Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Singapore (SIN) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
Yes it’s now possible. You will need a physical boarding card, or one printed from home and also stamped by the airline at the check-in desk, in order to do this.

Cathay will pay QR for the lounge visit. They have no choice.
But with a caveat that QR could refuse entry if the lounge was deemed too crowded as other have done in both Changi and other airports?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
Design-wise I don't like this at all - looks like it replaces the extremely classy feel of the LHR/CDG/BKK lounges with a load of stolen ideas from previous BA/CX/QF lounges, just weird.

I'm sure food and service will be great, though.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
But with a caveat that QR could refuse entry if the lounge was deemed too crowded as other have done in both Changi and other airports?
Yes true, that would be quite a detour out of your way to then find the lounge was too busy to accommodate more OW pax, which is of course their prerogative.

I doubt this will be ​an issue in the morning, with only one QR flight and few other oneworld pax to compete with. QR943 is also known for its light loads (there were only 14 pax booked on it in Business when I visited on Tuesday morning. Tomorrow is 23 pax, the next day 18 pax etc...), so a morning access denial in my opinion is highly unlikely.

If you wish to do early check-in at Jewel just before 8am for example when taking the CX690 to HKG (12:55 flight) this will give you the full 3 hours in the QR lounge, then ample time to get back to T4 for one last hour in the CX lounge before boarding. You could do the same with the CX712 to BKK (14:05), which would give you an extra hour in the CX lounge too.

In the evening if you're trying to visit QR before CX636 (20:15) or CX714 (01:25) you do run the risk of being turned away if the lounge is already full of BA/QF/JL/AY pax in addition to QR's own. In that case though at least all is not lost - you can still head to the BA/QF lounges for a while instead (not an option in the morning) and try your luck with QR next time.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:19 pm

Visited last night. I like it. looks spacious and has lots of nice touches like wireless chargers on some tables and the crew are fantastic. Nice complementary partner in crime to the SIN QF F lounge.
kt74, celtic_warrior and kaffir76 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:53 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Personally I think QR lounge is better than QF First in a sense that it's quiet and a nice respite from the hustling and bustling of SIN (which I think is key to a proper lounge). I was at QF First earlier and it felt like a market though granted, I was at QF First just before QF2 departed. I left QF First for QR lounge.

The lounge is still quiet though BA16 (and QF1) folks should already be here at the airport. I wonder if it's because many don't know it's open or the fact that the entrance is far away from BA and QF J lounge.
djsflynn and Tokyoite like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Oh amazing, got a flight out on the 15th!
me too!!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
Is it now possible to enter T1 airside at the exit immigration checkpoint with a T4 boarding pass. I asumme one must enter T4, take the airside bus to T2, walk to T1 QR lounge, walk back to T2 and take the airside bus to T4. The question is whether CX will pay QR for the lounge visit.
The best way for a loungeworthy CX passenger to visit the T1 lounges (we're basically talking QF F and QR) ahead of their flight out of T4 is
  1. swing by the early check-in counters at Jewel to have a physical boarding pass sighted and stamped by an airport check-in agent (without this, you'll be turned away from T1)
  2. pass through immigration at T1
  3. visit either the QF F lounge or the QR lounge, or indeed sample and suss out both, and when you're done...
  4. ... catch the Skytrain from T1 to T2, and then the airside shuttle bus from T2 to T4
Attached map shows the path from Jewel to Emerald heaven.

We've actually written an article detailing the 'CX flyer visiting QF F lounge' process which could be worth checking out: see https://www.executivetraveller.com/h...cathay-pacific

Big important note: you must be sure to allow enough time for the T1-T2 but mainly T2-T4 connection. The airside shuttle bus between T2 and T4 runs only 2-3 times per hour, so you have to tailor your lounging timetable to that schedule and ideally aim to catch the bus before the one you really need to catch. Our admittedly overly-optimistic and possible nanny-state estimate is to be walking out of the Qantas First lounge two hours before your CX flight's departure time. I know somebody who shaved 30 minutes off this without breaking a sweat, so a lounge exit at T-90mins is do-able too, espesh if you travel light and walk briskly. I'd just hate to say 'allow 90 minutes' and have somebody linger a little over their desert and that last espresso martini, then chat a smidge with lounge staff on the way out, just miss a T1-T2 Skytrain, and then just miss a T2-T4 shuttle bus, the next bus runs a but late, and then you end up in a little panic or stress which is not the ideal way to start a flight and would take the shine off that QF F lounge experience.
Tokyoite and SirToby like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Titanium
New QR Lounge at SIN

Some pics of New SIN lounge

Bar area

Buffett

Work spaces

Dining area
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:22 am

Looks great, can't wait to visit the lounge in May
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The shower rooms are very nice as well.

Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:45 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Emeralds departing QR out of SIN should also check out the new QF F lounge too. QF did an excellent job and the dining option there is restaurant quality. Haven't been to the new QR lounge but based on the pics QR looks like it has QF beat on the shower and ambiance, although beauty is in the eye of the beholder. QF shines for its table service dining and bottle quality.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Emeralds departing QR out of SIN should also check out the new QF F lounge too. QF did an excellent job and the dining option there is restaurant quality. Haven't been to the new QR lounge but based on the pics QR looks like it has QF beat on the shower and ambiance, although beauty is in the eye of the beholder. QF shines for its table service dining and bottle quality.
I fully intend to visit both in May
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by J.Edward
In champagne bottles, I would say QR has the upper hand with Veuve Clicquot Brut and Bollinger Rosé, Qantas having Joseph Perier, Taittinger, and Taittinger Rosé. But that is matter of preference.

Ambience is lore or less same level, depends on what style your prefer. But QR is probably going to be less crowded by not accepting Y passengers with status.

I had a huge dinner in town before going to the airport, so I did not get to try the table service dining qualities of the QR lounge. I just could not eat anything. But there was table service for drinks through out the lounge, and the staff was very attentive. Similar to QF.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:29 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Anyone know the confirmed lounge opening times?

I've seen conflicting articles suggesting the lounge closing after the early evening QR947 flight for a short while before reopening about 3 hour before early hours QR945 departure whereas other articles suggest it stays open between these two flights. Does it actually close between theses two flights?

I have a QR945 (02:15hrs) departure coming up but arrive in SIN on a separately ticketed flight at 20:30hrs. Will the Qatar lounge be open from circa 21:00hrs onwards?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cwl
Anyone know the confirmed lounge opening times?

I've seen conflicting articles suggesting the lounge closing after the early evening QR947 flight for a short while before reopening about 3 hour before early hours QR945 departure whereas other articles suggest it stays open between these two flights. Does it actually close between theses two flights?

I have a QR945 (02:15hrs) departure coming up but arrive in SIN on a separately ticketed flight at 20:30hrs. Will the Qatar lounge be open from circa 21:00hrs onwards?
There was no written opening hours when I was there, and I wanted, but forgot, to ask for the specifics. As for closing, I had the 2:20 JAL flight, that only boards at 1:50, and had champagne servere well after they had sent the QR passengers on their way. They were boarding from D34 and I was at C22, so a slight diffenrce in walking distance..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.