Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Qpoints - change dates, rerouting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Double Qpoints - change dates, rerouting

I bought a return ticket from Europe to Hong Kong during double Qpoints promotion. I would want to change my return date or if possible, re-route my flight departing from different asian city. Will my earning of double Qpoints be anyhow affected by these changes? I didn’t find any information in terms and conditions. At the moment I am missing 117 Qpoints for my QR platinum renewal and for this flight I should get 120 Qpoints (double amount). It is the last chance for me to get any Qpoints before my March status renewal.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Karol100
I bought a return ticket from Europe to Hong Kong during double Qpoints promotion. I would want to change my return date or if possible, re-route my flight departing from different asian city. Will my earning of double Qpoints be anyhow affected by these changes? I didn’t find any information in terms and conditions. At the moment I am missing 117 Qpoints for my QR platinum renewal and for this flight I should get 120 Qpoints (double amount). It is the last chance for me to get any Qpoints before my March status renewal.
As long as your travel date still falls within the offer dates and as long as your new destination wasn't somehow excluded in the offer T's & C's then you will get the double Qpoints.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Great. Thank you.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:11 pm

Was this the promo that ran in September last year? There was some ambiguity in the offer and I was actually able to get 3x QPoints (because they had promised Bonus Double QPoints where Bonus was defined as additional to what would normally be awarded) - but it depends on the specific offer code.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Yes, it was the September promo but I got only double Qpoints for my first trip from BEG to HKG. Plus I got double Qmiles.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:32 am

im not quiet sure if this works? if u rebook and the old flight may gets canceled, u will get a new booking at current date and if the promo is not avaialable anymore (what i assume) u wont get the double qpoints either! i would striongly recommend to check with QRPC how this will turn out.
although i know its a pain to deal with them, but worth checking ...
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:36 am
Original Poster

I will definitely ask QRPC before making any changes but considering my previous experiences with them, I am not sure if I can 100% trust the information they provide.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:43 am

same bad experiences here, but as said, they should at least know if your old flight gets cancelled and they will rebook a new flight for u. in this case i assume u lost ...
good luck!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:56 am

Yes, it was the September promo but I got only double Qpoints for my first trip from BEG to HKG. Plus I got double Qmiles.
I got Double QMiles as well (I think that was there by default on the offer I got) and only got Double QMiles initially, but was able to get the adjustment after chasing it with QRPC
It helped that I had a clarification from QRPC prior to the booking to hold them to.

More about this here - Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (September 2019)
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:00 am

I will definitely ask QRPC before making any changes but considering my previous experiences with them, I am not sure if I can 100% trust the information they provide.
Make sure to get it in writing on your account, not just over the phone - then you have something to hold them to.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:40 am

Hi guys,

I came back yesterday from a rescheduled flight and the initial booking was done with the 3 Qpoints offer (1909PC079). I do confirm the promo got applied w/o any actions from my side. I was very skeptical but pretty happy it worked smoothly!
Spoiler

Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sifaan
I got Double QMiles as well (I think that was there by default on the offer I got) and only got Double QMiles initially, but was able to get the adjustment after chasing it with QRPC
It helped that I had a clarification from QRPC prior to the booking to hold them to.

More about this here - Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (September 2019)
My offer was 1909PC078 which was originally 2xQmiles and I could extra choose between 3xQmiles or 2xQpoints or 10% discount.
i sent an email to QRPC so I am waiting for their reply now. Thanks for all the replies.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:03 am

I did the exact same routing, but switched the outbound to BEG-CAN - I was able to do that because we lost the Qsuites on the original booking. Also changed the dates. Double miles and points posted immediately, no issues whatsoever. A colleague flew the original routing on a different date, also posted normally.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by meelosh
I did the exact same routing, but switched the outbound to BEG-CAN - I was able to do that because we lost the Qsuites on the original booking. Also changed the dates. Double miles and points posted immediately, no issues whatsoever. A colleague flew the original routing on a different date, also posted normally.
did u change your flights while the offer was still available (within booking period - before 17.sep 2019)?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:40 am

My offer was 1909PC078 which was originally 2xQmiles and I could extra choose between 3xQmiles or 2xQpoints or 10% discount.
i sent an email to QRPC so I am waiting for their reply now. Thanks for all the replies.
The 078 offer promises "Book online during the offer period and earn 2x bonus Qpoints across all cabins." and "Members will earn bonus Qpoints over the base Qpoints earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period.", so you ought to get 3x QPoints

QRPC will likely deny you this (happened with me as well) and it was only after I escalated the issue (wrote to [email protected] and also wrote to the CMB office and asked them to direct it to a supervisor... don't know which of them worked) that I got the correct QPoints credited. Good luck 🤞🏽

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.