FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   AA Flagship Lounge Access when Flying QR Business Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2007552-aa-flagship-lounge-access-when-flying-qr-business-class.html)

FriscoHeavy Feb 4, 2020 12:22 pm

AA Flagship Lounge Access when Flying QR Business Class

Hello,

Just a quick question. We will be flying DFW-DOH on Qatar Airways in Business Class soon. Do/will we have access to the AA Flagship Lounge at DFW? Based upon my reading on the American Airlines website, we should, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

DMPHL Feb 4, 2020 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by cslovacek (Post 32032301)
Hello,

Just a quick question. We will be flying DFW-DOH on Qatar Airways in Business Class soon. Do/will we have access to the AA Flagship Lounge at DFW? Based upon my reading on the American Airlines website, we should, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Yes, you'll be able to access the Flagship Lounge.

Often1 Feb 4, 2020 1:27 pm

The policy seems crystal clear:

" traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline."

DMPHL Feb 4, 2020 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32032561)
The policy seems crystal clear:

" traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline."

Yea, pretty clear. Although if someone isn't a frequent OneWorld traveler, I imagine it might get confusing in situations like this one where the lounge QR contracts with and directs passengers to, and listed on the OneWorld website, is not the Flagship Lounge, likely because it's cheaper per passenger for them. If I didn't know, I might wonder if those specific instances supersede the general rules. But, yes, regardless, access for QR J no problem at all.

FriscoHeavy Feb 6, 2020 7:46 am

Originally Posted by DMPHL (Post 32033609)
Yea, pretty clear. Although if someone isn't a frequent OneWorld traveler, I imagine it might get confusing in situations like this one where the lounge QR contracts with and directs passengers to, and listed on the OneWorld website, is not the Flagship Lounge, likely because it's cheaper per passenger for them. If I didn't know, I might wonder if those specific instances supersede the general rules. But, yes, regardless, access for QR J no problem at all.

Thank you for the response.

Sincerely,

kaffir76 Feb 13, 2020 9:32 am

Perhaps just to add - you won't have access to the Flagship First Dining room though ..

This article should help - I remember I was confused about FF Dining when I first visited the FF lounge at LAX

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...dining-access/

Often1 Feb 13, 2020 10:51 am

FFD is also clearly delineated on the AA website. It is for AA F only (although BA is apparently paying for it s F pax at some stations).

It's also worth checking out the AA website before traveling as these things do change in odd ways from time-to-time. Not always unfavorably.

fender5787 Feb 14, 2020 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32068015)
FFD is also clearly delineated on the AA website. It is for AA F only (although BA is apparently paying for it s F pax at some stations).

It's also worth checking out the AA website before traveling as these things do change in odd ways from time-to-time. Not always unfavorably.

Any OW pax traveling in proper F have access to FFD

R2 Feb 14, 2020 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787 (Post 32072458)

Two weeks ago at DFW flying QF First to SYD (revenue ticket) was denied entry to FFD. The lounge receptionist checked with her boss and the reply was that they have no contract with QF for FFD.

fender5787 Feb 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by R2 (Post 32072564)
Two weeks ago at DFW flying QF First to SYD (revenue ticket) was denied entry to FFD. The lounge receptionist checked with her boss and the reply was that they have no contract with QF for FFD.

I was admitted as a CX F pax last year at JFK but perhaps it’s different policies at different lounges.

cmd320 Feb 16, 2020 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32068015)

Not necessarily. CX F pax get FFD ex-JFK.

Often1 Feb 16, 2020 11:29 am

Originally Posted by fender5787 (Post 32072458)

Incorrect.

FFD access has nothing to do with OW.

It is limited to those flying in AA F (proper or not) as well as those whose carrier has made a separate arrangement with AA.

QR does not have such a separate contract with AA.

DMPHL Feb 16, 2020 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787 (Post 32073182)
I was admitted as a CX F pax last year at JFK but perhaps it’s different policies at different lounges.

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32078439)
Not necessarily. CX F pax get FFD ex-JFK.

As of now, the access requirements for Flagship First Dining are:

JFK:
- Same-day departure in international AA Flagship First Class, +1 guest (can be departing JFK on a domestic flight connecting to an Int'l first segment, e.g. JFK-MIA-GRU).
- Same-day departure on, or arrival from, transcon AA Flagship First class (JFK-LAX/SFO and vv), no guest
- Same-day arrival from international AA Flagship First class with onward OneWorld connection, +1 guest
- Departure from JFK only in CX First Class, no guest

DFW:
- Same as above re: International AA Flagship First Class departures, connections, and arrivals.
- Domestic flight with onward connection in transcon Flagship First Class (e.g. DFW-SFO-JFK)...unusual but it happens and access is granted.
- Departure from DFW in BA F (there are reports of the agents allowing people connecting to a BA F flight at another gateway, but I imagine that was a fluke and has been quashed).

MIA:
- Same as above re: International AA Flagship First Class departures, connections, and arrivals.
- Domestic flight with onward connection in transcon Flagship First Class (e.g. MIA-JFK-LAX)
- Departure from MIA in BA F

LAX:
- Same-day departure on, or arrival from, transcon AA Flagship First class (LAX-JFK and vv), no guest
- Onward connection to transcon AA Flagship First (e.g. LAX-SFO-JFK)
- NO PARTNER AIRLINE ACCESS TO FFD.