Qatar Airways in Kazakhstan

Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:42 am
bil
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Qatar Airways in Kazakhstan

Hello all,

Previously this year there were several news reports about QR launching some flights to Kazakhstan before 2020. It is not long until 2020 and I don't seem to see anything other news than those articles I am refering to. I presume launching a new route has to be very complicated but does anyone know if they still have the intention? The twitter team doesn't seem to know anything.

Best,

Bil
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Recent newspaper reports here maintained it was still going to happen before the year end, but not seen anything yet.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:15 am

Think I read over the weekend it's end of March, with flights to Almaty & Astana
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:13 am

Qatar Airways: other 8 new destinations in 2020!

Originally Posted by Topolino
New destinations:

Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan – Two weekly flights (starting 30 March 2020)

Almaty, Kazakhstan – Two weekly flights starting 1 April 2020, increasing to four weekly flights from 25 May 2020
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, QR Platinum
Do you still need to register at a police station if you are staying more than 5 days? it is the only thing stopping me from going to Kazakhstan
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by alhitmi
Do you still need to register at a police station if you are staying more than 5 days? it is the only thing stopping me from going to Kazakhstan
If you are a citizen/hold a passport from one of the 45 countries that do not require visa for stays of up to 30 days and enter thru one of the international airports, registration is done automatically in the border. You will need to keep with you at all times the white immigration card stamped by Kazakh Immigration throughout your journey and present it on departure.
alhitmi likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by alhitmi
It depends from your passport but the system has changed lately.
See the link below:
Kazakhstan abolishes mandatory registration for tourist visits up to 30 days
https://astanatimes.com/2020/01/kaza...up-to-30-days/

Anyway even if needed registration is not a big deal.
alhitmi likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:28 am

Keep an eye on it though they do seem to change the rules at the drop of a hat, though generally at the moment it is headed in the direction of relaxation, rather than tightening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.