Immigration time Doha

Old Jan 15, 20, 4:45 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold
Posts: 154
Immigration time Doha

I will arrive in J ORD-DOH at 4:40 PM. Can I reasonably expect to make a 5:30 PM shuttle to my hotel. I will have 4 checked bags.
tony is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:24 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,501
Originally Posted by tony View Post
I will arrive in J ORD-DOH at 4:40 PM. Can I reasonably expect to make a 5:30 PM shuttle to my hotel. I will have 4 checked bags.
J immigration should be blisteringly quick through the dedicated business/first class immigration lounge. Luggage shouldn't be too far behind, but on a recent trip it did take a very long time to arrive (flight arrived in the early afternoon so no excuses really).

I would say you have a very good chance to make the 1730, subject to an on time arrival and no hold ups with the hold luggage.
Schwann is online now  
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:32 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 704
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
J immigration should be blisteringly quick through the dedicated business/first class immigration lounge. Luggage shouldn't be too far behind, but on a recent trip it did take a very long time to arrive (flight arrived in the early afternoon so no excuses really).

I would say you have a very good chance to make the 1730, subject to an on time arrival and no hold ups with the hold luggage.
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I asked in another thread and didn't get any response. Can you comment on non-J arrival immigration wait times at 11pm and departure immigration at 6:30am? Thanks in advance!
kq747 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,501
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I asked in another thread and didn't get any response. Can you comment on non-J arrival immigration wait times at 11pm and departure immigration at 6:30am? Thanks in advance!
11pm is the beginning of the evening peak for QR, although most people are connecting. Have no first hand evidence but I can't imagine it would be that bad.

Can't comment on the morning.
Schwann is online now  
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:15 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 23,899
Originally Posted by tony View Post
I will arrive in J ORD-DOH at 4:40 PM. Can I reasonably expect to make a 5:30 PM shuttle to my hotel. I will have 4 checked bags.
Yes. Although I'm sure your hotel will have a later shuttle as well.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: KBOS
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 873
The immigration hall for J passengers in DOH is literally a lounge. IIRC there are espresso machines (albeit self service) and lounge chairs.
Peregrine415 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: nomadic
Programs: QR Silver
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I asked in another thread and didn't get any response. Can you comment on non-J arrival immigration wait times at 11pm and departure immigration at 6:30am? Thanks in advance!
Do you have any status? If you're Qatar Gold, you can book free Al Maha Meet & Greet which will take you through the lounge to do immigration & bypass the security lines. I usually arrive around 1700, and the one time I went though the regular immigration lines it took me well over an hour.

For me, using Al Maha to skip the lines on a connection that's just over the threshold to get STPC is one of the most valuable parts of my Gold perks.
indomie is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:49 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 704
Originally Posted by indomie View Post
Do you have any status? If you're Qatar Gold, you can book free Al Maha Meet & Greet which will take you through the lounge to do immigration & bypass the security lines. I usually arrive around 1700, and the one time I went though the regular immigration lines it took me well over an hour.

For me, using Al Maha to skip the lines on a connection that's just over the threshold to get STPC is one of the most valuable parts of my Gold perks.
Sadly no status. I'm an EK regular but QR just worked out better for my upcoming trip. Was really hoping they would allow smart gate access for US passport holders like DXB (plus DXB immigration is never more than 5 min).
kq747 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 10:47 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold
Posts: 154
How long does luggage take to arrive at DOH for J passengers? Is it expedited? Recently, the ORD-DOH trips have been taking a longer route.
tony is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: