FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Name change due to Marrage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2001024-name-change-due-marrage.html)

chitink Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Name change due to Marrage

I am changing my passport due to marriage name change, I have flights on QR in march that sadly I booked in my maiden name, will QR let me change my name due to this?

texex91 Dec 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by chitink (Post 31870034)
I am changing my passport due to marriage name change, I have flights on QR in march that sadly I booked in my maiden name, will QR let me change my name due to this?

Pick up the phone and call them. More importantly you better get your passport changed ASAP.

You are not the only person to change their name. It's your responsibility to make sure things happen--not theirs.

ft101 Dec 23, 2019 11:32 pm

Unless it's expiry date is an issue, leave changing the passport until after your trip.

chitink Jan 3, 2020 9:49 am

Originally Posted by texex91 (Post 31871012)
Pick up the phone and call them. More importantly you better get your passport changed ASAP.

You are not the only person to change their name. It's your responsibility to make sure things happen--not theirs.

I obviously do not expect them to change my name without me telling them....

sam lewis71 Jan 6, 2020 11:57 am

Can you not wait until after your trip before changing your passport?

plunet Jan 6, 2020 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by sam lewis71 (Post 31915700)

Yep this is usually considered the most pragmatic and safe way of dealing with things. It eliminates the risk of passports getting lost, going missing, etc with your passport service at the most inconvenient moment. Which of course never happens ;)

brunos Jan 6, 2020 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by texex91 (Post 31871012)

I am of a different opinion.
The best way is definitely is to keep the old passport if it satisfies the expiry requirement (6 months validity for many destinations). No hassle.

Changing names on the booking will be a painful process.
In some countries, the new passport just adds the marriage name to the maiden name, so that would be fine.

chitink Jan 10, 2020 11:49 am

Originally Posted by sam lewis71 (Post 31915700)

that was my plan, but i don't have enough passport pages left for Cambodia's requirement of two full empty pages.

plunet Jan 10, 2020 3:28 pm

You cannot avail yourself of the Cambodian eVisa?

LondonElite Jan 10, 2020 3:30 pm

What did QR say when you called them?

ft101 Jan 10, 2020 11:57 pm

Timatic shows 30 day visa on arrival requires one unused page for some nationalities. What country's passport do you hold and where do you see two pages required?