Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by kq747
If it’s a voluntary change, then you need fare buckets to match to avoid fare difference. The old policy is not being honored regardless of when you booked
That's garbage
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by myb821
That's garbage
Re old policy: That's what I was told after calling a few different times and emailing. Their original terms do say they can change the policy at any time so even the current one can be changed in a few weeks for all we know (but I doubt it as it says for ticket booked before Dec 31).

But in their defense, even under the old policy you needed fare buckets to match so you would have been out of luck even if they did honor it
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:07 am

Re old policy: That's what I was told after calling a few different times and emailing. Their original terms do say they can change the policy at any time so even the current one can be changed in a few weeks for all we know (but I doubt it as it says for ticket booked before Dec 31).

But in their defense, even under the old policy you needed fare buckets to match so you would have been out of luck even if they did honor it
not the original policy.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Not the original ( first ) policy but the latest versions of the Book with Confidence policies always had the statement that in case of a voluntary change in dates, destinations, etc... ; the fare bucket must match with the old ticket. It was clearly stated that in case of no availability in the same fare bucket, the fare difference would be collected.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by myb821
not the original policy.
Ah you meant the one that was adjusted after the initial 2 weeks or so. I guess I meant the previous policy
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:16 pm

Ah you meant the one that was adjusted after the initial 2 weeks or so. I guess I meant the previous policy
yea I booked on the first day.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I spoke to QR. Its free of charge to change the dates on my entirely cancelled itinerary and to make the rebooking one year from date of issue, regardless of RBD, then to fly by December 2021.

Hence, in my mind, open status makes it a fully flex ticket that can be used for short notice travel. They will also rebook the regional flights to SEZ on ET, KQ, SA (lol) & HM, FOC.

I asked to move to BArbs premium cabins and that was refused as the majority of the trip needs be on QR metal, but the EU feeder would be OK if needed. Hence you could end up with xxx-LHR-DOH-ADD-SEZ if you so wished.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
I spoke to QR. Its free of charge to change the dates on my entirely cancelled itinerary and to make the rebooking one year from date of issue, regardless of RBD, then to fly by December 2021.

Hence, in my mind, open status makes it a fully flex ticket that can be used for short notice travel. They will also rebook the regional flights to SEZ on ET, KQ, SA (lol) & HM, FOC.

I asked to move to BArbs premium cabins and that was refused as the majority of the trip needs be on QR metal, but the EU feeder would be OK if needed. Hence you could end up with xxx-LHR-DOH-ADD-SEZ if you so wished.
Thanks for sharing this information with us hugolover .
By the way, it's obviously free of charge to change a ticket for free regardless of the fare bucket during involuntary situations like cancellation, major schedule change, etc...
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:43 am

Anyone try to rebook "in the same region"? Curious what that actually means since they divided up the regions shown on their website into subcategories based on the new policy
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by 10000Ants
Anyone try to rebook "in the same region"? Curious what that actually means since they divided up the regions shown on their website into subcategories based on the new policy
I have not tried but according to the policy most categories are simple (Europe, Africa, America) but Asia is broken into GCC(+Iran,Iraq), Indian Subcontinent, Far East which leaves the question, what is central Asia?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:50 pm

I booked a round trip in business from NYC to Kiev back in April for a June departure. The flight got canned and I changed it to NYC to Bangkok and afterwards from Beijing back to NYC. The flights for this trip which is supposed to occur in two weeks also recently got cancelled. I've been looking at Qatar's website and they mention something about holding onto your tickets for two years. Does this mean that I have 18 more months (ticket purchased originally in April) to use the tickets and do another within 5,000 miles radius destination change?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigcahonna
I booked a round trip in business from NYC to Kiev back in April for a June departure. The flight got canned and I changed it to NYC to Bangkok and afterwards from Beijing back to NYC. The flights for this trip which is supposed to occur in two weeks also recently got cancelled. I've been looking at Qatar's website and they mention something about holding onto your tickets for two years. Does this mean that I have 18 more months (ticket purchased originally in April) to use the tickets and do the within 5,000 mile radius destination change?
Yes, you have 18 more months from now to fly and the 5000-mile radius destination change policy does not apply anymore. You could find the new policy at the WIKI in top of this thread.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Hi all, I cancelled a booking 2 weeks ago and got my voucher a week ago. However when I clicked into MMB, the booking still says 'confirmed'. Should I do anything about it?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, you have 18 more months from now to fly and the 5000-mile radius destination change policy does not apply anymore. You could find the new policy at the WIKI in top of this thread.
There were reports that you have to rebook/reissue ticket 1 year from date of purchase. Conflicting info I know.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the QR website

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...onfidence.html

Hold onto your ticket for two years

Keep your unused ticket and use it when you are ready with our extended ticket validity, now valid for 2 years from the date of ticket issuance for greater flexibility. Call any of our offices or contact centres to extend your ticket validity.
And here are the T&C's

• If you have not used your ticket (i.e. you have not flown a single segment of the booked journey/itinerary), your ticket can be kept open and the value of the original ticket can be used within 2 years from the original ticket issue date.
  • If you have already used part of your ticket, your ticket can be kept open and the value of the remaining ticket can be used within 1 year from the first flown segment.
  • If you would like to apply the open ticket for travel on/before 31 December 2021, please refer to the terms and conditions detailed under “Date Change” and/or “Route Change” (route change only applicable when original travel has been disrupted).
  • If you would like to apply the open ticket for travel (on one or more sectors) on/after 1 January 2022, please observe a blackout travel period applicable between 24 October 2022 and 15 January 2023.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.