Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
What sort of meals can I expect when flying Long-Haul Business?
The Business Class meals served are of a far higher quality than those served by most other airlines.
This thread contains photos of actual Menus and/or Wine Lists as well as photos of the food. Discussion about Business Class food is to be found at business class food discussion

What is the menu for my flight?
Look at the index below and see if there is a recent menu for your flight.

There is no menu for my flight. What do I do?
If you are unable to find a menu relevant to your flight, find a QR flight which departs at a similar time to yours, and of a similar length.

Can I rely upon these menus being available when I fly?
No for a number of reasons
1 QR change their menus frequently, so you may be in luck and find the specific options for your flight.
2 Where there is more than one flight a day to a destination the menu varies according to the time of day. Who wants breakfast on an evening flight?
3 Menus may vary from destination to destination due to flight time, number of meals served, local culture etc.

The 2019 menus can all be seen here
The 2018 menus can all be seen here
The 2017 menus can all be seen here
The 2016 menus can all be seen here.
Menus from earlier are mostly using another meals service system and cannot be used to understand the current menus.
Print Wikipost

QR J Menus 2020

Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
North America
Is it? I mean I do love some corned beef hash at a diner, but Ive really thought of it as a normal breakfast staple here (I think of a typical US breakfast as eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes/French toast). Always thought of it as an Irish thing?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by fender5787
Is it? I mean I do love some corned beef hash at a diner, but Ive really thought of it as a normal breakfast staple here (I think of a typical US breakfast as eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes/French toast). Always thought of it as an Irish thing?
Yep. Pretty common breakfast item especially in certain areas of the country. Also it is no longer just a diner or hash house item, Ive been seeing hash on menus in restaurants the last few years (often not beef).
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Yep. Pretty common breakfast item especially in certain areas of the country. Also it is no longer just a diner or hash house item, Ive been seeing hash on menus in restaurants the last few years (often not beef).
Interesting! Ive only lived in the northeast and west coast and corned beef hash was an item that the sole purview of diners. And yeah, hash is now def a thing on the menu of many a trendy Brooklyn, Austin, and LA brunch spots, but I see that more as a trendy thing and not as a traditional American dish way.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
Breakfast out of BKK this morning was the usual Arabic, Congee or poached eggs with beef hash. When I said I didn't want any of them the staff expressed surprise that I didn't want the latter as it was the most popular. I said that I thought most people were choosing it as it wasn't the other two and asked which country or region had beef hash as a typical breakfast dish. They couldn't answer.
Which country or region has chicken sausage for breakfast as a typical breakfast dish? Hardly luxurious but beef hash and poached eggs sounds like an upgrade from the omelette and chicken sausage that would normally complete that trio, at least!
fender5787 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
North America
Lived in Texas for four years and never really noticed it to be honest. Not sure how many American passengers are using the BKK to DOH route though.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Which country or region has chicken sausage for breakfast as a typical breakfast dish? Hardly luxurious but beef hash and poached eggs sounds like an upgrade from the omelette and chicken sausage that would normally complete that trio, at least!
No one in their right mind has ever returned home from a trip and rushed down to the supermarket to see if they stock those yummy chicken sausages they tried on a flight or in a hotel.

Someone should revolutionise the travel industry and promote sausages made from lamb as the religiously acceptable alternative to chicken.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:16 pm

Doha to Oslo QR 175

Who designs these menus? If you don't fancy the breakfast the alternative is a salad or three dishes containing bread. Zero imagination here.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:22 pm

From the above menu I thought I'd just have the cold cuts and wasn't too impressed...

Yuk

I'm sure that the red spot is just where they injected the "smoke flavour" into the meat but I ain't risking eating white meat with red spots on an aeroplane.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:12 am

QR669 CMB - DOH 6 Jan 2020

Too late/early for a meal so I just had the Bibikkan. Then slept so no early breakfast, although I would have chosen the kiribath had I been awake.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:14 am

QR291 DOH - PRG 6 Jan 2020

Ordered a Hindu meal, which consisted of a yoghurt and lentil salad for a starter; and chicken sausages, samosas, and potatoes for the main course. Too full to have anything else on the menu below.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Too late/early for a meal so I just had the Bibikkan. Then slept so no early breakfast, although I would have chosen the kiribath had I been awake.
Perhaps its because Ive never flown to CMB or maybe because im a big fan of spicy south Asian food, but all the CMB (both to and from DOH) menus Ive seen look very interesting and quite delicious, especially compared to the rest of the menus on QRs routes. I wonder why this destination tends to have the most unique menus?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm
Can you get the poached eggs without the hash? I don't eat beef, but would eat the eggs on toast (on Qantas they had someone making fresh poached eggs).
I tend to request the omelette meal without the sausage. Crew are always very happy to oblige - occasionally they forget though (in which case I just leave the sausage uneaten).
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:53 am

[QUOTE=fender5787;Perhaps its because Ive never flown to CMB or maybe because im a big fan of spicy south Asian food, but all the CMB (both to and from DOH) menus Ive seen look very interesting and quite delicious, especially compared to the rest of the menus on QRs routes. I wonder why this destination tends to have the most unique menus?[/QUOTE]

Can't offer a definite answer, but Sri Lankan airlines offer decent meals on their Biz Class. If you start the journey in CMB and you have booked directly with them, there is a large number of meals for pre-selection. Does Qatar feel that they have to offer smething similar, especially because they have a codeshare agreement with Sri Lankan? On our specific flight, the vast majority of passengers just wanted to sleep. Even when they woke up, they wanted something simple like bread and butter rather than a full meal. I am hoping to do a daytime flight on this leg later this year and fully sample all the meal choices.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:07 am

Qr 871 pvg-doh 12 jan 20

Just one quick warning - the black pepper beef was more pepper than beef, super spicy.

Tomato soup

Garden salad

Pepper beef

Apple tart

Last edited by meelosh; Jan 16, 2020 at 5:15 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:09 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
QR848 DOH-KUL 0310-1530hrs

QR68 FRA-DOH 1530-2325hrs

Aston100 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.