Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Seat Charges / Exit Rows now Available

Old Jan 27, 20, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat ( Y-Commuter)

Hello happy QR community!

This is just so great. I just snagged 3 exitrow seats on manage my booking for my upcoming returntrip. On one leg they were all blocked as they ( previous?! ) always are until checkin.
Also a pleasure to see both in and outbound legs to/from BKK early Feb is upgradeable for miles or credits
Well done QR!

Old Jan 27, 20, 1:58 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Great !
It worked for me too ! But only bulkhead row 16 on 77W was selectable. Other exit rows where still blocked on QR app... So itís probably more a glitch than a new benefit ;-)
Albeit all these selectable seats on QR app were still blocked on ExpertFlyer...
Thx for the tip :-)
Old Jan 27, 20, 3:39 am

Just checked four upcoming flights (all economy) but no exit rows / bulkhead seats were available to choose.
Also checked one award booking in Business but row 1 seats were still blocked out.
Old Jan 27, 20, 6:23 am

I actually hope that it's a glitch.. By arriving 15 minutes before check in opens, I have about a 90% success rate of getting either an emergency exit row or bulkhead seat, which makes such a difference in Y. When these seats are pre selectable this strategy won't work anymore.
Old Jan 27, 20, 7:44 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Flying Bosun View Post
Hello happy QR community!

This is just so great. I just snagged 3 exitrow seats on manage my booking for my upcoming returntrip. On one leg they were all blocked as they ( previous?! ) always are until checkin.
Also a pleasure to see both in and outbound legs to/from BKK early Feb is upgradeable for miles or credits
Well done QR!

I just noticed last night when looking at my own reservations and quickly snagged exit row windows for all my upcoming flights! I thought it may be a glitch as I had read these are only available once online check in opens so had an alarm set for it haha. Glad to know it's working for others as well. Makes me hope that they will all stick

Originally Posted by tomonFT View Post
I actually hope that it's a glitch.. By arriving 15 minutes before check in opens, I have about a 90% success rate of getting either an emergency exit row or bulkhead seat, which makes such a difference in Y. When these seats are pre selectable this strategy won't work anymore.
I certainly hope it's not a glitch... saves one the hassle of having to go to the airport before check in opens and having to waste 3 hours
Old Jan 27, 20, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
I certainly hope it's not a glitch... saves one the hassle of having to go to the airport before check in opens and having to waste 3 hours
True, considering that they're still available when you're selecting your seats. When they're blocked and if willing to go to the airport on time, you're pretty much guaranteed seats with extra leg room.

I just tried for 4 segments in November (CPT-DOH-CGK), but exit rows and bulkhead seats were blocked.
Old Jan 27, 20, 8:38 am

True, considering that they're still available when you're selecting your seats. When they're blocked and if willing to go to the airport on time, you're pretty much guaranteed seats with extra leg room.

I just tried for 4 segments in November (CPT-DOH-CGK), but exit rows and bulkhead seats were blocked.
Did you try the website or the app...I looks like they are blocked on the app
Old Jan 27, 20, 8:49 am

Seat Charges for specific Y fare buckets

Just received an odd kinda email from QR. ... Does this mean Qatar is now going the way of most other airlines and starting to charge for you to sit with your family? If this is the case it's daylight robbery at its best considering the absolute piss they are already taking for those of us ex DOH."Enjoy generous legroom or a comfortable workspace when travelling in Economy Class*, or sit together with family and friends, you can now choose your preferred seat* when booking with our Contact Centre or at Qatar Airways Sales offices starting from 28 January 2020.

As a valued Silver Privilege Club member, you will enjoy 25% off when purchasing your preferred seat, anywhere in the Zone 1.

So, whether you have a preference for the aisle, or admire the views through the window. You can now relax and have your seat preference guaranteed*."
Old Jan 27, 20, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Did you try the website or the app...I looks like they are blocked on the app
The website. Didn't try app yet.
Old Jan 27, 20, 8:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Ahhh!!! New "enhancements" . Not looking forward the other enhancements they have in mind...

From their webpage:Qatar Airways generally permits seat selection free of charge in all cabins except for few preferred or extra legroom seats in the Economy cabin. Please refer to the details below:

If you are travelling in First Class or Business Class, you can select your seats free of charge any time from the moment you book your flight.

If you are travelling in Economy Value or Economy Flexi fares, you can select your seats free of charge any time from the moment you book your flight.

If you are travelling in Economy Promo or Economy Saver, there is a charge for preferred / extra legroom seats selection. Alternatively, you can also wait until online check-in opens 48 hours before your flight, and then select a seat of your choice free. Please be aware that the ability to choose and reserve seats of your choice may be limited at this point. If you donít pre-select a seat, we will allocate you one before your flight.

Privilege Club members on Platinum and Gold tiers and equivalent oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members and their accompanying passengers in the same booking reference number will be able to select the seats free of charge on Economy Promo and Economy saver fares. Privilege Club benefits are guaranteed only if there is no name mismatch to the booking.

Passengers with special needs requiring specific seating accommodation should contact Qatar Airways so that they can assist with allocating an appropriate seat free of charge.

Last edited by toastedcafe; Jan 27, 20 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 27, 20, 9:12 am

The website. Didn't try app yet.
Might be worth setting up EF alerts then
tomonFT likes this.
Old Jan 27, 20, 9:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I hope it is not a glitch but yet another new benefit for Platinum members. I am always trying to get early to the airport to have a higher chance of exit row seat when traveling in Y, so this would indeed save some time as was already mentioned.
Old Jan 27, 20, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by dump View Post
I hope it is not a glitch but yet another new benefit for Platinum members. I am always trying to get early to the airport to have a higher chance of exit row seat when traveling in Y, so this would indeed save some time as was already mentioned.
I'm platinum but couldn't select exit rows or bulkhead seats just yet.
Old Jan 27, 20, 11:35 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Doesn't work for me either.
Old Jan 27, 20, 12:53 pm

Programs: Privilege Club - Miles and More
Qatar Airways PC just email me this :
ę Enjoy generous legroom or a comfortable workspace when travelling in Economy Class*, or sit together with family and friends, you can now choose your preferred seat* when booking with our Contact Centre or at Qatar Airways Sales offices starting from 28 January 2020.
As a valued Silver Privilege Club member, you will enjoy 25% off when purchasing your preferred seat, anywhere in the Zone 1.
So, whether you have a preference for the aisle, or admire the views through the window. You can now relax and have your seat preference guaranteed*. Ľ
Before, as Silver member, I can choose my seat in zone 1 ( not the exit row ) for free, now I have to pay.
And a privilege that flies away !
GalaxyChris likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: