Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 22, 8:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: realgaga
Wiki Link
Travel With Confidence Policy replaced by new 'Extending Our Commitment' policy as of Oct 1st 2020.

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Latest update - Effective From April 12th 2022 (V6.5.1): Web Version PDF Version

Tracked Changes

Guidelines For Refund To Original Form Of Payment
  • Updated the refund conditions

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually. Refund requests can be sent using the cancellation form.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • Changes have to be made at least 3 hours before departure time, otherwise you will be counted as no-show.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 22, 20, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Even if it's possible to change your FFP to another program after applying the QRPC policy, your miles would be got credited to QRPC and your QRPC number would show up on your boarding pass if you tag a QRPC number to a booking.

This is a known issue.
The only 100% getaway with this is to terminate your QRPC account after the change.
if you go back this has been debated on here. People have claimed you can sign up for their club, and then change to the program of your choice after youíve secured the itinerary you want. I have no first-hand experience with this, but apparently there are many people on here who feel that you can get away with signing up with QRís program, and then changing it later...
Old Oct 22, 20, 12:41 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
if you go back this has been debated on here. People have claimed you can sign up for their club, and then change to the program of your choice after youíve secured the itinerary you want. I have no first-hand experience with this, but apparently there are many people on here who feel that you can get away with signing up with QRís program, and then changing it later...
I like this answer better : ) But I just noticed that the fare difference is not significantly more than 10% more so could just get the voucher and rebook. Has anyone had any luck doing that in one transaction? Or do I need to wait for voucher?
Old Oct 22, 20, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Data point on changing to an open-jaw. As expected, despite R inventory being available and the change being allowed, the system reprices to the next fare class. My change from LAX-JRO to LAX-ZNZ, JRO-LAX, was ~$2,800 more. Considering my original ticket was $1,600 (JFK-KBP) I decided to keep my roundtrip intact. Glad I at least attempted the change though.
Old Oct 22, 20, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Unfortunately, when you enter a QRPC number into your booking, it sticks there forever unless the attached QRPC account is closed and not available anymore.
When entering another airline FFP number, QR is responsible to pay for those miles to the other airlines and this is why when someone benefits from a QRPC perk ( in this case: more flexible destination change ) the miles get automatically credited to QRPC.

By the way, QR is not the only one who does this.
TK does it when you use the free Wi-Fi for Miles&Smiles members, the US3 does it when you use the free checked bag perk of their respective credit card program, etc...
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 23, 20, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, QR PC Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hi all,
Forgive me if this has been covered already, but with the current policy, if one has a flight where thereís been and invol change, one can presumably change both their travel dates *and* their destination (either regionally or within 500 miles). Because this is an invol change, does the new itinerary have to be in the same original booking class? I know date changes for voluntary changes have to be in the same booking class, but the terms seem to be unclear about invol changes. Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 20, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by fender5787 View Post
Hi all,
Forgive me if this has been covered already, but with the current policy, if one has a flight where thereís been and invol change, one can presumably change both their travel dates *and* their destination (either regionally or within 500 miles). Because this is an invol change, does the new itinerary have to be in the same original booking class? I know date changes for voluntary changes have to be in the same booking class, but the terms seem to be unclear about invol changes. Thanks!
Voluntary cases -> Availability in the same booking class ( RBD )
Involuntary cases -> Availability in the same cabin of travel
fender5787 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 20, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Unfortunately, when you enter a QRPC number into your booking, it sticks there forever unless the attached QRPC account is closed and not available anymore.
When entering another airline FFP number, QR is responsible to pay for those miles to the other airlines and this is why when someone benefits from a QRPC perk ( in this case: more flexible destination change ) the miles get automatically credited to QRPC.

By the way, QR is not the only one who does this.
TK does it when you use the free Wi-Fi for Miles&Smiles members, the US3 does it when you use the free checked bag perk of their respective credit card program, etc...
But if you have your QRPC number closed and deleted it wonít leave the record?
Old Oct 25, 20, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But if you have your QRPC number closed and deleted it wonít leave the record?
If the QRPC account is deleted and not available anymore, obviously it won't be in the PNR.
How could a membership number that doesn't exist, still be attached in a booking? It can't.
Old Oct 27, 20, 9:51 am

Hello Everyone, I have a ticket booked from ORD to DEL for December 2020 with my 11 year old. Based on the current situation, looks like the flight will be cancelled due to the Indian air bubble rules.
My question is - If the flight is cancelled, Would I be able to change the tickets to next summer (after my 11 year old turns 12) without any applicable fare differences due to a child "becoming" an adult ?
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:45 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by lkmsdfo344e View Post
Hello Everyone, I have a ticket booked from ORD to DEL for December 2020 with my 11 year old. Based on the current situation, looks like the flight will be cancelled due to the Indian air bubble rules.
My question is - If the flight is cancelled, Would I be able to change the tickets to next summer (after my 11 year old turns 12) without any applicable fare differences due to a child "becoming" an adult ?
Taken from QR's website
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 27, 20, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
Taken from QR's website
Thanks for the response, still a bit confused :-). I wonder, how this will impact me as my kid will turn 12 before "commencement" of travel.
Old Oct 27, 20, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkmsdfo344e View Post
Thanks for the response, still a bit confused :-). I wonder, how this will impact me as my kid will turn 12 before "commencement" of travel.
Hi ​​​lkmsdfo344e and welcome to FlyerTalk!

It should be clear from what realgaga shared that you would not pay anything if QR cancels your flight and you rebook your flights on a date until 31 December 2021.
Although, if you seek to change your ticket voluntarily, with no cancellation or no significant schedule change; you would need to pay the fare difference between a child and an adult.

So, if you don't want to pay anything for the change, you would need to wait for the flight cancellation e-mail.
Old Oct 27, 20, 1:34 pm

Hi ​​​lkmsdfo344e and welcome to FlyerTalk!

It should be clear from what realgaga shared that you would not pay anything if QR cancels your flight and you rebook your flights on a date until 31 December 2021.
Although, if you seek to change your ticket voluntarily, with no cancellation or no significant schedule change; you would need to pay the fare difference between a child and an adult.

So, if you don't want to pay anything for the change, you would need to wait for the flight cancellation e-mail.
Thank You!
I'll wait for the flight cancellation notification.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 27, 20, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
Originally booked for SJC to MLE and back to SFO on 12/23 and 12/31. The sjc to lax leg on AS got cancelled so I got automatically rebooked onto a much earlier flight on AS. Since it was so much earlier, I called to see if there were any alternatives. According to QR, there were no other flights available between SJC/SFO and LAX at the originally booked fare bucket on AS or AA aside from the one that they automatically rebooked me on so I was forced to stick with the earlier flight despite this being an involuntary change unless I paid the fare difference. On the bright side, they allowed me to switch to the nonstop SFO flight on the return instead of transiting in LAX (nonstop SFO outbound not available on 12/23).

Just in case SFO doesnít go through as we can never be sure with QR, will they have to rebook me to LAX and then a transit to SFO or SJC on AS or AA regardless of the available fare class if that happens? They said that they couldnít book me on the alternative flights for SJC to LAX since the auto rebooking was the only one with that fare class so Iím worried they will consider the fare buckets again if they drop SFO and then reroute me back via LAX. Was this only the case this time because the auto rebooked flight already had that fare class available? Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 20, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arthursiew View Post
Originally booked for SJC to MLE and back to SFO on 12/23 and 12/31. The sjc to lax leg on AS got cancelled so I got automatically rebooked onto a much earlier flight on AS. Since it was so much earlier, I called to see if there were any alternatives. According to QR, there were no other flights available between SJC/SFO and LAX at the originally booked fare bucket on AS or AA aside from the one that they automatically rebooked me on so I was forced to stick with the earlier flight despite this being an involuntary change. On the bright side, they allowed me to switch to the nonstop SFO flight on the return instead of transiting in LAX (nonstop SFO outbound not available on 12/23).

Just in case SFO doesnít go through as we can never be sure with QR, will they have to rebook me to LAX and then a transit to SFO or SJC on AS or AA regardless of the available fare class if that happens? They said that they couldnít book me on the alternative flights for SJC to LAX since the auto rebooking was the only one with that fare class so Iím worried they will consider the fare buckets again if they drop SFO and then reroute me back via LAX. Was this only the case this time because the auto rebooked flight already had that fare class available? Thanks.
Yes, in case your SFO flight is cancelled, you could ask to be rerouted to LAX and subsenquently on AA/AS to SFO/SJC regardless of fare bucket availability. You could also be rerouted via DFW with the onward connection to the Bay Area being on AA.

In case of involuntary sitautions, it's the availability in the same cabin that matters rather than the same fare bucket ( RBD ).

Search this Thread