A380 upper deck - seat selection

Old Jan 29, 20, 2:23 am

Programs: QRPC
There we have some more enhancements. Can't wait to see what's next. 30$ for using the toilet? 4% discount for Platinum members, Plus they get free toilet paper. Only on flights longer than 6hours though.
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:00 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I always thought the A380 UD was reserved to full fare Y class and status holders...
Old Jan 30, 20, 10:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
If you get a friendly check in person can you get it for free then? I know QR staff don't really do anything but there is always hope!

Apart from that, does anyone know what they are charging for these seats?

Last edited by energydj; Jan 30, 20 at 10:24 am
Old Jan 31, 20, 1:22 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by energydj View Post
If you get a friendly check in person can you get it for free then? I know QR staff don't really do anything but there is always hope!

Apart from that, does anyone know what they are charging for these seats?
How much I have to pay for preferred seat selection?
Spoiler

Old Feb 1, 20, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Amazon Prime
I was looking yesterday for an upcoming trip in April LHR > DOH and the UD was previously blocked out.

However yesterday it allowed me to change from LD to UD without any charge (accessed the QR booking via the BA app if that matters).

My status is a lowly BA Bronze (OW Ruby).

No complaints here, but contradicts some of the comments in this thread about the UD being for status PC or paid passengers *shrugs*
Old Feb 1, 20, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by Paren View Post
I was looking yesterday for an upcoming trip in April LHR > DOH and the UD was previously blocked out.
Thanks for the hint, I tried again and this time I managed to select the upper deck.
Paren likes this.
Old Feb 1, 20, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Amazon Prime
Originally Posted by gumbleby View Post
Thanks for the hint, I tried again and this time I managed to select the upper deck.
Glad to hear it

Hopefully one day we'll get to understand what the requirements for being eligible to select UD seating actually is
Old Feb 1, 20, 9:28 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat, WY Silver, IB Plata
Glad to hear it

Hopefully one day we'll get to understand what the requirements for being eligible to select UD seating actually is
As per new QR rules ę prefered seats and extra legroom seats Ľ are available free of charge to Gold/OWS, Platinum/OWE and to those who booked a value (fare class V L M K) or flexi (fare class H B Y) ticket, so, unless itís an IT glitch, your ticket probably fall into one of these 2 fare categories.
Paren likes this.
Old Feb 4, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: QRPC-Gold
Just some added info on this thread....My partner has just tried to select some seats to see what is available, he is QR Silver, fare class Q, and able to select upper deck seats (front row) where previously he hasnít, these also were blocked off a month ago when he booked the flights.

Old Feb 6, 20, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Becky8 View Post
Just some added info on this thread....My partner has just tried to select some seats to see what is available, he is QR Silver, fare class Q, and able to select upper deck seats (front row) where previously he hasnít, these also were blocked off a month ago when he booked the flights.
Did your partner have to pay for it?
Old Feb 6, 20, 5:48 am

Programs: QRPC-Gold
Originally Posted by DirektornSE View Post
Did your partner have to pay for it?
No didnít have to pay for it.
Old Feb 20, 20, 2:44 pm

However yesterday it allowed me to change from LD to UD without any charge (accessed the QR booking via the BA app if that matters).

My status is a lowly BA Bronze (OW Ruby).

No complaints here, but contradicts some of the comments in this thread about the UD being for status PC or paid passengers *shrugs*
Originally Posted by gumbleby View Post
Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
As per new QR rules ę prefered seats and extra legroom seats Ľ are available free of charge to Gold/OWS, Platinum/OWE and to those who booked a value (fare class V L M K) or flexi (fare class H B Y) ticket, so, unless itís an IT glitch, your ticket probably fall into one of these 2 fare categories.
Originally Posted by Becky8 View Post
No didnít have to pay for it.
Hi,
Just double check your UD seats haven't been auto Cancelled. I did a booking the other day SYD-DOH-FRA and was suprised to see UD show up for selection. I selected UD, I also received an e-mail confirmation of it. then today, I was checking the trip on "check my trip" only to discover I had no seat assignment. Went to the QR website and the same no seat assignment. I went to seat selection and UD was grayed out.
I then rang QR told then what happened and they said that UD seats are now a chargeable seat. I stated that the website never asked for payment and I received an e-mail confirmation of the seats. They claimed a glitch, and stated that the system at some point had auto cancelled the seat assignment. I decided to pay for UD on the SYD-DOH leg and for now took LD for DOH-FRA.
So for anyone without the suggested status, who has manged to book economy UD seats recently without payment. I would be doing a double check your seat assignment hasn't been auto cancelled.

​​​​​​​Cheers
Old Mar 11, 22, 9:58 am

Would like to hear your views on Qatar A380 upper deck economy seats. I have a choice between 25K, 26K, 30K and 31K (all window seats).
25K and 30K - they are bulk head/exit row seats so there's more legroom. However, the armrest is fixed, making the seat narrower.
26K - regular upper deck economy window seat
31K - this is the last row of the upper deck economy cabin. Since there are only two rows at the back of the cabin, it will make the environment more private. However, seatguru indicates this seat as "bothersome" given its proximity to the lavatory. Anyone has experience sitting in row 31 before? How's the noise of the lavatory during the flight?

Keen to hear your comments on those seats. Many thanks.
Old Mar 11, 22, 4:27 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BAEC
Originally Posted by ma930407 View Post
Would like to hear your views on Qatar A380 upper deck economy seats. I have a choice between 25K, 26K, 30K and 31K (all window seats).
25K and 30K - they are bulk head/exit row seats so there's more legroom. However, the armrest is fixed, making the seat narrower.
26K - regular upper deck economy window seat
31K - this is the last row of the upper deck economy cabin. Since there are only two rows at the back of the cabin, it will make the environment more private. However, seatguru indicates this seat as "bothersome" given its proximity to the lavatory. Anyone has experience sitting in row 31 before? How's the noise of the lavatory during the flight?

Keen to hear your comments on those seats. Many thanks.
I have travelled 9 times on the A380 LHR route and I loved to sit on 26K(4 times), as I can keep my personal items inside the little locker and I can put a cup of tea and my computer mouse when I am working on top of the locker.
31K is usually quite busy after take off as people may wait somewhere next to your seat for using the WC and the galley is also there as well. Cabin crew may get a bit noisy chatting between meal services.

It would be great if anyone can provide some thoughts on my little stupid question.
One aspect that people love travelling on the A380 upper deck is becasue there is a little locker next to the window seats. Some QR aircraft had a sticker that max load of 7kg and some of them are stated no storage in that compartment.
Last time I travelled on the A380 in September 2019, I chose 26K as usual and put my personal items inside the little locker, then I close that for takeoff. When I tried to open it again, it jammed in the closed position. I then informed the cabin crew, he said it is not supposed to store anything and the passenger sat behind me said the same thing as well. Luckily, the locker can open after 15 minutes. Or else, they will to call the maintenance team come up and the flight will be ending up delay. The cabin crew mentioned that he was the first time to work on the A380 and going to the UK.
Old Mar 11, 22, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by arxxxx View Post
I have travelled 9 times on the A380 LHR route and I loved to sit on 26K(4 times), as I can keep my personal items inside the little locker and I can put a cup of tea and my computer mouse when I am working on top of the locker.
31K is usually quite busy after take off as people may wait somewhere next to your seat for using the WC and the galley is also there as well. Cabin crew may get a bit noisy chatting between meal services.

It would be great if anyone can provide some thoughts on my little stupid question.
One aspect that people love travelling on the A380 upper deck is becasue there is a little locker next to the window seats. Some QR aircraft had a sticker that max load of 7kg and some of them are stated no storage in that compartment.
Last time I travelled on the A380 in September 2019, I chose 26K as usual and put my personal items inside the little locker, then I close that for takeoff. When I tried to open it again, it jammed in the closed position. I then informed the cabin crew, he said it is not supposed to store anything and the passenger sat behind me said the same thing as well. Luckily, the locker can open after 15 minutes. Or else, they will to call the maintenance team come up and the flight will be ending up delay. The cabin crew mentioned that he was the first time to work on the A380 and going to the UK.
Thanks a lot. Any difference between row 26 and row 27 on upper deck economy?

Search this Thread