Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge DOH and ATH?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Which lounge DOH and ATH?

I'm Gold on BA and travelling on QR Business Class BKK/DOH/ATH return. I have a friend travelling SIN/DOH/ATH return in Economy class. In DOH I believe I can't invite my friend into the Al Mourjan Business Lounge, but which lounge would I be able to invite him into?
In Athens it's the Swissport lounge which I believe will be no problem, but again unsure.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
As a BA Gold I think you can guest your friend into the so-called Qatar Airways First Class lounge. The escalator for it is close to the famous teddy bear. It's no great shakes and it often gets crowded but I guess it's better than nothing. In Athens it is Swissport lounge. Being an outstation lounge it can be uncertain about guests. The outstation lounge in Muscat told me that I could bring in a guest as a Oneworld Emerald (same as BA Gold). My one time in Athens I was alone and didn't think to ask. If it's not too crowded there's a decent chance you could get a guest in.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Thanks arabmark, That's what I thought that it would be the "so called Qatar Airways First Class lounge". Your right, it's better than nothing. Perhaps I can guest him in there and sneak out and head over to the "real lounge".
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: QRPC
QR Privilege Club members get some lounge vouchers that they can use to invite people into the same lounge as they are. I recently did the Doha Bus tour and invited one of the members of the tour to the lounge with that voucher (which I would not be able to use any other way anyhow). If you meet someone in the Al Mourjan lounge who is a Privilege Club member, he would maybe be able to bring your friend in. ;-)
Or if I happen to be there at the same time, I could do that for you. :P I'll be there in June the next time.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
As a QR Plat travelling on J class, you are eligible to enter the Al Safwa First lounge (the real one) and have 2 guests.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/P..._benefits.html
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
The ATH lounge was basically worthless last time I was there (2 years ago). Not sure if they have upgraded yet.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I was there in the ATH Swissport lounge in September. It was just ok. These Swissport lounges are kind of middle of the road, neither here nor there. I was just in another one in Nairobi the other day. But at least this one in Athens has a lot of window space with views of the tarmac. A decent but not awesome food selection. One white and one red wine. Bog standard stuff. It does get a bit crowded at times. You might get stuck at the eating table. You just have to remember this is an outstation lounge with no Oneworld hub lounge to avail. It could be worse.
flightcrew1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.