Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Significant flight change on award booking.

Significant flight change on award booking.

Old Feb 1, 20, 4:49 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 19
Significant flight change on award booking.

Hi,

I am booked to fly QR204 from Athens to Doha J in August. Then QR946 to Singapore. My QR204 was leaving at 7 pm when booked and it's now changed to 1 pm, making it an 8hour layover. The flight was booked as a Qantas Classic Rewards flight and I'm not sure what can be done as I don't want to wait for 8 hours in Doha. Best would be changing from QR946 to QR942, but Qatar is unwilling to help, and Qantas won't move me because there aren't any rewards seats available.

What can be done about this? especially since its such a significant time change.
Thanks.
verond is offline  
Old Feb 1, 20, 5:43 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 17,141
Originally Posted by verond View Post
I am booked to fly QR204 from Athens to Doha J in August. Then QR946 to Singapore. My QR204 was leaving at 7 pm when booked and it's now changed to 1 pm, making it an 8hour layover. The flight was booked as a Qantas Classic Rewards flight and I'm not sure what can be done as I don't want to wait for 8 hours in Doha. Best would be changing from QR946 to QR942, but Qatar is unwilling to help, and Qantas won't move me because there aren't any rewards seats available.

What can be done about this? especially since its such a significant time change.
As booked with QF ff points you must deal with QF ffp. QR will not touch it
If no award showing for QF freg flyers that is it. QF cannot force QR to open award space. Keep looking:- between now and August an award may show or maybe another schedule change.
Anyway an 8 hour layout is not the end of the world.
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Feb 1, 20, 6:05 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
As booked with QF ff points you must deal with QF ffp. QR will not touch it
If no award showing for QF freg flyers that is it. QF cannot force QR to open award space. Keep looking:- between now and August an award may show or maybe another schedule change.
Anyway an 8 hour layout is not the end of the world.
Thanks for the help. Yeah it is not the end of the world, but I'd prefer to spend it in Singapore than an airport lounge.
verond is offline  
Old Feb 1, 20, 10:03 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC, Accor
Posts: 2,128
Originally Posted by verond View Post
Thanks for the help. Yeah it is not the end of the world, but I'd prefer to spend it in Singapore than an airport lounge.
Why not make the most of it and do a side trip into Doha? 8 hours is more than enough.

Have a read of QR free transit visa - DIY Doha night tour? for some tips, but also be aware that the Doha metro is now running to the airport and it is just a couple of QAR to get downtown.
plunet is offline  
Old Feb 2, 20, 12:47 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Why not make the most of it and do a side trip into Doha? 8 hours is more than enough.

Have a read of QR free transit visa - DIY Doha night tour? for some tips, but also be aware that the Doha metro is now running to the airport and it is just a couple of QAR to get downtown.
I've done that before when my flight was delayed missing a connection. Not again, nothing interested in Doha and with 8 hours, by the time you get out to the town its time to go back. Rather spend it in Singapore where I can walk around and get some great food.
verond is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: