Can't access manage my booking?!

Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Can't access manage my booking?!

Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I booked a flight last week through British airways from Edinburgh to Multan (Pakistan) which is travelling on Qatar Airways. This booking I managed to access fine on Qatar website.

Subsequently my family members have also made a booking for the same flights, again through BA flying on Qatar. However they cannot access their bookings on the Qatar website?? Is this because the surname is the same but 2 different booking numbers? The error message that comes up is:

'The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your Travel Support Desk. (141 - 284)."

We need to be able to access this booking as we need to book wheelchair assistance for my younger sister who is disabled!

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:39 pm

Out of curiosity, why did you book through BA?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Out of curiosity, why did you book through BA?
BA has a partnership with qatar airways & it was cheaper on their website than on qatar website for the exact same dates.. that's the only reason
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperGirl123
I booked a flight last week through British airways from Edinburgh to Multan (Pakistan) which is travelling on Qatar Airways. This booking I managed to access fine on Qatar website.

Subsequently my family members have also made a booking for the same flights, again through BA flying on Qatar. However they cannot access their bookings on the Qatar website?? Is this because the surname is the same but 2 different booking numbers? The error message that comes up is:

'The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your Travel Support Desk. (141 - 284)."

We need to be able to access this booking as we need to book wheelchair assistance for my younger sister who is disabled!
By "through BA" do you mean booked on the BA site/BA flight numbers/booked with BA avios or cash/something else?
Do you have a BA PNR (6 character booking reference)?
Do you have the e-ticket?
Have you phoned QR? Or BA?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

I mean I booked it on the BA website. My booking has QR flight numbers, yet this booking has BA flight numbers - but they're both the same flights/times/dates etcetc.

Yes, have an e-ticket & booking ref number.

Contacted BA, they said they have added a wheelchair on their end however to contact QR also. I have tried to get in touch with them online, if not will call them tomorrow. I also need to choose correct seating for my sister aswell!

I just don't get how my booking was completely fine, yet this booking is now having issues and it was both booked the exact same way.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mean I booked it on the BA website.
My booking has QR flight numbers, yet this booking has BA flight numbers - but they're both the same flights/times/dates etc etc. .
Codeshares can be problematic.
Just keep trying with QR
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Codeshares can be problematic.
Just keep trying with QR
I'll phone them up tomorrow. BA twitter just confirmed that the entire journey is via QR, so will deffos get in touch with them now.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not phone now?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Why not phone now?
I'm in the UK and the UK offices are closed as far as I'm aware at this time... ? (10pm)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Reach out to Qatar one twitter as well if you haven't already. They've responded promptly and were able to sort things out for me right away.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

So I managed to get in touch with Qatar and get the wheelchair thing sorted. HOWEVER, i find out that my booking allows me to have 30KG baggage but this other booking is only 23KG yet they are the same flights/everything was done the same?? I regret booking on BA website now :|.

And also I can't seem to choose my seats either yet I managed to do so fine on the 23KG booking like .... Does anyone know why they're different baggage allowances? Qatar said to contact BA, BA say Qatar.....

I've been on the phone to them all day today and both airlines say contact the other airline.... I just do not understand how my booking was 30KG - they're saying that my booking is under QR flight codes and my family's is under BA flight codes.... hence why they're luggage is then 23KG..... just baffling and odd I find.

Anyone actually know why it's like this? Never booking online/code share thing again!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

So.. sorted out the wheelchair thing.. next issue... baggage!

My family's baggage is 23KG... however mine is 30KG?! i spent the entire day today trying to find out why 2 SAME bookings for the SAME flights made on the SAME website... yet one is 30 KG and the other is 23kG?!?!

Both airlines said to get in touch with the other and no one would help me out! All BA said was that my flight is under QR flight codes and my familys is under BA flight codes hence why they have BA baggage.... which to me seems absolutely ridiculous!

Never again am I booking online/code share or whatever... does anyone actually know why they're two different luggages?!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....All BA said was that my flight is under QR flight codes and my familys is under BA flight codes hence why they have BA baggage.... which to me seems absolutely ridiculous! !
Makes sense to me. Different t&c's with different sellers. Not the same bookings, but the same flight operator
Do you need all of the baggage allowance?
At check-in with QR the different allowance may not be noticed.

Keep the physical boarding pass in case the flights do not credit to your ffp's.

[I avoid codeshares where possible.]
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Makes sense to me. Different t&c's with different sellers. Not the same bookings, but the same flight operator
Do you need all of the baggage allowance?
At check-in with QR the different allowance may not be noticed.

Keep the physical boarding pass in case the flights do not credit to your ffp's.

[[I]I avoid codeshares where possible.]
But what doesn't make sense to me is that they were both bought with BA albeit on different dates. Surely the T&C's should be the same for both the bookings even if they were separate bookings are they were booked on the same site/same seller? That's what baffles me. Surely my luggage should also be 23KG instead of 30 then?

BA said to me it's actually 30KG on the phone, my family can go to the airport with 30KG and they won't have any issue.. call up qatar and they're like nope its 23KG.. BA online now say it's 23KG... it's like no one can make their mind up...
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With 1 reservation a code-share (BA-QR) and the other reservation native flights (QR QR) they are not the same.

Could have very difference t&c's for items for example cancellation, changes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.