Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Fast Track

Hello, querying if I would automatically get fast track or similar at the airports on my itinerary as follows:
CDG > DOH
DOH > BKK
HKT > DOH
DOH > CDG

I won't be leaving air side at DOH.
Travelling in business class.
Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Aston100
Hello, querying if I would automatically get fast track or similar at the airports on my itinerary as follows:
CDG > DOH
DOH > BKK
HKT > DOH
DOH > CDG

I won't be leaving air side at DOH.
Travelling in business class.
Thanks.
You'll have Fast Track at CDG, but as the security check is by the gate, it really won't make much of a difference.

In DOH there is a separate J/F area in transit security

I can't comment on HKT, but perhaps others can.

M
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
At BKK you should get fast track immigration (arrival)
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
At BKK you should get fast track immigration (arrival)
Thanks.
How is that organised? do you need to keep your boarding pass?
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Aston100
Thanks.
How is that organised? do you need to keep your boarding pass?
They usually give out fast track vouchers in-flight for J class pax. When you go to the fast track immigration counter, give both your passport and fast track voucher to the immigration officer.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:03 pm

Yes on BKK arrival. It can be easy to miss. Don't follow the crowds to the main hall, FT is between the two main halls near the "visa on arrival" desk, it is not well posted. I don't see HKT listed as a fast track location.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:05 pm

I was on JAL and they didn't provide a FT pass, just used BP. They gave arrival forms on the plane.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
They usually give out fast track vouchers in-flight for J class pax. When you go to the fast track immigration counter, give both your passport and fast track voucher to the immigration officer.
They stopped the fast track vouchers at BKK last year. You now need to show your J/F boarding pass to someone at the entrance to the fast track area. Likewise on departure.
msm2000uk and Aston100 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:05 am

HKT has no fast track IIRC. There are third party services that you can buy.

BKK does indeed work off the boarding passes these days. Don't lose it. It is tricky to find the VIP/fastrack. I'd suggest having a look at the terminal map before arrival to be clear on where you are going.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: QR Plat
Relevant info for BKK:
- Keep your boarding pass ready as you disembark, some flights they want to see it at the top of the gate (the DOH-BKK-HAN and others with a hop beyond BKK).
- Keep your boarding pass ready for fast track imigration, it is located just across from gate D4, right around the middle of the D gates. It's not signposted well, but look for en entrance with a fancy blue frame around it.

Also for Doha:
- If you arrive by buss you are dumped at central security there is a F/J line at the middle of the security area, but if you see empty lines for the unwashed masses this if often a lot quicker.
- if you arrive in the D/E gates and they direct you to the security out there, first see if you can locate what your departure gate onwards is, if you are departing from any A, B or C1-4 it's quicker to head for the train and clear security at central security.
- you can still take the train airside from D/E to the center of the terminal, all the signage is removed but the train has a carriage that is airside and two that are landside.

-A
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Not anymore in BKK, just show boarding pass at entrance to Fast Track as someone there checking it.

Last edited by flightcrew1; Feb 25, 2020 at 6:54 pm Reason: not clear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.