Immigration time Doha

Old Jan 15, 20, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold
Immigration time Doha

I will arrive in J ORD-DOH at 4:40 PM. Can I reasonably expect to make a 5:30 PM shuttle to my hotel. I will have 4 checked bags.
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tony View Post
I will arrive in J ORD-DOH at 4:40 PM. Can I reasonably expect to make a 5:30 PM shuttle to my hotel. I will have 4 checked bags.
J immigration should be blisteringly quick through the dedicated business/first class immigration lounge. Luggage shouldn't be too far behind, but on a recent trip it did take a very long time to arrive (flight arrived in the early afternoon so no excuses really).

I would say you have a very good chance to make the 1730, subject to an on time arrival and no hold ups with the hold luggage.
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
J immigration should be blisteringly quick through the dedicated business/first class immigration lounge. Luggage shouldn't be too far behind, but on a recent trip it did take a very long time to arrive (flight arrived in the early afternoon so no excuses really).

I would say you have a very good chance to make the 1730, subject to an on time arrival and no hold ups with the hold luggage.
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I asked in another thread and didn't get any response. Can you comment on non-J arrival immigration wait times at 11pm and departure immigration at 6:30am? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I asked in another thread and didn't get any response. Can you comment on non-J arrival immigration wait times at 11pm and departure immigration at 6:30am? Thanks in advance!
11pm is the beginning of the evening peak for QR, although most people are connecting. Have no first hand evidence but I can't imagine it would be that bad.

Can't comment on the morning.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Yes. Although I'm sure your hotel will have a later shuttle as well.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The immigration hall for J passengers in DOH is literally a lounge. IIRC there are espresso machines (albeit self service) and lounge chairs.
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:41 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Do you have any status? If you're Qatar Gold, you can book free Al Maha Meet & Greet which will take you through the lounge to do immigration & bypass the security lines. I usually arrive around 1700, and the one time I went though the regular immigration lines it took me well over an hour.

For me, using Al Maha to skip the lines on a connection that's just over the threshold to get STPC is one of the most valuable parts of my Gold perks.
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:49 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by indomie View Post
Do you have any status? If you're Qatar Gold, you can book free Al Maha Meet & Greet which will take you through the lounge to do immigration & bypass the security lines. I usually arrive around 1700, and the one time I went though the regular immigration lines it took me well over an hour.

For me, using Al Maha to skip the lines on a connection that's just over the threshold to get STPC is one of the most valuable parts of my Gold perks.
Sadly no status. I'm an EK regular but QR just worked out better for my upcoming trip. Was really hoping they would allow smart gate access for US passport holders like DXB (plus DXB immigration is never more than 5 min).
Old Yesterday, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold
How long does luggage take to arrive at DOH for J passengers? Is it expedited? Recently, the ORD-DOH trips have been taking a longer route.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: