Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

139,709 QMiles to squander before June 2020

Old Jan 11, 20, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.

Hello, have all my QMiles expiring in June and am wondering if the collective hive mind of FT can advise of a business class redemption available for booking for somewhere (other than just Doha) from UK or anywhere in the EU at the moment for anytime this year for just shy of 140K QMiles ?

Thanks in advance :-)
Old Jan 11, 20, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
If not, anyone have any good options for using the points ? Could always convert 100K into All Accor points I think.
Old Jan 11, 20, 5:19 am

I converted mine to Accor; it was too much hassle to have to look for availability, look for pricing, then to submit online form to book, etc etc. Made worse by the fact that the redemption rates are very expensive to begin with.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 6:20 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Redemption on partners are cheaper.
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
Hello, have all my QMiles expiring in June and am wondering if the collective hive mind of FT can advise of a business class redemption available for booking for somewhere (other than just Doha) from UK or anywhere in the EU at the moment for anytime this year for just shy of 140K QMiles ?

there are some easy deals with 50% off on business these days (including some ex-EU), if you are good to travel by end March

if the available destinations donít suit your fancy (or the availability is not good) wait for the next round of easy deals
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Sifaan View Post
if the available destinations don’t suit your fancy (or the availability is not good) wait for the next round of easy deals
If you are just looking to get rid of your miles and be done with QRPC I would suggest this isn't the best strategy as there could always be a devaluation by then (I see double Qmiles are available yet again for bookings currently).
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire

If you are really flexible and planning to visit East Asia, I would suggest a different approach. You can use these Qmiles on multiple one way business/economy class redemptions with partner airlines (Cathay, Japan Airlines) between Japanese cities and Taiwan or Hong Kong. During Golden Week last year, I remember seeing one way flight between Japan and Taipei/ HKG going for a minimum of $700. Compare this with Tokyo-Taipei which I had booked for 20K Qmiles in Economy (Business was 40K)
Old Jan 12, 20, 9:34 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I highly suggest you look into easydeals, I booked quite a few under the current promo and made them quite reasonable value!
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:20 am

Programs: QR Gold (OWS), Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold

As QR's partner award chart is based on miles flown you can create some interesting itineraries - FRA-HKG-FRA flying CX J will cost you 170k Qmiles (vs. 251k Qmiles on QR metal). If you can transfer in 30k miles from a credit card, this will be a good use.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:36 am

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
As many have commented before - use them with Easydeals where you can effectively have double Qmiles (279,418) to use , assuming you get 50% on all you redemptions

SF

Search this Thread
Search Engine: