Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
To access the AMEX Centurion Lounge at JFK, you would need to clear security twice as QR operates from Terminal 8 and the AMEX Lounge is in Terminal 4. Plus you would need to allow an additional 15-20 minute travel time between the terminals ( each direction ).

Also, there is no PP Lounges in Terminal 8 except a restaurant that gives you $28 credit. Though, you would be able to access the AA Admirals Club ( or Flagship Lounge if it reopens ) in JFK with QR Business Classic boarding pass unless there are changes in the oneworld rules/regulations.

The pass to enter the Al Mourjan Lounge is $96 per passenger and valid for 6 hours.

That appears to contradict the official policy mentioned in this post (in the R fare topic):

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Sorry if my reply is late: we've been told that Business Classic definitely
Originally Posted by djsflynn
doesn't include Oneworld lounge access unless of course the passenger has loungeworthy status. That said, a QR spokesman did allow that Business Class access restrictions at Oneworld airlines will be "gradually implemented", perhaps meaning that this is being still being communicated?

Either way, according to QR's latest fare FAQ: "If booked in Business Classic, complimentary lounge access is not included at any airport. This includes third-party contracted lounges and other Oneworld member airline lounges. However, if the passenger is a QR Gold/Platinum or Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald, the tier benefits will continue to apply and access will be granted."
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That appears to contradict the official policy mentioned in this post (in the R fare topic):
American has no obligation to follow QR's own policy but they have to follow the oneworld policy according to their agreement with the alliance.
In the past, people who upgraded their QR ticket was able to access oneworld operated lounges ( not contract ones ) according to the oneworld policy via their travel class ( not QR policy that prohibits lounge access on upgraded tickets ); and since the introduction of Business Classic, the oneworld policy hasn't changed.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Does anyone know if QR will still allow travelers to change the trip origin as long as it's within the same country as they were doing before the end of September? Like, is it possible to change from Boston to Houston?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does anyone know if QR will still allow travelers to change the trip origin as long as it's within the same country as they were doing before the end of September? Like, is it possible to change from Boston to Houston?
Involuntary situations -> Yes, no fare difference collected if there is availability in the same cabin
Voluntary situations -> No ( even if there is availability in the same RBD fare bucket ), although you could pay the difference in fare and change the origin for free. If there is no fare difference, the change would be done for free.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Hyatt
Does it count as an involuntary change if the borders are closed?

I am considering booking an ex-Sin flight on Qatar. I am not a Singaporean citizen so I would not be able to renter Singapore if I leave. Can I book a return ticket and then claim involuntary change and switch destination for the inbound segment?
Old Nov 22, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turtle777
Does it count as an involuntary change if the borders are closed?

I am considering booking an ex-Sin flight on Qatar. I am not a Singaporean citizen so I would not be able to renter Singapore if I leave. Can I book a return ticket and then claim involuntary change and switch destination for the inbound segment?
Unfortunately no.

From the pdf in the WIKI
Amend Travel Route section

So even if it may count as an involuntary situation ( not sure about that ), you would be unable to change the origin.

Rerouting exclusively on QR operated flights where Doha ( DOH ) is the transit point or the origin and destination:
  • May change first and last point of the journey within the same country
Edit:

During a cancellation or significant schedule change, you would be able to change the origin within 500 miles according to the original QR policy that was also used before COVID. ( This is not related to the Book with Confidence policy )
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:55 pm

American has no obligation to follow QR's own policy but they have to follow the oneworld policy according to their agreement with the alliance.
In the past, people who upgraded their QR ticket was able to access oneworld operated lounges ( not contract ones ) according to the oneworld policy via their travel class ( not QR policy that prohibits lounge access on upgraded tickets ); and since the introduction of Business Classic, the oneworld policy hasn't changed.
This seems right. AA must still abide by the OW rules, so our "Classic" R Fares should still be eligible for AA. But for those of us that booked prior to the R policies were rolled out this month - it is my understanding that if you booked before you are still eligible for Al Mourjan in Doha; but if you change your ticket at all, you are no longer eligible for that or seat assignments which seems really messed up. Any additional data points on this? Anyone been successful switching their flights to 2021 and also having the agent allowing a seat change? I am in a party of 3 adults and we're gunning for those quad seats.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
This seems right. AA must still abide by the OW rules, so our "Classic" R Fares should still be eligible for AA. But for those of us that booked prior to the R policies were rolled out this month - it is my understanding that if you booked before you are still eligible for Al Mourjan in Doha; but if you change your ticket at all, you are no longer eligible for that or seat assignments which seems really messed up. Any additional data points on this? Anyone been successful switching their flights to 2021 and also having the agent allowing a seat change? I am in a party of 3 adults and we're gunning for those quad seats.
Not to start a class war, but the Q-suites are a limited commodity and I don't fault QR for doing what they can to dole them out to passengers in 'class' order. IMO full-fare passengers should be entitled to sit where they choose. In their youth QR had a slight rep of evicting pax from their assigned seats to seat some level of 'royalty'; keeping prime seats unassigned is a less intrusive way of managing that.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAx
Not to start a class war, but the Q-suites are a limited commodity and I don't fault QR for doing what they can to dole them out to passengers in 'class' order. IMO full-fare passengers should be entitled to sit where they choose. In their youth QR had a slight rep of evicting pax from their assigned seats to seat some level of 'royalty'; keeping prime seats unassigned is a less intrusive way of managing that.
I have no problem with that. I just think that you shouldn’t be able to change that retroactively for passengers that booked BEFORE the change - that’s what I take issue with.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
During a cancellation or significant schedule change, you would be able to change the origin within 500 miles according to the original QR policy that was also used before COVID. ( This is not related to the Book with Confidence policy )
In a series of cancellations, can you apply the 500 cumulatively? Or is it always against the original destination. I'm on my third change...
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
In a series of cancellations, can you apply the 500 cumulatively? Or is it always against the original destination. I'm on my third change...
That's an interesting question. The one thing I was worried about when moving my December flight to next year was that Qatar would undo the 5,000 mile change I had already made and revert it back to KBP. They allowed me to keep my final destination, however.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dan72
I have never tried it so I have no clue.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 4:02 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I was unable to change my origin within 500 miles even despite an involuntary change. Possibly bad agent. I get the sense it is very much YMMV.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
This has become a very long thread, and although I've been browsing it every day or so, I'm not 100% certain that I've kept up with all the recent tweaks to the Book with Confidence policy.

I have a return flight booking from London to Bangkok originally scheduled for early October and then changed to early December. It seems that QR regarded this as an involuntary change (presumably on the basis that Thailand wouldn't have let me in) as my 4 sectors changed from R/R/R/R to R/R/I/I.

Thailand still won't let me in, so I now need to change the dates again, this time to late March outbound, late April inbound. There is no availability in R for my preferred dates of travel, but I is still available for all possible flight options.

Am I correct that QR should rebook me entirely into I as the change counts as involuntary and there is no R availability for my dates?

And if I am re-booked into I, does it follow that I will have seat choice and lounge access as a result of this booking class (rather than status). Or will they categorise the fare as Classic, on the basis that the original flights were booked into R which is now Classic?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
This has become a very long thread, and although I've been browsing it every day or so, I'm not 100% certain that I've kept up with all the recent tweaks to the Book with Confidence policy.

I have a return flight booking from London to Bangkok originally scheduled for early October and then changed to early December. It seems that QR regarded this as an involuntary change (presumably on the basis that Thailand wouldn't have let me in) as my 4 sectors changed from R/R/R/R to R/R/I/I.

Thailand still won't let me in, so I now need to change the dates again, this time to late March outbound, late April inbound. There is no availability in R for my preferred dates of travel, but I is still available for all possible flight options.

Am I correct that QR should rebook me entirely into I as the change counts as involuntary and there is no R availability for my dates?

And if I am re-booked into I, does it follow that I will have seat choice and lounge access as a result of this booking class (rather than status). Or will they categorise the fare as Classic, on the basis that the original flights were booked into R which is now Classic?
Yes, as border closures are considered as an involuntary change, you would be booked on I fare class, if there is no availability on R fare class.

For your last paragraph, I have no information and there is almost no way to learn it unless somebody shares their experience here or you attempt to change your FFP number and try to change your assigned seats. I won't suggest doing the latter but if someone qualifies for the former category, they are welcome to report their experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.