Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by brunos
I agree with you and ISTFlyer makes outstanding contributions to this forum.

But I think that QR has changed a bit their approach and are much more explicit and clarified/simplified their message.
The website clearly states that if you purchase your ticket now:
1) you can change your date or destination within the same booking class with no fee, but paying the fare difference.
2) you can get full refund with no fee.

I don't see how they could renege on this simple pledge for tickets bought today. I am also fully confident that they won't. In any country, not only the UK, that would false advertising and illegal.

The EOC gives details and discuss some particular cases. For example, EOC discusses when the fare difference may be waived and how agents should do it.
While aspects of the EOC may change, I believe that the two principles outlined on the website are set in stone for tickets purchased now.
Exactly, QR will not attempt to retrospectively remove the refund guarantee because they know that were they to do so, they would not have a legal leg to stand on. I am happy booking flights up to the end of this year, confident that if I need to cancel any of them, I will get a full refund
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by supatight80
What about a Voluntary date change which was rebooked to a higher fare bucket (increase in fare price paid in cash), would this make my refund complicated?

I've probably changed the dates/destinations at least 7X since December, until I finally cancelled due to a temporary lockdown. But really prefer not to wait 3 months to get my refund. So hoping my ticket is not considered as a complicated one.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Probably that would be counted as complicated as each time the agents were manually waiving the change fee for you.
Glad to report it took 2 1/2 weeks to get my full refund back 😊

Thank goodness I am not one of those in QR support Twitter who have been waiting for months and months for their refund back.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just mulling a speculative booking for later this year. If we ignore the possibility of BWC changing, and I wanted to get a refund under the BWC policy, QR state:

• Non-refundable unutilized taxes (except YQ/YR charges) remain non-refundable
How do we know which taxes are refundable and which are not? This is a breakdown of the fare on ITA Matrix if that helps:

Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:53 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posting an update here as a data point for others in case it is helpful.

The HUCA philosophy (hang up, call again) is as useful as any tool when planning travel.

Anyway, I had a cancellation in my booking, I did not acknowledge changes, as I was waiting for a few things to play out. Finally I called today hopping to change both dates and my origin city within 500 miles. Seemingly my situation was a cancellation, but not leading to misconnect, so I wouldn't be eligible for free changes per EOC policy. However, the schedule change is > 2 hours, so based on QR's policy I should be eligible to make the above changes.

First call, the agent put me on hold several times, working on things including calculating the fare, and mentioned I was responsible for additional fare collect, "but no change fee!!". I politely thanked him, and hung up, re-read much of this thread, and then called back. This time stressing the schedule change should qualify me to make these changes. This time, the agent agreed, and within a few minutes had agreed, and make the change.

This booking is an old one I've been trying to fly for over a year. I did change routing from original plan back when Book with Confidence came out, but since then have been holding on it and hoping for the best. I'm very pleased I was able to make these changes, and very much hope I'm able to fly this trip later this year.

Thanks to the experts posting here for all the the good information and the help.
NWplatinum, plunet and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Evening all.

A quick question.

My Thai wife is returning back to Thailand from the UK in May. She is travelling to Doha then onto Bangkok. We have arranged an ASQ hotel on her arrival as well as the COE. I know she does not need a fit to fly certificate but will she need a Covid test 72 hours before she departs London. I've checked the Qatar website and it says she doesn't need one but I don't want to get to Heathrow only to find that's not the case.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by chelseastu
Evening all.

A quick question.

My Thai wife is returning back to Thailand from the UK in May. She is travelling to Doha then onto Bangkok. We have arranged an ASQ hotel on her arrival as well as the COE. I know she does not need a fit to fly certificate but will she need a Covid test 72 hours before she departs London. I've checked the Qatar website and it says she doesn't need one but I don't want to get to Heathrow only to find that's not the case.

Thanks in advance.
Qatar Airways itself doesn't require passengers to present a negative Covid-19 test to board.
However, Qatar Airways, as the airline transporting the passenger, will enforce entry requirements of the passenger's destination.

If the pax doesn't fulfill the entry requirements, then they will be not allowed to board and be counted as a no-show.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
Qatar Airways itself doesn't require passengers to present a negative Covid-19 test to board.
However, Qatar Airways, as the airline transporting the passenger, will enforce entry requirements of the passenger's destination.

If the pax doesn't fulfill the entry requirements, then they will be not allowed to board and be counted as a no-show.
Thanks. So as she does not need one when arriving in bangkok, she should be OK ?? I assume no issues transiting in Doha ?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by chelseastu
Thanks. So as she does not need one when arriving in bangkok, she should be OK ?? I assume no issues transiting in Doha ?
If Thailand doesn't require a COVID test from her, she wouldn't need a COVID test to board her QR flights.
Qatar does not require a negative COVID test for transfer passengers.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If Thailand doesn't require a COVID test from her, she wouldn't need a COVID test to board her QR flights.
Qatar does not require a negative COVID test for transfer passengers.
Thanks
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Hello everyone,

I am a question about my QR ticket. I have booked this ticket using the EMD voucher last September (2020) and changed it multiple times in between due to cancellations, my current flights are now sticking in June outbound and Aug inbound. Yesterday, I have received another cancellation for my inbound flight and I am thinking of pushing my ticket into early 2022 (Jan outbound and Feb inbound). Is this case possible? I have read multiple times regarding my ticket NVA on the e-ticket, and it is showing MAR2022 for my outbound flight and AUG2021 for the inbound one on my latest e-ticket, however, I still remember I saw somewhere else that the tickets are valid for one year from the date of purchase?
If anyone has any insights, feel free to share and all are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyingroundtheworld
Hello everyone,

I am a question about my QR ticket. I have booked this ticket using the EMD voucher last September (2020) and changed it multiple times in between due to cancellations, my current flights are now sticking in June outbound and Aug inbound. Yesterday, I have received another cancellation for my inbound flight and I am thinking of pushing my ticket into early 2022 (Jan outbound and Feb inbound). Is this case possible? I have read multiple times regarding my ticket NVA on the e-ticket, and it is showing MAR2022 for my outbound flight and AUG2021 for the inbound one on my latest e-ticket, however, I still remember I saw somewhere else that the tickets are valid for one year from the date of purchase?
If anyone has any insights, feel free to share and all are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
it’s my understanding from reading the policy you cannot go past re-booking 2021, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by BTA
Posting an update here as a data point for others in case it is helpful.

The HUCA philosophy (hang up, call again) is as useful as any tool when planning travel.

Anyway, I had a cancellation in my booking, I did not acknowledge changes, as I was waiting for a few things to play out. Finally I called today hopping to change both dates and my origin city within 500 miles. Seemingly my situation was a cancellation, but not leading to misconnect, so I wouldn't be eligible for free changes per EOC policy. However, the schedule change is > 2 hours, so based on QR's policy I should be eligible to make the above changes.

First call, the agent put me on hold several times, working on things including calculating the fare, and mentioned I was responsible for additional fare collect, "but no change fee!!". I politely thanked him, and hung up, re-read much of this thread, and then called back. This time stressing the schedule change should qualify me to make these changes. This time, the agent agreed, and within a few minutes had agreed, and make the change.

This booking is an old one I've been trying to fly for over a year. I did change routing from original plan back when Book with Confidence came out, but since then have been holding on it and hoping for the best. I'm very pleased I was able to make these changes, and very much hope I'm able to fly this trip later this year.

Thanks to the experts posting here for all the the good information and the help.

HUCA with them seems very hit or miss. I wish they’d just get their employees to learn the darn policy and be consistent.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:45 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
it’s my understanding from reading the policy you cannot go past re-booking 2021, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

HUCA with them seems very hit or miss. I wish they’d just get their employees to learn the darn policy and be consistent.
In my case, I apparently didn't read the fine print of the EOC policy requiring a misconnect to allow free changes. But thankfully Qatar's existing policy allowing changes with a 2 hour or more involuntary schedule change was enough to make this happen. Maybe luck of the draw with the agent, but being more sure in what I wanted, and why it was justified seemed to work. Good luck!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:10 pm

This is a head scratcher and thought I’d help the community with an update ... As some of you have known, I’ve been trying to get to Cambodia since I booked last year.

I told them since Cambodia is within 500 miles of BKK, and since the kingdom of Cambodia open to US citizens; and I could enter, could they please switch me to PNH? They said yes as a result of the current conditions. My ticket also says INVOL REROUTE AS PER CP1060.

Hope this helps someone.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by BTA
In my case, I apparently didn't read the fine print of the EOC policy requiring a misconnect to allow free changes. But thankfully Qatar's existing policy allowing changes with a 2 hour or more involuntary schedule change was enough to make this happen. Maybe luck of the draw with the agent, but being more sure in what I wanted, and why it was justified seemed to work. Good luck!
They seem to become more generous with changes especially lately, especially if you were affected by the destination country closed due to Covid and you didn’t take the voucher or a refund
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:23 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking to make a booking to Denpasar-Bali over the Christmas period, hoping things have calmed down by then. If I book now, any by the time it appears the current 5 day quarantine is still in place (which is a showstopper on a 12 days holiday) which options will I have? Return trip will ne after December 31st.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.