Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Flights to China / Coronavirus / Travel Waivers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to China / Coronavirus / Travel Waivers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: QRPC
When you are connecting at DOH, the security takes away the water bottle which you just got from the business class on your previous QR flight which is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by george77300
I'm flying on QR to HKG and then connecting onto CX to Vietnam on the 12th Feb. I assume all should be fine, not too worried at the minute. Seems QR flights are going as planned, and if not the Mainland flights should be cancelled first?
All flights between HK, TW, mainland China and Vietnam have been suspended.
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: EXPLT
All China flights suspended UFN

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
mkm4 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by b74l
Great

First flight I can make from Beijing is on February 3rd at 1:25am as the next one (Feb 2nd) is leaving in 5 hours (local time).

It looks like I am stuck in China for a while. Trying to call them now.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
All flights between HK, TW, mainland China and Vietnam have been suspended.
So I can see according to CX that flights to Vietnam from HKG are cancelled, but ours still showing as operating?

As for QR, it seems our HKG flights still OK, just to mainland China cancelled.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:04 am

And as HKG included in the rebooking policy, despite not being cancelled, can we ask QR to swap the DOH-HKG flight to KUL/SIN/BKK etc... to then go onwards to Vietnam, or even direct? Or will it be a cancel for full refund and rebook to another point in SE Asia?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR suspends flights to mainland China

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...ainland-Chiina
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Splendiz
When you are connecting at DOH, the security takes away the water bottle which you just got from the business class on your previous QR flight which is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.
Safety first! They don't take away the water bottle, you are more than welcome to keep it. They take away the content.

This is definitely not a DOH thing as this regulation applies everywhere. Some airports/staff are more flexible which is the ridiculous part in my opinion: non regular flyers think they can go through with them because they were able to take them on their last trips. They always argue and slow down the complete process. As a consequence, I sip one champagne glass less in the business lounge. I told you, this is ridiculous.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: QRPC
Jep. The most ridiculous part is, that it is a sealed water bottle handed out by QR in a secured environment since you’re coming off a plane so you already passed security before getting on the plane.
Is it possible to check bags before security right after you came off the plane? So next time I can checkin the water bottle to my final destination, lol.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:57 am

And as HKG included in the rebooking policy, despite not being cancelled, can we ask QR to swap the DOH-HKG flight to KUL/SIN/BKK etc... to then go onwards to Vietnam, or even direct? Or will it be a cancel for full refund and rebook to another point in SE Asia?
I have just spoken with QR regarding My ARN-HKG itinerary - they’ve said Hong Kong is NOT included in their policy for Refunds/Rebookings at present and charges would apply.

I made it extremely clear that in this case i’d Like to leave it intact!

Seems like the final of the 4 legs may also now have been op-upped to QSuites!

Started with only 2/4... so, little victories... I suppose...
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87
I have just spoken with QR regarding My ARN-HKG itinerary - they’ve said Hong Kong is NOT included in their policy for Refunds/Rebookings at present and charges would apply.

I made it extremely clear that in this case i’d Like to leave it intact!

Seems like the final of the 4 legs may also now have been op-upped to QSuites!

Started with only 2/4... so, little victories... I suppose...
Just rang Qatar. Be persistent. We’ve been rebooked into KUL and out of SIN for free. Original ticket HEL-DOH-HKG for €1400.

No extra charge for the rebooking. And got A350-1000 Qsuites from SIN, and Qsuites to KUL! So very good news.

From the sounds of it HKG is not cancelled (like Mainland China) but it IS included in rebooking policy.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:19 am

Just rang Qatar. Be persistent. We’ve been rebooked into KUL and out of SIN for free. Original ticket HEL-DOH-HKG for €1400.

No extra charge for the rebooking. And got A350-1000 Qsuites from SIN, and Qsuites to KUL! So very good news.

From the sounds of it HKG is not cancelled (like Mainland China) but it IS included in rebooking policy.
Thank you very much for your time and excellent feedback. I hv 2 trips in April booked that are arriving Asia at different locations, but both are departing PVG. So I’ll follow your lead and just have the PVG return leg rebooked to another Asian city.
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by bonboncl
Great

First flight I can make from Beijing is on February 3rd at 1:25am as the next one (Feb 2nd) is leaving in 5 hours (local time).

It looks like I am stuck in China for a while. Trying to call them now.
Hi bonboncl

Wishing you and everyone impacted and affected by this situation a safe and healthy outcome.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by b74l
Thank you very much for your time and excellent feedback. I hv 2 trips in April booked that are arriving Asia at different locations, but both are departing PVG. So I’ll follow your lead and just have the PVG return leg rebooked to another Asian city.
Just as some further information, they do try and say it has to be within 500 miles, I then pointed out Qatar fly to NO places within that of HKG as mainland China is cancelled. He tried to say refund only option, so I asked to speak to the supervisor. I was on hold a couple minutes and then he says “We just received a new policy 1 min ago I was unaware of. I can do that for you. What would you like”.

Basically, as with all rebookings, have your ideal itinerary written so you know what to ask for. For us was into KUL and out of SIN on specific flights. (Rather than HKG both ways) and ask. And no extra charges applied. So got some far more expensive flights for a very cheap price.

Big win for me for once. Let’s hope these Qsuites stick.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I can see according to CX that flights to Vietnam from HKG are cancelled, but ours still showing as operating?

As for QR, it seems our HKG flights still OK, just to mainland China cancelled.
After a day of intense negotiations, Vietnam decided to exclude Hong Kong from the flight bans.
CX flies normally to VN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.