Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

HKG Flights Changed From B77W to A359/B788 Next 2 Weeks (Feb17-Mar1)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG Flights Changed From B77W to A359/B788 Next 2 Weeks (Feb17-Mar1)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by heb999
Thanks for your help. My first choice would be to fly to Manila, as I already have accommodation in the Philippines booked. My second choice would be to fly to another Asian city from where I could fly to Manila and my last choice would be to fly to Hong Kong and take your advice and move to flights which have a shorter layover in Hong Kong and then fly to a beach destination from there and delay our Philippine holiday until next year. I will keep trying.
I don't know when you plan flying, but you are aware that additional restrictions keep popping up.
Virus statistics in some countries are highly unreliable, in part because of the lack of tests. That could be the case for Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand,.. And Sweden already has a large number of case per inhabitant. There are not so many beach destinations that you can fly from HKG, at least with certainty in a month time.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by brunos
TAs are suffering and they tend to be unhelpful and stick to the rules.
Since you depart from ARN, you could get a full refund (minus the TA fees) and buy another ticket if you insist on going to MNL.
Unless you are a Filipino, you will have a tough time entering the country if you transit via HKG.

BTW: I am surprised by your 20h layover. There are 2 or 3 flights from ARN, so QR could reschedule you on a more convenient ARN-DOH flight.
My bold above ........

Can he really get a full refund or just a voucher? Confused! Thinking of a forthcoming CPH-DOH-HKG-TPE trip!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Rebooking and cancellation policy extended until April 30th for Hong Kong.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
But doesn't apply to bookings that straddle the dates. So if you fly out on 24th April and back on 8th May for example, no refund.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:48 am

But doesn't apply to bookings that straddle the dates. So if you fly out on 24th April and back on 8th May for example, no refund.
Depend on the situation the date may be further extended so no worry

Disclaimer: My return ticket is on 1 May...
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EGLK FLYER
My bold above ........

Can he really get a full refund or just a voucher? Confused! Thinking of a forthcoming CPH-DOH-HKG-TPE trip!
My reading is that heb999 has a ticket from Sweden (EU) to Hong Kong.
His flight to HKG is cancelled. According to EC261 (article 8) QR must offer the pax the option to choose between a cash refund within 7 days or a rerouting. It is the pax who chooses, not QR.
Then there could be the issue of compensation and right of care depending on when cancellation is announced and how convenient is the rerouting.

The voucher is something different and not linked to EC261. You can get the voucher if your flight is operational but you wish to cancel anyhow.

If heb999 cannot get QR to reroute directly to MNL, then the refund under EC261 seems a likely option. It could even be a bargaining chip with QR. However, heb999 decided to book via a TA and times are very difficult for airlines.

Last edited by brunos; Mar 9, 2020 at 8:23 am
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I would like to thank everyone for their input and advice. Today I finally changed my ticket from Stockholm -Hong Kong to Stockholm - Bangkok. After hours of waiting on hold to Qatar Airways and two agents saying that it was not possible, despite their own travel advisory stating to the opposite, I spoke to a fantastic man who was super, super helpful. As Qatar had already cancelled a flight in the booking he was able to override the travel agent. The re-booking options from Hong Kong included every city in Asia except for Manila?, so I chose Bangkok. There is no travel restriction between Thailand and the Philippines so it seemed a good compromise. As has been written here on many occasions, don't trust the first agent you talk to. Put the phone down and start again even if it does require hours of holding. One very important lesson that I have learnt is that I will never, ever again use an online travel agent. I will always book direct with the airline.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad it worked out.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by im359
I wonder why there is no email notification to me on the change of aircraft...
nevermind the change in aircraft, there's no notification of schedule change neither... the CS team said they've been experiencing high volume of schedule change and therefore won't be able to contact each and every pax, that's what i was being told.... he literally asked me to have a look myself every now and then, and guess what, another flight change -_-''......
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If you submit a request for refund using the online form for a flight starting in HKG, and the itinerary will be complete by end of April, I should be able to get a full refund?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:30 am

I called Qatar and they said there’s no travel restrictions to and from Hong Kong. Can you let me know where can I find this officially? Thanks they are in talk of not being able to cxl my ticket 🙄🙄🙄Am due to fly on March 31 to Ireland thanks
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by manucanuck
I called Qatar and they said there’s no travel restrictions to and from Hong Kong. Can you let me know where can I find this officially? Thanks they are in talk of not being able to cxl my ticket 🙄🙄🙄Am due to fly on March 31 to Ireland thanks
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/t...19-update.html
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:36 am

I know this and the lady saw my itinerary and said i might not be able to receive a full refund as i wasn't being affected and Hong Kong is not listed on their 'travel ban' list.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by manucanuck
I know this and the lady saw my itinerary and said i might not be able to receive a full refund as i wasn't being affected and Hong Kong is not listed on their 'travel ban' list.
Maybe you can wait 777 () to announce travel restriction of UK and Ireland. They already urge students to come home asap to avoid any inconvenient.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Interestingly, my flight to HKG has been changed from an A359 to 77W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.