A319 to NCE

Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
A319 to NCE

Flying in January NCE-DOH QR54 shows an A319 with only 8 J seats. What kind of plane is it? Anyone has experience?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat
That'll be this one:
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qa...irbus_A319.php

Unsure what the seats are called, but similar seats are found in some A320 and A332/333. Somewhat slim fit seats, but if you travel as a couple they arent bad.

-A
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brunos
Flying in January NCE-DOH QR54 shows an A319 with only 8 J seats. What kind of plane is it? Anyone has experience?
Well, it's a narrow body -- the J seats are fully flat/horizontal in a 2x2 configuration.

You get a duvet and large pillow. The footwells in the first row are large as I recall. I don't recall pjs. Las up front is small.

You will likely get a bus at DOH -- the area where they park the A319s seem to be in another country.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yep. Frankly, that winter 319 is not great but it is fully flat. The summer 359 is, needless to say, vastly preferable.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Thanks for the information.
So the choice is first row with galley noise or second row with babies in the back (Y).
Great choice!
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
Thanks for the information.
So the choice is first row with galley noise or second row with babies in the back (Y).
Great choice!
Could be worse, could be in Y. Also, you'll have the best crewax ratio in the fleet and except for F on A380 the bet pax:bog ratio.

-A
mr_botak and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:59 am

We flew BEG - DOH on this type of plane on 20 Dec. 2-2 configuration but in no way could those seats recline to fully flat - confirmed by the cabin crew. It was a daytime flight and the cabin service was excellent so we weren't bothered enough for a DYKWIA moment.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Yanshuf
We flew BEG - DOH on this type of plane on 20 Dec. 2-2 configuration but in no way could those seats recline to fully flat - confirmed by the cabin crew. It was a daytime flight and the cabin service was excellent so we weren't bothered enough for a DYKWIA moment.
BEG operates with a 321 not a 319. The 321s have recliners in J which are completely different to the full flat sleepers on the 319.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:13 pm

Yanshuf BEG-DOH 20 December was a regional A320 with recliner seats.
There was a change of aircraft 21 December to A321 with recliner seats.
From 20 November to 20 December only five of the A320 flights had flat seats whilst the remainder were the regional version with recliners.

This information is to be found on theqatarsource.com - Routetracker
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Yanshuf BEG-DOH 20 December was a regional A320 with recliner seats.
There was a change of aircraft 21 December to A321 with recliner seats.
From 20 November to 20 December only five of the A320 flights had flat seats whilst the remainder were the regional version with recliners.

This information is to be found on theqatarsource.com - Routetracker
Originally Posted by Top of climb
BEG operates with a 321 not a 319. The 321s have recliners in J which are completely different to the full flat sleepers on the 319.
Thanks to both. On our e-ticket pdf and also on Qatar's manage my booking, it states that the aircraft is/was an A319. So clearly we ended up with a regional A320 that we weren't expecting.

Should we throw a tantrum now??? (Keep in mind that we are expecting one of us to get cake on the return journey next week...)
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks to both. On our e-ticket pdf and also on Qatar's manage my booking, it states that the aircraft is/was an A319. So clearly we ended up with a regional A320 that we weren't expecting.

Should we throw a tantrum now??? (Keep in mind that we are expecting one of us to get cake on the return journey next week...)
I double whether the tantrum will achieve anything. And as you point out, it might prevent you from having your cake and eating it. Regional business on Qatar is not that bad - try a BA equivalent mid haul, then you would have something to complain about.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:51 pm

I doubt it would get you anything. You did get the best product they have on that size aircraft, they did get you from A to B in the class promised, and I'd be surprised if you got more than a prefabricated reply sying they feel very sorry for you but couldn't care less.

Also, I think you you fall afoul of FT-QR rule 1: never, ever book anything QR for specific seat of feature onboard, QR is known to do unannounced aircraft swaps more often than most people swap socks. Even people paying exra for QSuite has had problems getting anything from QR with last minute subs for 2-2-2 seating.

-A
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:04 am

The 319s are fully committed to NCE and RGN for the Northern Winter timetable so sounds like something buggy is in the world of QR IT... also not a surprise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.