Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
hey guys, Qatar emailed me and said that they are no longer issuing free cancellation for all tickets, refunds will only be done in vouchers.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:07 am

My BCN-DOH has been changed to about 16 hours later than originally scheduled. Am I eligible for a refund without fees?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by manucanuck
hey guys, Qatar emailed me and said that they are no longer issuing free cancellation for all tickets, refunds will only be done in vouchers.
They never offered free cancellations? It was always by voucher or a free change (and pay any fare difference).
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by flynz
They never offered free cancellations? It was always by voucher or a free change (and pay any fare difference).
I am pretty sure they did when I was in China.

Damn, the flight I did book last week for end of April just decreased in price. I am thinking to just re-book it and ask for the voucher. I am really wondering if it's worth it.

My voucher will be probably issued in AUD (as it is a flight ex-Aus) but what's going to happen if I want to use it for a booking in EUR (for a future flight ex-EU)?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Due to the gigantic mess we're in, this weekend I decided that a Bali vacation for Easter wasn't going to happen. The route was AMS-DOH-DPS-DOH-BRU.

Now, before "collecting" the voucher, available until 3 days before the first flight, if I have understood correctly, I want to see if there is any cancellation of one or more of the flights involved, in order to have directly a cash refund.
We're four people, so it's not a small amount... plus it was purchased in a very convenient sale, who knows if and when it's gonna happen again. Oh, and having school age kids it also means we have a very limited window to use that voucher... so, better the cash if possible!
I had a similar booking (R class) to AKL for Easter but booked through Amex. I called Amex yesterday and they arranged a full cash refund through Qatar without any penalties.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: IHG, BA
I've had a change made to my booking, as one flight SIN-DOH has been cancelled, and it's offering me a later flight (which is of no use as I then miss the next one DOH-ARN) It's not clear if I can now refund this without penalty, or if I have to take a voucher. Can anyone help as call centers aren't answering.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does anybody has an experience with changing flights online? Is that possible? My travel is in two weeks and I haven't been able to reach out to my local call center. I've tried to do that via Manage Booking but it still quotes a cancellation fee there. TA
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
QR are still selling tickets for after 18th, so this may be a misinterpretation of the original announcement yesterday which was about stopping entry to Qatar but reported as stopping flights.
yes I agree ... the announcement has been removed today
and indeed I suppose there has been a confusion because the state of Qatar decided not to allow non-Qatari into the country
on the QR website it is impossible to book a flight to Doha as end destination but not when HIA is only the transit airport
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
https://www.brusselsairport.be/alert...he-coronavirus QR being removed from the cancellation list
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
I filled out the refund form online for my upcoming flights. I asked for a refund to my credit card so I'll report back.
mkm4 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:01 am

Anyone had any luck receiving a refund? I was due to fly to Sri Lanka next week, however UK residents can no longer enter and now today I have seen an update that ALL flight arrivals will be suspended for the next two weeks. I contacted Qatar Airways via twitter and they told me they werent aware of any travel restrictions in place for Sri Lanka and they only suggested a voucher or change of dates. I have tried to cancel my flights online but it is still charging me 200GBP, also my flights are still confirmed for next week. If flights were to be cancelled the next few days, is it likely that I will receive a full refund? Anyone else in a similar predicament, I cant get a hold of Qatar on the phone and they take a long time to reply on Twitter.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:56 pm

FCO have advised against all but essential travel worldwide, so imagine that QR aren't going to be offering refunds at all, they will leave it to travel insurers to sort
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I have an upcoming itin MEL-DOH-OTP return that I was going to cancel in light of COVID-19. Then I noticed that they had switched me to other DOH-OTP and OTP-DOH flights, which made my layovers in DOH 10 and 12 hours respectively. That's unacceptable for me and I have asked for a $$$ refund on the ground of flights being changed by QR. I got an email confirming my request. 124 hours later, no other response from QR. I will report back... stay tuned.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems a new policy was issued today.

CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK-COMMERCIAL POLICY 1059 V. 1.2

Attention: this Passenger Guidelines supersedes all previous Commercial Policies
Reference No. 1033 - 1038, 1040 - 1041, 1043 - 1049 and 1051
except “Travel with Confidence” COM Ref: 1052 Ver. 1.2.
  1. Which are declared as canceled due to operational reasons or airport closures.
  2. To / from / via any point which is declared as operating, however, passengers are prevented to travel to / from / via these points due to travel restrictions or travel ban imposed by government authorities. Please see “Applicability Appendix” for further details.
  3. Which are declared as operating to / from / via China (OAL / interline), Hong Kong (QR), Iran (QR / IKA), Italy (QR / FCO) and South Korea (QR / ICN), however, passengers wish to amend their travel plans in view of the current situation.
  4. Which are declared as operating to / from / via any point, but cruise travel or a special event booked in connection with flights has been changed or canceled due to Coronavirus outbreak. There should be an identifier on the ticket justifying that the ticket is issued in connection with a cruise travel. List of bookings (PNRs, ticket numbers and passenger names) at the end of each week should be forwarded to Commercial Policies & Procedures.
  5. That have undergone a Schedule Change in the PNR. This overrides “Reservations & Ticketing Manual (RTM) Section 17 - Schedule Change”. However, for new QR routes that have a delay in launch of operation, please refer to their individual Commercial Policies which have been already published or will be issued shortly.
  6. That have prolonged checks at certain airports or increased Minimum Connecting Time (MCT), may cause a misconnection of onward flights.
  7. With transit through Hamad International Airport (HIA) and an onward connection between 8 and 24 hours and at the same time holding a confirmed STPC hotel arrangement which has been canceled.
  8. Which are booked as a part of any Stopover product in Doha (standard stopover as part of ticketed Fare Basis, MVP, QR Holidays, Discover Qatar, etc.).

Rerouting on QR

Reroute onto QR operated flights, within the same country of 500 international miles radius (different country).

Exception for restrictions to / from Egypt: Reroute onto QR operated flights to / from ADA / ADB / AMM / BEY / ESB / IST / KWI * / LCA / MCT / OHS / SAW / SLL

* Subject to flight operation

Rebook into lowest available RBD in the same cabin.

Must advise passenger that travel from / to rerouted point is at their expense, including surface transport, hotel

May change unutilized outbound & unutilized inbound on the same Ticket within one transaction to match original length of stay.

Examples for 500 international miles radius:

Original destination - MXP BKK QR X / DOH QR MIL

New destination - VIE

Rerouting permitted. Ticketed Point Mileage (TPM) between MIL and VIE is 388 (within 500 miles).

New origin - NRT.

Rerouting not permitted. Ticketed Point Mileage (TPM) between BKK and TYO is 2869 (exceeds 500 miles).

Rebook on oal

Rebook onto combination of QR operated and OAL operated flights, same origin, destination

May change gateway and / or OAL.

Rebook into lowest available QR RBD in the same cabin and lowest available OAL SPA RBD in the same cabin.

Please refer to QR Info> Commercial> Revenue Management> Res & Tkt Manual> file “SPA for

Schedule Change ”for further details.

Must not rebook exclusively on OAL

Number of waivers

Multiple changes permitted. Applies to changeable, as well as to non-changeable fares (tickets).

Calculations

Waive any difference of fare, taxes, fees, charges, surcharges, including rebooking penalty and service charge (ticketing fee, booking fee) due to ticket exchange / reissue.

No-show Waive no-show condition and no-show penalty for rebooking or refunds

Hotel provided: No

Upgrade to higher cabin: Yes , provided difference of applicable fare, taxes, fees, charges and

surcharges are collected and fare basis conditions adhered

Unutilized ancillary services (EMD status Open)
  • Preferred seat, Lounge access, AL Maha meet & Assist - EMD value can be exchanged to TRNS - Good for future travel, provided it has been issued in connection with impacted flight
  • Pre-Paid Baggage can be rebooked with new journey within the EMD validity
  • ORYX Airport Hotel Room - Cancellation must be informed to The Airport Hotel Reservation 1 [email protected] . Up on concurrence from The Airport Hotel reservation Service can be rebooked with new journey within the EMD validity period (12 months from date of issue). All other scenarios follow respective Ancillary service SOP involuntary scenarios.
Important information
  • Travel with Confidence Policy (Commercial Ref 1052) is independent from this Guidelines.
  • Rebooking / rerouting is permitted provided that there are no restrictions imposed by government authorities and must be subject to documentation check, as well as immigration compliance
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:07 am

Hi there

I canceled by phone and online a week ago and requested a voucher

I haven't got anything yet

Has anyone got the voucher yet?

What does the voucher look like? Can I redeem the voucher for the entire route network?

Can I redeem it online or do I have to call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.