Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Flights to China / Coronavirus / Travel Waivers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to China / Coronavirus / Travel Waivers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by im359
I said in another post that I felt puzzled on QR decision to cancel the 8am flight, push all passengers to another flight departed 2am the next day, but not vice versa.
Now they produce a layover of nearly 20 hours, but doing another way round the layover will be only 8 hours or so. Either case is not good but surely the later is more reasonable.
In order to catch the 2am flight, passengers have to leave Europe in the morning or early afternoon. The 845am flight is more people who leave Europe in late afternoon or in the evening.

In any event, given that the change has caused huge disruptions to passengers, I think QR has the duty to reroute passenger to other airlines.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: j
Contacted QR today as well to have my flight retimed. We initially had a stopover in Doha but didn't wanna take the risk anymore after the announcement yesterday that the Discover Qatar program was temporarily halted (announcement seems to be gone now?) and they restricted travel from certain countries.

So I called them today that I would like to retime my flights because of the announcement yesterday on their website regarding the discover Qatar program, the guy at the call centre informed me that he would charge me 218 euro penalty fee because I was changing flights. I told him the QR website says these penalties are temporarily waived because of the coronavirus and he replied that he had to consult his supervisor for this. After being on hold for a while he came back that I didn't need pay the penalty and he changed the flights for me (luckily there was no fare difference).

Just a weird experience because they have this "Travel with confidence" campaign all over social media and their website stating that you can change your travel date free of charge or receive a voucher, yet they still act surprised at the call centre when you want to retime your flights due to this, try to charge for the change and need to consult their supervisor when you oppose the charge.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:00 pm

R

Originally Posted by JohnJ92
Contacted QR today as well to have my flight retimed. We initially had a stopover in Doha but didn't wanna take the risk anymore after the announcement yesterday that the Discover Qatar program was temporarily halted (announcement seems to be gone now?) and they restricted travel from certain countries.

So I called them today that I would like to retime my flights because of the announcement yesterday on their website regarding the discover Qatar program, the guy at the call centre informed me that he would charge me 218 euro penalty fee because I was changing flights. I told him the QR website says these penalties are temporarily waived because of the coronavirus and he replied that he had to consult his supervisor for this. After being on hold for a while he came back that I didn't need pay the penalty and he changed the flights for me (luckily there was no fare difference).

Just a weird experience because they have this "Travel with confidence" campaign all over social media and their website stating that you can change your travel date free of charge or receive a voucher, yet they still act surprised at the call centre when you want to retime your flights due to this, try to charge for the change and need to consult their supervisor when you oppose the charge.
The more you deal with these call centre people, the more angry you will be. A lot of them are unfortunately incompetent. They are not familiar with the airline's rules and policies, and they think that they are the supreme judges who make final adjudication to everything. Whatever you tell them (and what you tell them is correct), they will simply dismiss you with an unsatisfactory manner. You are lucky that the person you talked to was willing to consult a more senior person. Imagine if you are being nice and you just do not want to press the person hard on this, you would have lost 218 euros for something that you are entitled to.

Those QR call centre people are pathetic.
Askin001 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:08 am

I can't even get through to the call centre at all. So have put in a refund request and made it very clear that I am expecting a full refund.

I am traveling OSL-SIN with a 24 hour stop over in Doha. But now:

1) I can't get to OSL as they have closed the airports for all foreigners
2) The SIN-DOH leg has been cancelled, there is a 14 hour difference between the flight that has been cancelled and the flight they want to reschedule me on.
3) Doha has banned foreigners from entering the country
4) We have a doctors letter for one of the passengers advising him against travel.

If this doesn't get a full refund, then no one has any chance of getting one
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen
I can't even get through to the call centre at all. So have put in a refund request and made it very clear that I am expecting a full refund.

I am traveling OSL-SIN with a 24 hour stop over in Doha. But now:

1) I can't get to OSL as they have closed the airports for all foreigners
2) The SIN-DOH leg has been cancelled, there is a 14 hour difference between the flight that has been cancelled and the flight they want to reschedule me on.
3) Doha has banned foreigners from entering the country
4) We have a doctors letter for one of the passengers advising him against travel.

If this doesn't get a full refund, then no one has any chance of getting one
When did you travel? Within the next 30 days?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flynz
When did you travel? Within the next 30 days?
Less than 2 weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.