QR..What a dirty trick..

Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:03 pm

I came across something similar on Chins Southern Airlines. It would default to economy prices for the return leg without making it very obvious.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:48 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by subject2load
it’s still wrong, however you look at it.
I would be wary of such a blanket statement, tbh. I came across this a few days ago when looking to change an upcoming SIN-GOT and subjectively I found the messaging clear, risk of mistake low, and welcomed the option to save a few quid if I fancied it. I have no problem accepting the fact I'm in a small minority, but "however you look at it" doesn't hold true.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Not false. That is why you check the "details" - esp if the ticket is cheaper than the rest. All airlines do ghis
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:55 am

I'm sure that there will be examples of their economy fares where on one leg you will be in a business cabin. Surely?
toastedcafe likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by dsf
I would be wary of such a blanket statement, tbh. I came across this a few days ago when looking to change an upcoming SIN-GOT and subjectively I found the messaging clear, risk of mistake low, and welcomed the option to save a few quid if I fancied it. I have no problem accepting the fact I'm in a small minority, but "however you look at it" doesn't hold true.
As mentioned previously, FT forum members will spot these small details and make a decision based on the information. However, the average person looking for a good offer will probably NOT pay attention to the small details. Such type of information should be presented in a clear and concise way , allowing even the "non-frequent" traveler the opportunity to decide if it is indeed a bargain or not.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:57 am

Am confused. OP says 14000 NOK but the "dodgy" fare is 8500, no?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Agree this is a very unfair business practice.

But at least for Travel Agents it is clearly stated in the fare rules (ARN-BKK example):

CXR FARE CLASS MARKET TICKET DATE TRAVEL DATE
QR RLR7PXBX ARNBKK 25FEB20 01JUN20

QR PRIME BOOKING CODE R
---------------------------------------------------------------
QR DOH BKK
FLIGHTS BETWEEN DOH AND AREA 3-FAR EAST, AUSTRALIA AND
PACIFIC
REQUIRED K
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Originally Posted by plunet
But what does 'multiple cabins' mean to your average punter looking for a good deal for their holiday (not members of the forum). The fact that the flight is split into two sectors might be thought to mean they are going to sit in two different cabins, not implausible. Terminology like 'mixed Business and Economy' might be more transparent.
I am really surprised that members of FT are concerned about the plight of the "average punter looking for a deal". jk

Do they get extra miles? I have seen this too often now, including in google flight search results. The price is anyway too-good-to-be-true, so hopefully even the average occasional flyer would do a double check. Additionally has anyone flown this way and ended up getting an upgrade on the longer segment when they check in or after the first segment is flown?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
AA is notorious for showing "Business" awards on routes like XXX-LAX-SYD where the domestic XXX-LAX flight is in business and the longer LAX-SYD flight is in economy. And yet they charge the business miles for the entire trip.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Fraud might be a stretch (it says "Multi cabin" several times and the final overview would show economy on two legs). It's misleading to a customer and poorly made (since a customer, overlooking the various warnings, will inevitably be disappointed when he flies).
Because the big ad is for 'premium' and in no way, shape or form is economy 'premium'.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
It's kind of like if you search for lhr syd and they showed a great price, but when you click details it showed that this itinerary ends in Singapore, and you'd have to pay more if you really wanted to go to all the way to syd.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Excuse me but if you see a several thousand dollar difference in the price and don't check the details I have ocean front property in Paris I will sell you
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by knownothing
Excuse me but if you see a several thousand dollar difference in the price and don't check the details I have ocean front property in Paris I will sell you
That property sounds interesting ;-) Might be a good investment , as long as you don't QR me

Safe travels my friend
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I came across this yesterday, as I was attracted by the email offer of LON-DPS for around 1800 in business class. Having clicked through I was very annoyed to discover that this price was for mixed cabins. Calling it a business class fare when the two long sectors are in economy is very sharp practice. There may well be a demand from some for mixed cabin flights, but why not just add an extra tick box on the booking page for Mixed Cabin alongside the tick box for Premium Only? Luckily google flights seems to exclude these mixed cabin fares from business class searches.

If the QR lurker is still lurking, perhaps they can feed upwards that this gimmick is not going down well will many of the people that fly QR frequently
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:02 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I have seen some creative routings listed as the cheapest J options recently too, including Oslo to Adelaide via Auckland, with the AKL-ADL sector in economy on Air New Zealand.
What if there is no business cabin on the NZ factor? Are you expecting QR to get NZ to suddenly create a business cabin?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.