Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:00 am

Hi guys I had originally a SGN-PNH flight changed in SGN-DOH-LAX-NAN NAN-SYD-DOH-SGN.
They just cancelled the QR flights and in the PNR I can only see the FJ flights already moved in January.
anyone has experience on changing those 5th freedom flight?

the flights were originally in I Class than before the cancellation all the flights were in C class
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mingo86
Hi guys I had originally a SGN-PNH flight changed in SGN-DOH-LAX-NAN NAN-SYD-DOH-SGN.
They just cancelled the QR flights and in the PNR I can only see the FJ flights already moved in January.

the flights were originally in I Class than before the cancellation all the flights were in C class
I can't see PNH in your original itinerary.
Was it on a seperate ticket?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: M&M FTL, 1WRLD SAPPHIRE, AZ CORP
Hey Phil,

I'm in your same position. I also want to postpone my ticket to mid Dec 2021, however I would need to change my reservation prior to departure, currently scheduled for late Nov this year.
If their unlimited date change policy holds true, we could in theory change our tickets twice in order to achieve our desired dates.
I.e. in my case, call now to postpone my existing ticket to August 2021, and then call in early Jan 2021 to postponed the itinerary to the actual desired dates, in Dec 2021.
Hope it works

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
In October 2019 I booked 2 tickets for LAX-DOH-CNX, BKK-DOH-LAX (open jaw in Thailand) in biz class (R) for late February 2020 for $3400 per person.

Fast forward to February and we don't want to travel, so we pay the change fee of $545 per ticket plus additional fare to change to PHL-DOH-ADL-BNE, SYD-DOH-PHL (ADL-BNE on Virgin Australia, then open jaw) in Biz class (R on QR, D on VA) for early November. The fare increased to a total of about $4100 per ticket. Obviously, with Australia's travel restrictions we won't be taking this trip, but we'd still like to take it sometime late in 2021 or early 2022.

A schedule change has happened, and now the VA flight no longer exists, so QR cannot get us to ADL on the originally scheduled date (we'd need to stop overnight at ADL). Oddly, QF has a non-stop flight from ADL-BNE that meets the minimum connection time for ADL, but QR apparently hasn't considered that as an option.

A few questions:
1. I assume the change fee we paid would not be refunded if we cancel and refund the trip due to the involuntary change?

2. If we want to take advantage of the 2 year period of flexible rebooking would that apply to flights before October 2021, or February 2022? (IOW, is it based on the date of original purchase, or on the date we changed/rebooked?)

3. If I want to rebook the identical routing for a later date would QR consider booking us on QF for the ADL-BNE segment?

4. If I want to take advantage of the "Unlimited date change" provision and book for December 2021 how do I change the reservation prior to departure (Nov 2020) when flights in Dec 2021 aren't available to book yet?

TIA
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mingo86

that would have been a great valueable change - if the cancellation would not have crashed it. I keep my fingers crossed for you that you can move it to a later date and fly it.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jcaitsith
Hey Phil,

I'm in your same position. I also want to postpone my ticket to mid Dec 2021, however I would need to change my reservation prior to departure, currently scheduled for late Nov this year.
If their unlimited date change policy holds true, we could in theory change our tickets twice in order to achieve our desired dates.
I.e. in my case, call now to postpone my existing ticket to August 2021, and then call in early Jan 2021 to postponed the itinerary to the actual desired dates, in Dec 2021.
Hope it works
What you need to realise is that the way Qatar are applying the confidence policy is that you can ammend based upon the policy currently in force at the time you make a change. Not what existed at the time of booking or time of last change to your ticket. And as the policy states the policy can be changed at any time, and there's no wording in any version of the policy that permits you to require Qatar to ammend a ticket based upon an older version of the policy, although I'm sure some customers will try to argue on that basis. You've reliased that you can only reschedule to the current end of schedule (12 months), so if you do reschedule your flight you should at least try choose a date when you *could* take those flights, so that in the eventuality the confidence policy changes or is withdrawn before you can reschedule to Dec 2021 you're not left with something you can't use.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I can't see PNH in your original itinerary.
Was it on a seperate ticket?
I don’t see PNH or REP on ANY of QR’s schedules.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Can I check on the 'amend date' voluntary policy - I am reading this to mean you can rebook to any other date up to end 2021 without paying any change fee or fare difference so long as route remains the same. Is that right?

Is this something you can do online? (I like to check options, try to know what aircraft type I'll be on and leave a few hour gap to stretch legs between sectors, so I can see phone agents getting fed up with mw... )
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I don’t see PNH or REP on ANY of QR’s schedules.
They used to fly both to PNH and REP.

Originally Posted by drwook
Can I check on the 'amend date' voluntary policy - I am reading this to mean you can rebook to any other date up to end 2021 without paying any change fee or fare difference so long as route remains the same. Is that right?

Is this something you can do online? (I like to check options, try to know what aircraft type I'll be on and leave a few hour gap to stretch legs between sectors, so I can see phone agents getting fed up with mw... )
First, if you would like to benefit from the Book with Confidence policy, online tools would not work. You need to call in, DM QR's social media accounts or use the WhatsApp line ( for QRPC elites only ). Although, you could look at your suggested option online and ask the agent to apply your option of choice when requesting a change.

According to the current policy, on voluntary changes ( no cancellations involved, no schedule changes involved; changing the ticket on your piece of mind ), the change fee would be always waived, although if there is no availability on your travel dates in the same fare bucket ( RBD ) you would need to pay any applicable fare difference. If there is availability in the same fare bucket ( RBD ), you wouldn't pay any fare difference. Plus according to the current policy, you are allowed to switch the dates unlimited times without any change fee for travel until 31 December 2021.
drwook and oreomilkshake like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
They used to fly both to PNH and REP.

First, if you would like to benefit from the Book with Confidence policy, online tools would not work. You need to call in, DM QR's social media accounts or use the WhatsApp line ( for QRPC elites only ). Although, you could look at your suggested option online and ask the agent to apply your option of choice when requesting a change.

According to the current policy, on voluntary changes ( no cancellations involved, no schedule changes involved; changing the ticket on your piece of mind ), the change fee would be always waived, although if there is no availability on your travel dates in the same fare bucket ( RBD ) you would need to pay any applicable fare difference. If there is availability in the same fare bucket ( RBD ), you wouldn't pay any fare difference. Plus according to the current policy, you are allowed to switch the dates unlimited times without any change fee for travel until 31 December 2021.
This is correct re changing dates voluntarily. The agent initially tried to charge me the fare difference but I insisted and read out the policy until they check with a supervisor and then changed dates in short order. Do not accept that the fare difference if you can see that the original RBD is available for your new dates
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Has anyone had any luck recently changing their destination from BKK to MLE? Originally had a flight in July JFK-DOH-KBP. Changed that to JFK-DOH-BKK for this December, but it's unlikely that I'lll be welcomed in by then. I called USA CS and the lady told me no on MLE, but I could change to Bali, Jakarta, Singapore, Manilla etc.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, 1WRLD SAPPHIRE, AZ CORP
Hello everyone,

I have a scheduled leisure trip to Japan later this year. The Japanese Government is currently enforcing an entry ban on foreign tourists.
It does however allow entry to its citizens, permanent residents and business travellers (the latter under strict conditions). I do not meet any of said requirements.

Would such (partial) entry ban fall under the definition of "travel restrictions and travel bans imposed by governments" given by Qatar airways' existing travel with confidence policy and therefore trigger an "involuntary change"?
In a nut shell, all things being equal, would I be eligible for a date change without having to pay the fare difference pursuant to QR's policy?

I've got conflicting responses from their customer service representatives.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 4:04 pm

yes there was SGN-PNH (500usd rt on biz) and GRU-EZE after a week they added some limitations about these routes but I was able to change it going to NAN hope I'll be able to do it
Old Oct 12, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by jcaitsith
Hello everyone,

I have a scheduled leisure trip to Japan later this year. The Japanese Government is currently enforcing an entry ban on foreign tourists.
It does however allow entry to its citizens, permanent residents and business travellers (the latter under strict conditions). I do not meet any of said requirements.

Would such (partial) entry ban fall under the definition of "travel restrictions and travel bans imposed by governments" given by Qatar airways' existing travel with confidence policy and therefore trigger an "involuntary change"?
In a nut shell, all things being equal, would I be eligible for a date change without having to pay the fare difference pursuant to QR's policy?

I've got conflicting responses from their customer service representatives.

Thanks in advance.
Under the (new) Extending Our Commitment policy, you are allow unlimited voluntary date changes as long as there's availability in your RBD class. In this case, this should also qualify for an involuntary change. I recommend you to read the document in the wiki regarding the differences between voluntary and involuntary changes.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:56 pm

If I booked under the original Book with Confidence policy do I need fare buckets to match? I am considering moving my Maldives trip which is in 2 weeks, one week earlier. Will they allow it even though my fare class is R and now only D is available?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by myb821
If I booked under the original Book with Confidence policy do I need fare buckets to match? I am considering moving my Maldives trip which is in 2 weeks, one week earlier. Will they allow it even though my fare class is R and now only D is available?
If it’s a voluntary change, then you need fare buckets to match to avoid fare difference. The old policy is not being honored regardless of when you booked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.