Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

AA Flagship Lounge Access when Flying QR Business Class

AA Flagship Lounge Access when Flying QR Business Class

Old Feb 4, 20, 12:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: United MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Southwest Airlines
Posts: 705
AA Flagship Lounge Access when Flying QR Business Class

Hello,

Just a quick question. We will be flying DFW-DOH on Qatar Airways in Business Class soon. Do/will we have access to the AA Flagship Lounge at DFW? Based upon my reading on the American Airlines website, we should, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
cslovacek is offline  
Old Feb 4, 20, 1:03 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by cslovacek View Post
Hello,

Just a quick question. We will be flying DFW-DOH on Qatar Airways in Business Class soon. Do/will we have access to the AA Flagship Lounge at DFW? Based upon my reading on the American Airlines website, we should, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
Yes, you'll be able to access the Flagship Lounge.
DMPHL is offline  
Old Feb 4, 20, 1:27 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 46,800
The policy seems crystal clear:

" traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline."
Often1 is offline  
Old Feb 4, 20, 6:54 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
The policy seems crystal clear:

" traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline."
Yea, pretty clear. Although if someone isn't a frequent OneWorld traveler, I imagine it might get confusing in situations like this one where the lounge QR contracts with and directs passengers to, and listed on the OneWorld website, is not the Flagship Lounge, likely because it's cheaper per passenger for them. If I didn't know, I might wonder if those specific instances supersede the general rules. But, yes, regardless, access for QR J no problem at all.
FlyerTalker6823112 likes this.
DMPHL is offline  
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:46 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: United MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Southwest Airlines
Posts: 705
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
Yea, pretty clear. Although if someone isn't a frequent OneWorld traveler, I imagine it might get confusing in situations like this one where the lounge QR contracts with and directs passengers to, and listed on the OneWorld website, is not the Flagship Lounge, likely because it's cheaper per passenger for them. If I didn't know, I might wonder if those specific instances supersede the general rules. But, yes, regardless, access for QR J no problem at all.
Thank you for the response.

Sincerely,
cslovacek is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:32 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SE ASIA
Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Posts: 615
Lightbulb

Perhaps just to add - you won't have access to the Flagship First Dining room though ..

This article should help - I remember I was confused about FF Dining when I first visited the FF lounge at LAX

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...dining-access/
kaffir76 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:51 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 46,800
FFD is also clearly delineated on the AA website. It is for AA F only (although BA is apparently paying for it s F pax at some stations).

It's also worth checking out the AA website before traveling as these things do change in odd ways from time-to-time. Not always unfavorably.
Often1 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 11:52 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, QR PC Platinum
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
FFD is also clearly delineated on the AA website. It is for AA F only (although BA is apparently paying for it s F pax at some stations).

It's also worth checking out the AA website before traveling as these things do change in odd ways from time-to-time. Not always unfavorably.
Any OW pax traveling in proper F have access to FFD
fender5787 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 12:17 pm
  #9  
R2
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 778
Originally Posted by fender5787 View Post
Any OW pax traveling in proper F have access to FFD
Two weeks ago at DFW flying QF First to SYD (revenue ticket) was denied entry to FFD. The lounge receptionist checked with her boss and the reply was that they have no contract with QF for FFD.
R2 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:14 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, QR PC Platinum
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
Two weeks ago at DFW flying QF First to SYD (revenue ticket) was denied entry to FFD. The lounge receptionist checked with her boss and the reply was that they have no contract with QF for FFD.
I was admitted as a CX F pax last year at JFK but perhaps it’s different policies at different lounges.
fender5787 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 20, 10:21 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 7,673
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
FFD is also clearly delineated on the AA website. It is for AA F only (although BA is apparently paying for it s F pax at some stations).
Not necessarily. CX F pax get FFD ex-JFK.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 20, 11:29 am
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 46,800
Originally Posted by fender5787 View Post
Any OW pax traveling in proper F have access to FFD
Incorrect.

FFD access has nothing to do with OW.

It is limited to those flying in AA F (proper or not) as well as those whose carrier has made a separate arrangement with AA.

QR does not have such a separate contract with AA.
DMPHL likes this.
Often1 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 20, 11:17 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by fender5787 View Post
I was admitted as a CX F pax last year at JFK but perhaps it’s different policies at different lounges.
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Not necessarily. CX F pax get FFD ex-JFK.
As of now, the access requirements for Flagship First Dining are:

JFK:
- Same-day departure in international AA Flagship First Class, +1 guest (can be departing JFK on a domestic flight connecting to an Int'l first segment, e.g. JFK-MIA-GRU).
- Same-day departure on, or arrival from, transcon AA Flagship First class (JFK-LAX/SFO and vv), no guest
- Same-day arrival from international AA Flagship First class with onward OneWorld connection, +1 guest
- Departure from JFK only in CX First Class, no guest

DFW:
- Same as above re: International AA Flagship First Class departures, connections, and arrivals.
- Domestic flight with onward connection in transcon Flagship First Class (e.g. DFW-SFO-JFK)...unusual but it happens and access is granted.
- Departure from DFW in BA F (there are reports of the agents allowing people connecting to a BA F flight at another gateway, but I imagine that was a fluke and has been quashed).

MIA:
- Same as above re: International AA Flagship First Class departures, connections, and arrivals.
- Domestic flight with onward connection in transcon Flagship First Class (e.g. MIA-JFK-LAX)
- Departure from MIA in BA F

LAX:
- Same as above re: International AA Flagship First Class departures, connections, and arrivals.
- Same-day departure on, or arrival from, transcon AA Flagship First class (LAX-JFK and vv), no guest
- Onward connection to transcon AA Flagship First (e.g. LAX-SFO-JFK)
- NO PARTNER AIRLINE ACCESS TO FFD.
DMPHL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: