Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 22, 8:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: realgaga
Wiki Link
Travel With Confidence Policy replaced by new 'Extending Our Commitment' policy as of Oct 1st 2020.

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Latest update - Effective From April 12th 2022 (V6.5.1): Web Version PDF Version

Tracked Changes

Guidelines For Refund To Original Form Of Payment
  • Updated the refund conditions

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually. Refund requests can be sent using the cancellation form.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • Changes have to be made at least 3 hours before departure time, otherwise you will be counted as no-show.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 25, 21, 6:15 pm
  #2461  
HB7
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Posts: 1,728
Hey all, I was just wondering what your experiences were with regards to vouchers? My understanding is that they tell you it'll take 2 weeks - but has anyone received theirs earlier?

Thanks
HB7 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 6:45 pm
  #2462  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: LAX
Posts: 3,618
Confused. Does QR still offer both "I class" and "R class" booking?

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
The fare basis is taken in consideration for lounge access and seat selection.
Unless you have status, you wouldn't be offered free seat selection or lounge access.
When booking direct with QR will it be clear at the top level that I'm buying a ticket with I-class benefits, or do I have to learn the booking code? The correlation is easy with e.g. ITA Matrix, but I don't recall how easy it is on the Qatar site.
JohnAx is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 6:56 pm
  #2463  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,945
Originally Posted by JohnAx View Post
When booking direct with QR will it be clear at the top level that I'm buying a ticket with I-class benefits, or do I have to learn the booking code? The correlation is easy with e.g. ITA Matrix, but I don't recall how easy it is on the Qatar site.
On QR's website Classic = R (no lounge & seat selection at check-in), Comfort = I (complimentary seat selection & lounge access).
JohnAx and ISTFlyer like this.
mileageking is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 9:23 pm
  #2464  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 14,147
Originally Posted by JohnAx View Post
When booking direct with QR will it be clear at the top level that I'm buying a ticket with I-class benefits, or do I have to learn the booking code? The correlation is easy with e.g. ITA Matrix, but I don't recall how easy it is on the Qatar site.
QR website is crystal clear.

It potentially offers three Business fares: Classic, Comfort and Elite. Each list their benefits in terms of seat selection and lounge access. Sometimes the cheapest fare Classic is not offered.
Classic maps into R fare basis.
brunos is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 11:19 pm
  #2465  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
I'm still waiting, 28 working days has already passed.
They told me it may take up to 3 month (!!), but fortunately it was done much more earlier in my case.
Maybe it depends on the payment-channel used?
Traveller999 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 11:21 pm
  #2466  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by HB7 View Post
Hey all, I was just wondering what your experiences were with regards to vouchers? My understanding is that they tell you it'll take 2 weeks - but has anyone received theirs earlier?

Thanks
I did request an voucher refund for a partly used ticket, little bit more than 2 weeks ago and its still pending. I called QR yesterday and they did send a reminder to the "concerned" department .....
Traveller999 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 1:55 am
  #2467  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,733
If your ticket has something complicated in it which a refund specialist must view, it's normal that it takes longer for the refund to be issued. This might include an involuntary date change which you were rebooked in a higher fare bucket previously, this might involve the usage of the 10% valuable voucher, etc...
Traveller999 likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 3:09 am
  #2468  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 48
Does anyone know if per the latest policy where it refers to refunds for tickets issued between 22 Oct 2019 and 30th April 2021 if this also includes reissues? I have tickets booked prior to 22 Oct 2019 for travel in 2020, the flights were cancelled and tickets reissued (same itinerary) to Dec 2020 and then reissued again given the ongoing travel ban to Aug 2021 - which again looks unlikely - sigh. Ideally Id like to move them again to later in 2021 (i would have to pay considerably more if booking the same itinerary now and I do have material schedule changes I have not accepted) but there also seems to be reference to a 2year window from the original booking date which would be coming up, so not sure I would be able to move. Thanks!
FlySimple is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 3:56 am
  #2469  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CEB - primary/YVR -secondary
Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Posts: 2,144
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
If your ticket has something complicated in it which a refund specialist must view, it's normal that it takes longer for the refund to be issued. This might include an involuntary date change which you were rebooked in a higher fare bucket previously, this might involve the usage of the 10% valuable voucher, etc...
What about a Voluntary date change which was rebooked to a higher fare bucket (increase in fare price paid in cash), would this make my refund complicated?

I've probably changed the dates/destinations at least 7X since December, until I finally cancelled due to a temporary lockdown. But really prefer not to wait 3 months to get my refund. So hoping my ticket is not considered as a complicated one.
supatight80 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 8:48 am
  #2470  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,733
Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
What about a Voluntary date change which was rebooked to a higher fare bucket (increase in fare price paid in cash), would this make my refund complicated?

I've probably changed the dates/destinations at least 7X since December, until I finally cancelled due to a temporary lockdown. But really prefer not to wait 3 months to get my refund. So hoping my ticket is not considered as a complicated one.
Probably that would be counted as complicated as each time the agents were manually waiving the change fee for you.

Originally Posted by FlySimple View Post
Does anyone know if per the latest policy where it refers to refunds for tickets issued between 22 Oct 2019 and 30th April 2021 if this also includes reissues? I have tickets booked prior to 22 Oct 2019 for travel in 2020, the flights were cancelled and tickets reissued (same itinerary) to Dec 2020 and then reissued again given the ongoing travel ban to Aug 2021 - which again looks unlikely - sigh. Ideally Id like to move them again to later in 2021 (i would have to pay considerably more if booking the same itinerary now and I do have material schedule changes I have not accepted) but there also seems to be reference to a 2year window from the original booking date which would be coming up, so not sure I would be able to move. Thanks!
As your flights had an involuntary change and you haven't accepted it yet, you should already qualify for a refund at this time.
For the policy part, it's your original booking date that is considered so you wouldn't have the right to refund your ticket whenever you want.
FlySimple likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 4:36 pm
  #2471  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,431
Just as a quick datapoint, I was able to enter Al Marjoun lounge without any issues on an R-class classic fare, for a ticket originally bought before the r-class restriction announcement, but reissued to a different route still in r-class (involuntary schedule change book with confidence causing reroute) after the r-class restriction announcement.

This is even though during online checkin the website tried to upsell me access to the lounge for extra cost. I denied that offer, simply presented my boarding pass for entry. I have no one-world status.
NWplatinum and ISTFlyer like this.
nomiiiii is offline  
Old Mar 26, 21, 10:30 pm
  #2472  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,733
Originally Posted by nomiiiii View Post
Just as a quick datapoint, I was able to enter Al Marjoun lounge without any issues on an R-class classic fare, for a ticket originally bought before the r-class restriction announcement, but reissued to a different route still in r-class (involuntary schedule change book with confidence causing reroute) after the r-class restriction announcement.

This is even though during online checkin the website tried to upsell me access to the lounge for extra cost. I denied that offer, simply presented my boarding pass for entry. I have no one-world status.
Nice to hear an actual report of this as the online system is not able to catch the whole new policy and trying to upsell Al Mourjan Lounge access.
NWplatinum likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 27, 21, 1:30 am
  #2473  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: TLL
Programs: AY Platinum (OWE) TK Elite (*G)
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Nice to hear an actual report of this as the online system is not able to catch the whole new policy and trying to upsell Al Mourjan Lounge access.
Hopping in here with quick question, Im booked later this year on a R fare and hence should not be permitted in to AM lounge even if some reports say you might get lucky or there is some kind of goodwill or Venus and Mars line up with the sun and therefore OWE may enter on R fare
My question is, QR website offers me AM lounge for 81, is the price the same if I decide to buy then and there? I dont have very long layovers in either direction so Im not sure 81 is worth it but if there would be a delay, that 81 may not be that bad after all... but then again if the price is a lot higher if paying on the spot I would kick myself for not coughing up the 81 before hand Does anybody know if there is a price diffrence?
Tuvv is offline  
Old Mar 27, 21, 1:36 am
  #2474  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,733
Originally Posted by Tuvv View Post
Hopping in here with quick question, Im booked later this year on a R fare and hence should not be permitted in to AM lounge even if some reports say you might get lucky or there is some kind of goodwill or Venus and Mars line up with the sun and therefore OWE may enter on R fare
My question is, QR website offers me AM lounge for 81, is the price the same if I decide to buy then and there? I dont have very long layovers in either direction so Im not sure 81 is worth it but if there would be a delay, that 81 may not be that bad after all... but then again if the price is a lot higher if paying on the spot I would kick myself for not coughing up the 81 before hand Does anybody know if there is a price diffrence?
As reported in the dedicated "R" fare thread, there isn't any difference between the online pre-pay price and the walk-in price. It's USD96/QAR350 or foreign currency equivalent in both cases. Pre-paying online would give you no advantage other than saving 2-3 minutes at the lounge where the lounge agent processes your payment.

The goodwill gesture is still there and presumably would not disappear unless there is a high spike of demand for air travel.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 27, 21, 1:46 am
  #2475  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: TLL
Programs: AY Platinum (OWE) TK Elite (*G)
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
As reported in the dedicated "R" fare thread, there isn't any difference between the online pre-pay price and the walk-in price. It's USD96/QAR350 or foreign currency equivalent in both cases. Pre-paying online would give you no advantage other than saving 2-3 minutes at the lounge where the lounge agent processes your payment.

The goodwill gesture is still there and presumably would not disappear unless there is a high spike of demand for air travel.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I must have missed that in the "R fare" thread... it is a long thread though
Tuvv is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread