Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Singapore (SIN) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:25 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by cwl
Anyone know the confirmed lounge opening times?
Yes I visited again this morning and confirmed with the staff. It's QR943 departure minus 3 hours to QR943 departure time, then QR947 departure minus 3 hours to QR945 departure time. That means:
  • Now - 28/03/20: 7.55am to 10.55am and 5.25pm to 2am
  • 29/03/20 - 25/10/20: 7.45am to 10.45am and 6.25pm to 2.20am
In Qatar's recent press release (finally) announcing the opening of this lounge, the statement "the Premium Lounge operates daily from 7:30am to 2:00am" is quite misleading.

There is no afternoon opening and no intention to offer one at this stage.
cwl and thefilipinotraveler like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
Yes I visited again this morning and confirmed with the staff. It's QR943 departure minus 3 hours to QR943 departure time, then QR947 departure minus 3 hours to QR945 departure time. That means:
  • Now - 28/03/20: 7.55am to 10.55am and 5.25pm to 2am
  • 29/03/20 - 25/10/20: 7.45am to 10.45am and 6.25pm to 2.20am
In Qatar's recent press release (finally) announcing the opening of this lounge, the statement "the Premium Lounge operates daily from 7:30am to 2:00am" is quite misleading.

There is no afternoon opening and no intention to offer one at this stage.
Excellent timing for both evening JAL HND departures... Good timing for me.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
I was in the lounge on Sunday night and it closed at 8pm.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
pass through immigration at T1
I was under the impression that you can pass exit immigration only at the terminal, where your flight leaves. In recent times I was not allowed through T3 exit immigration with a T1 boarding pass.
So with a T4 boarding pass, I'd assume you can only pass exit immigration at T4, not at T1/T2/T3.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
I was under the impression that you can pass exit immigration only at the terminal, where your flight leaves. In recent times I was not allowed through T3 exit immigration with a T1 boarding pass.
So with a T4 boarding pass, I'd assume you can only pass exit immigration at T4, not at T1/T2/T3.
No, you can clear immigration via any terminal, except T4 immigration (which permits T4 exits only). The staff may tell you your flight is departing from a different terminal and suggest you go that way, but they cannot prevent you clearing through any T1/2/3 exit channel.

With a T1 boarding pass, just insist you know this is not T1 and you still want to clear this way.

If you have a T4 boarding pass it must be stamped by the airline at the check-in desk (e.g. Cathay Jewel Early Check In lounge can do this for you) in order for your to clear through T1/2/3.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
I was in the lounge on Sunday night and it closed at 8pm.
Closed as in they actually asked you to leave? Since they would have had to re-open presumably for QR945 passengers and that flight operated as usual on Sunday night (well, 2am Monday morning).

Suggests they may not be staying open between the two evening departures (QR947/QR945). As far as we were told remaining open in that period is the intention.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
Closed as in they actually asked you to leave? Since they would have had to re-open presumably for QR945 passengers and that flight operated as usual on Sunday night (well, 2am Monday morning).

Suggests they may not be staying open between the two evening departures (QR947/QR945). As far as we were told remaining open in that period is the intention.
Closed as in someone came round and said they were shutting in 15 mins. We had to leave around then anyway to get back to T2 for our MH flight so I didn't hang around until they actually chucked us out.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:08 pm

Hi

Can anyone please confirm the opening hours of this lounge (in normal circumstances)?

i have read the below elsewhere. If it is true it is a shame as I would like to use it between 8pm and 11pm!

cheers!

At the time of writing, Qatar Airways' Singapore Premium Lounge is opendaily in three distinct blocks, geared around the airline's three daily flights from Singapore to Doha: 7.30am to 11am (ahead of QR943) 5.30pm to 8pm (ahead of QR947) 11pm to 2am (ahead of QR945)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:22 pm

Bumping above
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Benm007
Hi

Can anyone please confirm the opening hours of this lounge (in normal circumstances)?

i have read the below elsewhere. If it is true it is a shame as I would like to use it between 8pm and 11pm!

cheers!

At the time of writing, Qatar Airways' Singapore Premium Lounge is open daily in three distinct blocks, geared around the airline's three daily flights from Singapore to Doha: 7.30am to 11am (ahead of QR943) 5.30pm to 8pm (ahead of QR947) 11pm to 2am (ahead of QR945)
QR's SIN lounge opening hours have been very much a moveable feast – at various stages we've been told 7.30am all the way to 2am, or had the two evening blocks combined into one (ie 5.30pm to 2am), along with the above. I was also told that 5.30pm to 2am was the intended ideal but would only happen with sufficient passenger/visitor numbers, as when the lounge opened, COVID-19 was already impacting travel at SIN.

The most recent clarification I had from QR's SIN country manager was that the lounge would remain open from 8pm to 11pm only if QR passengers for QR945 were already in the lounge at 8pm - in which case they wouldn't be asked to leave. Let's put aside opening hours of checkin and why on earth you'd be at Changi more than six hours before a 2am flight! In these very unusual times it would also depend on if QF945 is running or has been 'suspended'.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:39 am

Hi.

thanks for your reply!
I will be there for a BA flight at around 23:50 next April, so hopefully back to normal by then! But as flying in Business I will meet the criteria to visit this lounge.
From what I have read this seems far superior than the other Oneworld business lounges.

I suspect the opening hours are set to prevent people like me filling it up, but maybe if I got in there for 7:30 I would be able to stay? (although my wife will not want to be at the airport for that long I’m sure)
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by djsflynn
QR's SIN lounge opening hours have been very much a moveable feast – at various stages we've been told 7.30am all the way to 2am, or had the two evening blocks combined into one (ie 5.30pm to 2am), along with the above. I was also told that 5.30pm to 2am was the intended ideal but would only happen with sufficient passenger/visitor numbers, as when the lounge opened, COVID-19 was already impacting travel at SIN.

The most recent clarification I had from QR's SIN country manager was that the lounge would remain open from 8pm to 11pm only if QR passengers for QR945 were already in the lounge at 8pm - in which case they wouldn't be asked to leave. Let's put aside opening hours of checkin and why on earth you'd be at Changi more than six hours before a 2am flight! In these very unusual times it would also depend on if QF945 is running or has been 'suspended'.
Are you saying the lounge is currently open?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Benm007
I suspect the opening hours are set to prevent people like me filling it up
Exactly so! :P

It's a lovely lounge, I'd rate it as Changi's best business class lounge. But my understanding is that the 'QR pax arriving insanely early' scenario under which the lounge might remain open past 8pm applies only to QR pax.
Benm007 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Are you saying the lounge is currently open?
I'm not aware of the lounge's current state of being open or closed (does this make it a Schrödinger's Lounge?), just sharing what I know about opening hours per se.
Old May 1, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by djsflynn
I'm not aware of the lounge's current state of being open or closed (does this make it a Schrödinger's Lounge?), just sharing what I know about opening hours per se.
OK, clear. I would've expected it to be closed indeed. Schrödinger's Lounge: I like it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.