Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 22, 8:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: realgaga
Wiki Link
Travel With Confidence Policy replaced by new 'Extending Our Commitment' policy as of Oct 1st 2020.

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Latest update - Effective From April 12th 2022 (V6.5.1): Web Version PDF Version

Tracked Changes

Guidelines For Refund To Original Form Of Payment
  • Updated the refund conditions

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually. Refund requests can be sent using the cancellation form.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • Changes have to be made at least 3 hours before departure time, otherwise you will be counted as no-show.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 27, 21, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Tuvv View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I must have missed that in the "R fare" thread... it is a long thread though
You're welcome
Tuvv likes this.
Old Mar 28, 21, 12:11 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Im trying to change the dates on my flight SEA-BKK, which was originally PHL-Kiev.

I got someone in the India call center and theyre saying Im not entitled to change the dates without penalty. Is this correct? I dont think so.

Update: after being on hold, the agent said theyd be willing to make an exception and change my dates to April 16 return April 20.

But how can I legally enter Thailand since you have to quarantine for 14 days (soon to be 10) if I arrive on the 18th and leave the 20th?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Mar 28, 21 at 12:22 am
Old Mar 28, 21, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Im trying to change the dates on my flight SEA-BKK, which was originally PHL-Kiev.

I got someone in the India call center and theyre saying Im not entitled to change the dates without penalty. Is this correct? I dont think so.

Update: after being on hold, the agent said theyd be willing to make an exception and change my dates to April 16 return April 20.

But how can I legally enter Thailand since you have to quarantine for 14 days (soon to be 10) if I arrive on the 18th and leave the 20th?
If you could not make the dates that QR provided you, you would need to pay a fare difference to change it to your desired dates or take a refund.
It's not suggested to make maybe changes on bookings as you might lose your flexibility anytime which you actually did by changing your dates to April 16/20.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Mar 28, 21, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
If you could not make the dates that QR provided you, you would need to pay a fare difference to change it to your desired dates or take a refund.
It's not suggested to make maybe changes on bookings as you might lose your flexibility anytime which you actually did by changing your dates to April 16/20.
Yes they seem to really like to go over all the changes in the itinerary. In any event, what should I do now? Do I just request a refund after all of this?
Old Mar 28, 21, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes they seem to really like to go over all the changes in the itinerary. In any event, what should I do now? Do I just request a refund after all of this?
Just request a refund, yes.
Get your money back and book something when you are close to 100% sure of making that trip.
Old Mar 28, 21, 3:31 am

Just request a refund, yes.
Get your money back and book something when you are close to 100% sure of making that trip.
Well were never going to find trips to SE Asia on their J this cheap again. If I call them and tell them I cant make the quarantine requirements in Thailand that they booked me, isnt that an involuntary change?

Im willing to make the trip, but I dont have control over the Thai governments requirements.
Old Mar 28, 21, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well were never going to find trips to SE Asia on their J this cheap again. If I call them and tell them I cant make the quarantine requirements in Thailand that they booked me, isnt that an involuntary change?

Im willing to make the trip, but I dont have control over the Thai governments requirements.
Unfortunately, border closures do not count as an involuntary situation any more.

According to the current EOC policy, your options for a voluntary change is a full refund or a change by paying the fare difference.
Old Mar 28, 21, 3:42 am

Unfortunately, border closures do not count as an involuntary situation any more.

According to the current EOC policy, your options for a voluntary change is a full refund or a change by paying the fare difference.
Is this the official policy? Can I change to dates further out to where they lift quarantine requirements in Thailand so this winter perhaps? In the end was this all just a ruse for QR to raise a bunch of cash?

I want to get something straight: I thought we were allowed unlimited date changes on these itineraries in accordance with their travel with confidence policy. Why is amending the dates a problem?
Old Mar 28, 21, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this the official policy? Can I change to dates further out to where they lift quarantine requirements in Thailand so this winter perhaps? In the end was this all just a ruse for QR to raise a bunch of cash?

I want to get something straight: I thought we were allowed unlimited date changes on these itineraries in accordance with their travel with confidence policy. Why is amending the dates a problem?
Amending dates is free, no change fees apply; however, you are responsible for the fare difference when your case is voluntary.

You could find the most recent version of the official policy in the WIKI of this thread
Old Mar 28, 21, 4:47 am

Amending dates is free, no change fees apply; however, you are responsible for the fare difference when your case is voluntary.

You could find the most recent version of the official policy in the WIKI of this thread
Theres so many different versions. Since when is date changing voluntarily charged fare differences? Wasnt that the whole point and staple of the policy?
Old Mar 28, 21, 6:23 am

FWIW, QR on Twitter is saying Covid entry restrictions qualify as an involuntary change.

But as usual I dont know whose correct. Even though I cant enter Thailand now, the call center said its a voluntary change which doesnt seem fair or make sense to me. At this point it just seems people are making up rules as you go and it all depends if you get a good agent.

In any event she let me change the dates to winter due to me being unable to enter Thailand at this time, so well see what happens. Very strange since the India call center was so apprehensive in letting me change dates but the Qatari call center immediately changed, and wanted me to change the dates.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Mar 28, 21 at 7:11 am
Old Mar 28, 21, 8:38 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Theres so many different versions. Since when is date changing voluntarily charged fare differences? Wasnt that the whole point and staple of the policy?
QR stopped waiving fare differences for voluntary changes since V2.0.
Old Mar 28, 21, 8:43 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
FWIW, QR on Twitter is saying Covid entry restrictions qualify as an involuntary change.

But as usual I dont know whose correct. Even though I cant enter Thailand now, the call center said its a voluntary change which doesnt seem fair or make sense to me. At this point it just seems people are making up rules as you go and it all depends if you get a good agent.

In any event she let me change the dates to winter due to me being unable to enter Thailand at this time, so well see what happens. Very strange since the India call center was so apprehensive in letting me change dates but the Qatari call center immediately changed, and wanted me to change the dates.
Twitter is incorrect, the call centre agent is correct.
It is the passenger's responsibility to check that they fit the entry requirements of their destination, and the airline's responsibility is to only check that the passenger will be accepted into the destination.

Qatar Airways states
Remember to check your immigration and health requirements before you travel and ensure you carry the required travel documents.
If you are holding a non-Qatar Airways ticket for a connection afterwards, you will need to hold immigration approval to land at the final city in your itinerary that
is ticketed by Qatar Airways.
If the agent doesn't ask you to pay the fare difference, you're just lucky.
Old Mar 28, 21, 10:01 am

Curious what you told them that they finally allowed the change.
I tried to move my flight as well and the Qatari rep told me it was not allowed per the newest rules.
Old Mar 28, 21, 11:08 am

Well were never going to find trips to SE Asia on their J this cheap again.
I wouldn't be too sure of that.
JohnAx likes this.

Search this Thread