Qatar Airways: other 8 new destinations in 2020!

Old Jan 15, 20, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Qatar Airways: other 8 new destinations in 2020!

I just found out that Qatar Airways is adding additional 8 new destinations in 2020 (after Santorini, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia; and Osaka (the last just resumed), Japan.that were announced already before). It's official and it's great!
My hope is that in the future they will add Taiwan: Taipei or even better Kaohsiung (less competition there!), Uzbekistan and maybe a third destination in Russia (but I guess that will be hard to choose).

New destinations:

Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan Two weekly flights (starting 30 March 2020)

Almaty, Kazakhstan Two weekly flights starting 1 April 2020, increasing to four weekly flights from 25 May 2020

Cebu, Philippines Three weekly flights (starting 8 April 2020)

Accra, Ghana Daily flights (starting 15 April 2020)

Trabzon, Turkey Three weekly flights (starting 20 May 2020)

Lyon, France Five weekly flights (starting 23 June 2020)

Luanda, Angola Four weekly flights (starting 14 October 2020)

Siem Reap, Cambodia Five weekly flights (starting 16 November 2020)
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:49 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I was so excited to see Siem Reap on the list as we go there at least once a year. That is until I saw it will be operated using the Airbus A321 🙁 7+ hours on one of those recliners doesn't sound too fun.

I was also surprised to see that it is a direct flight and not via PNH/BKK/SGN.
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by kl1987 View Post
I was so excited to see Siem Reap on the list as we go there at least once a year. That is until I saw it will be operated using the Airbus A321 �� 7+ hours on one of those recliners doesn't sound too fun.

I was also surprised to see that it is a direct flight and not via PNH/BKK/SGN.
Siam Reap will operate with the new 321neo, I suspect with sleepers and not recliners in J. The existing 321ceo doesn't have the range to operate Siam Reap.
kl1987 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 am

I thought Dusseldorf was on the list as well...
Old Yesterday, 4:38 am

How can we find out which aircrafts are being proposed for each route? I checked the Qatar Airways website press release for the new destinations, but no info is given. Nur-Sultan and Cebu are interesting destinations but definitely don't want to go all that way on a recliner seat.
Old Yesterday, 5:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Originally Posted by Yanshuf View Post
How can we find out which aircrafts are being proposed for each route? I checked the Qatar Airways website press release for the new destinations, but no info is given. Nur-Sultan and Cebu are interesting destinations but definitely don't want to go all that way on a recliner seat.
DOH-CEB will be operated with B788
Old Yesterday, 6:08 am

Thanks. Do you mean a 787-8? Well, at least that aircraft offers a lie-flat seat. Yes, I know that we can never ever expect a specific aircraft to fly on any Qatar Airways operated route!
Old Yesterday, 6:22 am

I'm going to BKK and HKT with QR this summer.
In the middle of that, I currently have flights to/from REP booked with Air Asia.
I would happily drop those and lose the money if I was able to get a 5th freedom flight (is that the right term?) to REP with QR from BKK or HKT.

Do QR presume they will have sufficient passenger loads from DOH to REP to justify direct flights?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: