Wiki Posts
Search

Early access to QR lounge at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Early access to QR lounge at BKK?

I’m booked on the 5.25am BKK-DOH flight on Saturday - was wondering if instead of paying for an extra night in a hotel, if it is possible for me to check in at BKK the evening before my flight and just stay in the lounge?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: QR Plat
From other threads, I don't think they allow you to check in early. It's been the same from Singapore.

-A
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
From other threads, I don't think they allow you to check in early. It's been the same from Singapore.

-A
This is true of BKK but at Singapore you can check in early at Jewel
plunet likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
My bad, I was thinking of a thread (and my own experience) before The Bun opened.

-A
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I think the official line at the Jewel is 12 hours before although I managed to do it at 13 hours.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by flymao
I’m booked on the 5.25am BKK-DOH flight on Saturday - was wondering if instead of paying for an extra night in a hotel, if it is possible for me to check in at BKK the evening before my flight and just stay in the lounge?
I think the only way you can do this is if you don't want to check in any bags, and check in online and print off your BPs.

I've done this a couple of times for one of the early evening flights, without any problem, arriving at a deserted lounge about 4 hours before the flight. (In that case the lounge opened from 13:15 for the afternoon flight.)

In your case, the lounge opens from 22:45.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
QR won’t issue you a boarding pass at the airport until 4 hours before your flight (and won’t give you a mobile boarding pass if you’re departing BKK).

QR also won’t admit you to the lounge (nor will the lounge agents issue you one) without a boarding pass (even when you explain the above situation) until 4 hours before your flight.

also to go from 6pm to 5:35am the next day, I think you’d have to stay in a miracle lounge or something, I’m not sure CX/JAL and QR have full coverage of that entire period where you could stay and sleep.

my recommendation? Get a hotel - It’s Bangkok and insanely cheap, you can probably find a good airport hotel for 50$ and have a heck of a lot better rest than airport lounges.
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've used OLCI and printed my own boarding pass on a number of occasions flying QR from BKK - and I've never had any issues accessing the CX lounge while waiting for the QR lounge to open. Of course, this only works if you don't need to check in any luggage.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
None of the available lounges in BKK offer a sleeping room or something similar of a quiet area to get sleep and i think you will try to get some sleep if you want to stay in the lounge that early.

better book a hotel close to the airport to get some sleep and rest and you can start your flight relaxed.

Floral Shire Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel offers you free shuttle service and is a short drive away from the airport for $20.
But can be noisy because of the airplanes.
blackdog047 likes this.

Last edited by Crisu69; Feb 24, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Crisu69
None of the available lounges in BKK offer a sleeping room or something similar of a quiet area to get sleep and i think you will try to get some sleep if you want to stay in the lounge that early.

better book a hotel close to the airport to get some sleep and rest and you can start your flight relaxed.

Floral Shire Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel offers you free shuttle service and is a short drive away from the airport for $20.
But can be noisy because of the airplanes.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I guess it’s easiest to just find something cheap close to where I’m staying now and just chill by the pool until it’s time to leave.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:38 am

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I guess it’s easiest to just find something cheap close to where I’m staying now and just chill by the pool until it’s time to leave.
I've found this to be the best method after years of travel. When leaving BKK I always pack and get everything ready, then soak in the pool until I have the least possible time to just get a shower, get dressed and show up at the gate.
Lounges are fun and all until you've been in a few, then it's more important to just minimize the travel.

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.