Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Using business lounge when transferring from business flight to economy on one ticket

Using business lounge when transferring from business flight to economy on one ticket

Old Jan 13, 20, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I have booked a through ticket from bhx to Rep via Doha and Bkk. I booked business but Qatar said as last leg from bkk to rep it was on a flight with only economy seats and that is what I have got. This leg is on Bangkok Airwsys with has a Qatar flight number also. I know I can use a business lounge at bhx and doha. It is not clear, and I cannot get an answer from Qatar Airways, if I can use a business class lounge in bangkok bkk during my layover as I have been flying business but in bkk I am transferring to economy flight. Does anyone have any knowledge to help me?
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by FelixS View Post
I have booked a through ticket from bhx to Rep via Doha and Bkk. I booked business but Qatar said as last leg from bkk to rep it was on a flight with only economy seats and that is what I have got. This leg is on Bangkok Airwsys with has a Qatar flight number also. I know I can use a business lounge at bhx and doha. It is not clear, and I cannot get an answer from Qatar Airways, if I can use a business class lounge in bangkok bkk during my layover as I have been flying business but in bkk I am transferring to economy flight. Does anyone have any knowledge to help me?
Bangkok Airways offer access to their basic lounges for all passengers in any class. Tea, coffee, snacks type thing, so you wouldn't be high and dry although they aren't much to shout about.

I believe they do have some better lounges for business class at BKK but they don't operate that on all routes and I don't know whether you would qualify, I suspect perhaps not.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:18 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Since Bangkok Airways is not a oneworld airline, oneworld rules do not apply. Therefore in this case, no.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
Since Bangkok Airways is not a oneworld airline, oneworld rules do not apply. Therefore in this case, no.
I was unsure as the bangkok airways flight, and my ticket, have a qatar airways flight number and my ticket states it is a qatar airways flight operated by bangkok sirways.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:58 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by FelixS View Post
I was unsure as the bangkok airways flight, and my ticket, have a qatar airways flight number and my ticket states it is a qatar airways flight operated by bangkok sirways.
oneworld rules only apply if the flight is both marketed and operated by a one​​​​​​world airline.
Marketing airline = Airline of flight number (eg. QR1 - marketing airline is QR)
Operating airline = Airline of the plane
Old Jan 13, 20, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
oneworld rules only apply if the flight is both marketed and operated by a one​​​​​​world airline.
Marketing airline = Airline of flight number (eg. QR1 - marketing airline is QR)
Operating airline = Airline of the plane
Thank you very much for clarifying this for me.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:14 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Given that the QR lounge in BKK is not entirely considered a OW lounge (no access for status holders in Y), it could be worth a try for you to plead your case as having arrived in J on QR and departing on flight sold as a QR code-share on an all-Y service.

Might not work, but you could be lucky.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: