NWplatinum , I just did a dummy "R" fare booking with my QR Platinum membership and I am able to select seats for free.

The problems that come to mind would be that, have you associated any FFP other than your ASMP OWE membership into the booking ( for example logged into QRPC while browsing the booking, etc... )? If so, that might be the problem. If we are still talking about the PNH booking, be sure that you haven't entered any other FFP before AS joined oneworld or be sure that you haven't benefitted from the QRPC exclusive destination change policy within the same region/continent during October-December 2020.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 4:17 am

Maybe R fare seat selection is free for QRPC status holders (e.g. platinum) and not for other OW partner frequent flyer status holders including OWE.
NWplatinum and SamirD like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Hi all, I had a flight booked for may 29th, one leg has been cancelled by QR (involuntary situation).
As I m not sure yet at which date i d like to reschedule, or maybe ask for a refund later, is it ok if i wait and do nothing until I know/decide what to do with this ticket, even in a few months ?
SamirD likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Hi all, I had a flight booked for may 29th, one leg has been cancelled by QR (involuntary situation).
As I m not sure yet at which date i d like to reschedule, or maybe ask for a refund later, is it ok if i wait and do nothing until I know/decide what to do with this ticket, even in a few months ?
I would advise against going past the original travel date as the other flights in the booking might still be 'live', incurring you a no-show fee.
Old May 27, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm able to select seats for free on my newest R booking (new R, not old R) made in March. So not sure if that is because I had already selected seats for free so it's allowing me to change them for free or because my booking has Grandfathered rights. NWAPlatinum , is your booking recent or old?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone at QR thought it would be a good idea to start charging though... although at this point I'm beyond caring, I just want to at least have the vague hope of being able to go on any of these flights!
SamirD likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
I would advise against going past the original travel date as the other flights in the booking might still be 'live', incurring you a no-show fee.
I followed your advice and rebooked through the call center for mid August with a change of origin without any issue.
SamirD and realgaga like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.