FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   can't choose seat on "manage booking" page (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2011287-cant-choose-seat-manage-booking-page.html)

pinoyflyer Mar 3, 2020 2:27 am

can't choose seat on "manage booking" page

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ae7ecd8531.jpg
where did the "seat selection" option go? i can't seem to find a way to get my preferred seat on the "manage booking" page.

solfi Mar 3, 2020 4:39 am

Me neither on my multi bookings on the app. Not even „change flights“ is available.
When log in in Manage booking on web browser at least can change seats on some of my bookings. But not in all my bookings.
Look like it’s too complicated to integrate the new layout of seatmap in to the app

Johnnieboy Mar 3, 2020 6:22 am

They appear to be rolling out some new graphics for this section of the website. I haven't been able to access seat selection on my phone since yesterday but could just now on my laptop, where I got the new graphics

pinoyflyer Mar 3, 2020 6:59 am

thanks for the feedback. i was trying to do it from the app. no option to choose seats.

tried the mobile web browser. "select seats" showed up but led to a blank page when I clicked on it.

ended up just calling the qatar reservations office in my city.

fender5787 Mar 3, 2020 12:22 pm

Yep, have the same problem here via the app. Haven’t tried it yet via a browser or on my laptop though.

Faisal777 Mar 3, 2020 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by solfi (Post 32135777)
Me neither on my multi bookings on the app. Not even „change flights“ is available.
When log in in Manage booking on web browser at least can change seats on some of my bookings. But not in all my bookings.
Look like it’s too complicated to integrate the new layout of seatmap in to the app

I believe that is only a problem on the mobile app, just login to the main QR website on any desktop computer and you can select the seats there, I think they have very recently updated the seat map graphics.

Lefly Mar 4, 2020 5:20 am

I can't find any way to select/change seats on QR website, using a desktop computer and trying with both Chrome and Firefox.

Johnnieboy Mar 4, 2020 6:23 am

Seat selection is working again on the mobile site (for me at least) with the new graphics

Wygun Mar 4, 2020 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 32140285)
Seat selection is working again on the mobile site (for me at least) with the new graphics

In my case I cannot see the seat selection option neither in the mobile site nor in the laptop yet :S

glennaa11 Mar 4, 2020 6:34 pm

glad it's not just me. I tried the app and website.

MikeLonW7 Mar 6, 2020 8:26 am

It appears that Qatar has updated the seat selection elements of their web-site. But there appears to be a few bugs.
I was able to view the seats I had selected but I don't think it was working as designed. In the same itinerary I have encountered three different display scenarios:

* The A350-900 seat maps display with new graphics, but the seat I have selected shows just like any other occupied seat with a grey 'x'. If I look at the top of the display, it states the seat I have selected, but isn't highlighted on the graphical seat map.
* The Q-Suite A350-1000 flights in my itinerary are working fine. The seat selection is stated, and the seat map highlights my chosen seat in green.
* The Finnair seat map on my itinerary no longer displays. It just states 'Flight not operated by Qatar Airways'. Previously you were able to display and select a seat like any other flight. This is a backward step.

It doesn't appear that Qatar have done any robust testing. The lack of displaying your chosen seat on the seat map works for some aircraft, but not others. I haven't noticed any improvements in functionality. The major changes are the graphics, which were perfectly adequate before, and the fact that you can view seat maps without the forward and back navigation of pages as the flights are displayed in collapsing tabs on the same screen.

It is still the case that you cannot view Seat Maps from the Qatar mobile iOS app. They've just removed that basic functionality.

Wygun Mar 7, 2020 12:53 pm

The days have passed and the option for choosing seats is still not back. I am wondering if because my reservation involves a LATAM-leased A350 A/C they forgot to update this type of seat-map. Can anyone with a QaTAM A350 involved in their booking confirm if they can see the seat map and choose a seat? Thank you.

MikeLonW7 Mar 9, 2020 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Wygun (Post 32154115)
The days have passed and the option for choosing seats is still not back. I am wondering if because my reservation involves a LATAM-leased A350 A/C they forgot to update this type of seat-map. Can anyone with a QaTAM A350 involved in their booking confirm if they can see the seat map and choose a seat? Thank you.

Yes, I can select on the A350-1000 with Q-Suites. I can also select on the A350-900 reverse-herringbone in my itinerary.
Sounds like you have an issue with the aircraft type (LATAM leased A350)

CatchThePigeon Mar 9, 2020 1:51 pm

I can access the seat map for my LHR-DOH Q-suite but all seats are crossed out so unable to select any. No problems selecting seats for other legs of my journey.

I've tried calling local office but no answer (fair enough, they've probably got lots of queries at the moment).

Wygun Mar 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by MikeLonW7 (Post 32161035)
Yes, I can select on the A350-1000 with Q-Suites. I can also select on the A350-900 reverse-herringbone in my itinerary.
Sounds like you have an issue with the aircraft type (LATAM leased A350)

Thank you very much for the update, MikeLonW7. It seems then I should wait until they realize they should update also the seat map for the LATAM A350.