Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to select QR seat on award?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

How to select QR seat on award?

In these questionable times, with the future uncertain, I'm going to go ahead and plan on SUCCESS and ask a simple boring non-virus question that I'm sure has been answered - but I've failed in the SEARCH.

FIRST - I got my award tickets! Thanks everyone (and FT) for all your advice and help - I will post the details, eventually, for what it's worth, just so some other newb can learn something maybe.

But my question is this: I'm J on Qatar...how do I choose my seats? I logged into Qatar's website - and used my record # - and found my flight, no problem. But the opportunity to select a seat was not there, or not obvious.

Did I miss it?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:42 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
As this is a Qatar manage my booking question I’m moving this to the Qatar forum.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by shipcamein
In these questionable times, with the future uncertain, I'm going to go ahead and plan on SUCCESS and ask a simple boring non-virus question that I'm sure has been answered - but I've failed in the SEARCH.

FIRST - I got my award tickets! Thanks everyone (and FT) for all your advice and help - I will post the details, eventually, for what it's worth, just so some other newb can learn something maybe.

But my question is this: I'm J on Qatar...how do I choose my seats? I logged into Qatar's website - and used my record # - and found my flight, no problem. But the opportunity to select a seat was not there, or not obvious.

Did I miss it?
it should be there under manage my booking on the right side - to choose seats / meals

is your booking ticketed ?

perhaps in the case of award bookings you need to call in - I don’t remember
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

It was an Asia miles award (Cathay) if that matters.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Choose meals is there, choose seats is not.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by shipcamein
Choose meals is there, choose seats is not.
I just noticed this on my booking as well where seat selection is no longer there. Try manage my booking on the royal jordanian site. Use your QR PNR
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:36 pm

I think this is pretty common. You can try to select your seat on various other OW airline manage my bookings (RJ, Finnair etc).

I have a award booking in J (booked using AA miles) and used another airline site to select the seat. When I now go back to the manage my booking on the QA website, the seat selection is still not there but under the passenger information my selected seat is shown.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
I was able to have seats assigned using Twitter. I just messaged their support team at "@qrsupport"
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:29 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
It's been a while but if MMB doesn't work then call the airline at your home city, or Skypeout to the airline's call centre.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, I'll have to try it when I'm near a phone and some wait-time.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Trying to assign seats on QR from AA award but no where can i find seat options. I tried Finnair & RJ. Am I missing something on RJ site as to where I can do this. I put in my record locator and i can see my res but no place for seats. At least I can see the Res. On QR I cant even get past the contact details screen glitch, QR IT blows..
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Trying to assign seats on QR from AA award but no where can i find seat options. I tried Finnair & RJ. Am I missing something on RJ site as to where I can do this. I put in my record locator and i can see my res but no place for seats. At least I can see the Res. On QR I cant even get past the contact details screen glitch, QR IT blows..

I had the same glitch. I’ve booked using Avios into QATAR Qsuite. To get past the contact detail glitch I manually entered all my details to ensure no hidden spaces. I used chrome on a windows laptop. Hope that helps!

use royal Jordan Manage my booking, half way down the website page to select seats. It initially only allowed me to select one seat but after 24hrs I could book seats for both fights, including the double bed seats for ourselves!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by dood125
I had the same glitch. I’ve booked using Avios into QATAR Qsuite. To get past the contact detail glitch I manually entered all my details to ensure no hidden spaces. I used chrome on a windows laptop. Hope that helps!

use royal Jordan Manage my booking, half way down the website page to select seats. It initially only allowed me to select one seat but after 24hrs I could book seats for both fights, including the double bed seats for ourselves!
I'll give RJ another try. I did do that once before from a suggestion on here but I personally couldnt find where you choose the seats on RJ.

The work around the stupid contact info glitch where you cant even see the reservation QR def can be taken care of on Finnair as I've done that 2 x now. Just input my contact info on Finnair and then go back to QR and I can see my entire reservation.

Just wish QR would let you change seats and see the seat map on their site. It is the only airline I have ever not been able to see the seat map/assign seats on (when booked on that airlines flight).
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Getting the following error when trying to select seats on RJ's website for my QR flights
  • At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631 - 68202)
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Getting the following error when trying to select seats on RJ's website for my QR flights
  • At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631 - 68202)
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
The RJ work around did not work for me. It neither got rid of the contact info glitch on QR or seat assignments. Finnair does work to get around the contact info glitch by simply putting in your contact details on Finnair.

I have yet to be able to see a seat map or change seats for my QR flights. That said AA agent gave me seats and I can see them on QR site with the little green check that they are confirmed so I feel good about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.